10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Wait times are fantastic except Haunted Mansion has an hour wait! It’s the longest wait in all of Disney World right now! Everyone is in line for merch, I’ll enjoy the rides and hopefully get into the queue later.

Now over an hour waiting for my food. We are leaving after this. I don't know if I can handle coming back. Feeling panicked.

• Sad
Reactions: CJK

Anyone want to join me at big top for the souvenirs and then/or for crystal palace for lunch? I have a reservation for 2 for both but I'm travelling solo

I'm going to head to the airport now so I'll be a little late. :crazy::joker::D

Seriously, have a great lunch and enjoy your day!

And thanks for the invite!

The only one who didn’t seem to be expecting crowds was WDW. I’ve never seen such disorganization. Food places were acting they’ve never served a crowd before, the popcorn bucket thing was a fiasco. Overall, though other than the popcorn lines, merchandise lines- not as horrible as I expected. We walked right in, had a decent spot for opening, moved through the park fine, even went on 4-5 rides with really short waits which was unexpected. Merch was disappointing but the poster you get when leaving is really beautiful as were the special guide maps. Glad we went, also very glad we left the park at 11.

Back at the contemporary having lunch at steakhouse 71. Managed to get into big top and to frontier trading co for the various day of merch before 10. Going to rest for a bit before heading back into the park later on, got a Casey's mobile order slot for 6pm.

I have spent way more than expected on merch, there is just way too much beautiful stuff!! I'll probably get even more over the next few days.

😂 sorry to any fools that got up and waited for that. Par for the course so far of just meh disappointments.

I knew as soon as I saw that ceremony before the fireworks last night that there wouldn’t be anything today. Seems to be the new Mo. The last several events are hey have done the ceremony/ opening the night before with only invites guests. General public gets left out.

I’m just wondering why they don’t just say it ahead of time. They probably could have avoided a good chunk of the crowd this morning.

I modified then cancelled my Skipper Canteen ADR for this afternoon and came back to Pop around noon. They had the transportation at Pop very organized. I got in line around 6:30 and they kept sending multiple buses every few minutes. It took longer to ride to MK than to wait in the bus line. So glad I decided not to drive to the park. I got the one souvenir I wanted at DS a couple days ago, so I didn’t have to deal with the merchandise lines. Rode a few rides, finally found the HM gargoyle I have been chasing for months, and came back to relax. I am checking out tomorrow, so if I get any energy back, I may hit Epcot this evening. Hope everyone has a great day! :earsboy:

I’m just wondering why they don’t just say it ahead of time. They probably could have avoided a good chunk of the crowd this morning.
Say what ahead of time? They aren’t going to come out and say “we don’t have anything cool planned”. Not sure why anyone would expect something beyond what was announced.

The only one who didn’t seem to be expecting crowds was WDW. I’ve never seen such disorganization. Food places were acting they’ve never served a crowd before, the popcorn bucket thing was a fiasco. Overall, though other than the popcorn lines, merchandise lines- not as horrible as I expected. We walked right in, had a decent spot for opening, moved through the park fine, even went on 4-5 rides with really short waits which was unexpected. Merch was disappointing but the poster you get when leaving is really beautiful as were the special guide maps. Glad we went, also very glad we left the park at 11.

The free poster is literally better than any of the other day-of merch IMO. It’s so nice and I kinda can’t believe they’re giving them away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter