10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Just got some big pixie dust at Peter Pan (not including that which makes you fly haha). The CMs have been fantastic today!

I ordered early this afternoon from Pecos Bill for dinner, but after reading here about the issues, I cancelled that and ordered dinner from Columbia Harbour House. The food was ready in less than five minutes.

We decided not to go back to Magic Kingdom tonight. We had such a great time this morning - purchased all the things we wanted, rode rides and enjoyed our favorite snacks. It’s our last night here after a wonderful weeklong vacation, and we decided we didn’t want to spend it in a sea of elbows on Main Street. So we just got back from the pool and hot tub and are about to enjoy a leisurely dinner. Feeling very comfortable with our decision. We’ll look forward to seeing Enchantment when we’re back in early December.

We were planning a quick trip back to the hotel for a few hours from Epcot ahead of dinner and the CM I questioned about getting back in said no guarantee - only guarantee if you hadn't made your first entry yet. So now we are just killing time in epcot. :)
I don’t see a lot of difference in this and the old capacity rules, right? On a busy day, like Christmas, you were never guaranteed reentry if you left.

We decided not to go back to Magic Kingdom tonight. We had such a great time this morning - purchased all the things we wanted, rode rides and enjoyed our favorite snacks. It’s our last night here after a wonderful weeklong vacation, and we decided we didn’t want to spend it in a sea of elbows on Main Street. So we just got back from the pool and hot tub and are about to enjoy a leisurely dinner. Feeling very comfortable with our decision. We’ll look forward to seeing Enchantment when we’re back in early December.
Great choice! I love the resort time.

I'm not there with you all, but I see the wait times on the app are ridiculously low - is this because everyone is waiting out for the fireworks?

I'm not there with you all, but I see the wait times on the app are ridiculously low - is this because everyone is waiting out for the fireworks?
Fireworks crowd is absolutely enormous. But waits have been low all day. I'm currently sitting about half way down Main Street waiting.

Anyone report of leaving MK, park hopping to another park, then successfully getting back into MK? At HS rn and about to head back to MK.

BTW there’s a projection in on TOT that’s so pretty

Let’s not forget since our great CEO and whoever put together the new show couldn’t say it…

“Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney… May Walt Disney World bring joy and inspiration and new knowledge to all who come to this happy place; a Magic Kingdom where the young and young at heart can laugh and play and learn—together.”

- Roy Disney. October 1971.

Thank you Walt, thank you Roy.

So what does that mean? That only the first relatively few people in the park can get day or merchandise? That’s dumb of Disney.
Staying at beach club. Woke up at 5am got on a bus at 5:30. First in line at the gate. Scan virtual que at 6:19. Got called for days event merch at 10:00 am. Sorry to hear the nightmare stories at the pop.

I got no merchandise, but we rode every ride, saw every show, 2 sit down meals and a capture your moment photo session.

It was an amazing day! Honestly I’m happy with my choice not to stalk merchandise, we set out to do the original rides and ended up doing everything!

I hope everyone had a great day!

Ended up getting there around 11am. Got the last of the blue popcorn buckets & ended up trading one of my buckets for a pink one. And my mom traded one of hers for a yellow. So we each got the two colors we wanted. Got virtual queues for Big Top & Frontier around 12:30pm & 1:30pm, got called back around 3:45pm & 8:57pm respectively. Dealt with the Pecos Bills fiasco although we only waited about 30 minutes, some people waited 2+ hours. We ended up being lucky in being in the Emporium when the Starbucks tumblers restocked so we got some. We only got to ride a few intermittent rides in between as there were very little waits.

We headed out around 5:45pm because mom doesn’t do all day and I wanted to possibly hop to another park for a few hours. So we went to back to our room at SSR for a bit. I ate my left over Earl of Sandwich from last night.

I went to Hollywood Studios from about 7:30pm to 8:45pm. I rode Runaway Railway, ToT, RnR and did a Starbucks run as well and a merch walk through.

Made it back to the TTC for the fireworks to start then I went against the traffic trying to get over to Frontierland for the pins. The line was very long since a lot of people got called back either right before the fireworks or during them, but I got the pins I was there for. Ended the night with Casey’s at 11pm & it was delicious. We haven’t had it since March 2020.

Got all the merch I wanted! Saw what I wanted to see & had a blast!

Ok gang, finally getting ready to go to bed.

We did it all today. We rode every major attraction in MK with the exception of 7DMT (broke down while we were next to board, so we could have!) and VOTLM, and rode everything in AK with the exception of Kali. We saw the opening castle show, the first calvacade, FOTLK, Kite Tails (epic disaster with Baloo taking a crash landing into the water and Louie didn’t fly!), and camped for fireworks starting at 6pm. We also got into big top and we bought the bucket hat, a shirt, and some pins with the date on it. We had no trouble getting our food which we ordered before park open, we sat and enjoyed CHH for lunch and Casey’s for dinner.

honestly I never would have believed we would have gotten 26 rides/shows WITH a park hop to AK and back AND camping for three hours for fireworks. Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter