14 day vacation pass question

We got a normal 5 day hopper last time.
Do you remember is the 10(14) day ticket any different. Ie ours was just a paper ticket with the picture of a Disney character on it. Do the longer ones just look the same, or special in any way?

The 14 day ticket was thin cardboard (like the train metcards) and had each person's name written on their ticket. It too had characters on it. I think one of us had goofy, one had Donald and one had Mickey. Does that sound the same as the 5 day pass?

Yep. I guess they use the same ticket for everyone and just input how many days in the computer.

Thanks.

Yep. I guess they use the same ticket for everyone and just input how many days in the computer.

Thanks.

My travel agent just contacted me and told me she can get DL passes for $310 per adult and $280 per child. This is close to the NZ prices and we don't have to pay currency conversion fees! Saves us $50 on what I had thought we'd be paying. Interesting though that it says it expires after 13 days, instead of 14 days - does yours say this too? I have queried this with her as we really need it to be 14 days! But maybe it means 13 days after the first day - I think this is what the old 14 day ticket used to say (though we used it on our last day in 2011, which was the 15th day! :-) )

Yep. It's valid for 13 days after first use. If you go in on the Saturday, you can use it on 10 days, the last being the Friday 2 weeks later.

How lucky you got 15 days last time. We are in Anaheim for 16 days, so our last 2 days we definately can't go. I'd try it, but the kids would be upset if they didn't let us in!

By the way. That's great your travel agent will do that price. Do you get vouchers or something like that? Not an email?

Yep. It's valid for 13 days after first use. If you go in on the Saturday, you can use it on 10 days, the last being the Friday 2 weeks later.

How lucky you got 15 days last time. We are in Anaheim for 16 days, so our last 2 days we definately can't go. I'd try it, but the kids would be upset if they didn't let us in!

By the way. That's great your travel agent will do that price. Do you get vouchers or something like that? Not an email?

Yes, that's what I am hoping (but my travel agent confused me when she listed the dates as 21/9 until 3/10. Maybe she just miscalculated though?)

As for the 15th day, we only knew because we had asked at the turnstile a few days before about how many days we had left, and they said 4, so we worked it out and it meant we could use it on our last day (we confirmed the day before, when they told us we still had another day left). It seems that on that occasion they were letting us use it on 14 separate days, not over a 14 day period (but I am not sure if that was just a glitch in their system or not).

I am not sure what we will get. Last time we got an emailed 1 page coupon/voucher and had to exchange this at the ticket booth.

My travel agent just contacted me and told me she can get DL passes for $310 per adult and $280 per child. This is close to the NZ prices and we don't have to pay currency conversion fees! Saves us $50 on what I had thought we'd be paying. Interesting though that it says it expires after 13 days, instead of 14 days - does yours say this too? I have queried this with her as we really need it to be 14 days! But maybe it means 13 days after the first day - I think this is what the old 14 day ticket used to say (though we used it on our last day in 2011, which was the 15th day! :-) )

Kristin - is your TA from one of the 'big' ones ie Flight Centre? I always get conflicting responses re Australian Disney tickets from them and those prices seem a great deal!

Kristin - is your TA from one of the 'big' ones ie Flight Centre? I always get conflicting responses re Australian Disney tickets from them and those prices seem a great deal!

No, she works for a small family-owned travel agency (it was her dad's business but he is now semi-retired, so I guess it's hers now). The prices she got are through Creative Holidays.

I would never use flight centre, my experiences with them are baaaaaaad!

Hi all, a little bit off-topic, but perhaps a relevant FYI to some of the ticketing being discussed here: we were at WDW two weekends ago for the marathon and noticed that the no-expiry option had been removed from the signage at the TTC. As users of no expiry tickets (my fiancé and I to make it across to Orlando for 3-4 days at a time a couple of times a year, so they make sense for us), we investigated and saw that the option has also been removed from the Disney website.

We delved further and figured out that you can still ask for them at the gate or over the phone (and via the usual third party sellers – e.g. undercovertourist, etc.) but Disney is de-emphasising the no-expiry option as the ticketing system evolves. Perhaps worth knowing if any of you out there also use these...

Hi everyone! We're flying to California tomorrow and just got emailed the 14 day pass from infinity (through flight centre) the voucher looks a little vague, there's very little information on it and its very small. The only other thing they sent through was an itinerary. Can someone who has had this voucher before tell me if that sounds right? It just seems a very plain and uninformative voucher, I'd hate to get to the ticket booth to find its not accepted.TIA! :)

Hi. Ours is from Go Holidays, but I guess it's similar to yours.

It says 'Ticket Voucher. Please present this voucher upon arrival'
Services provided by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, then address etc.
This voucher is for: Our names and ages (for kids)
It has Supplier Information: 10 HOP BONUS

Then there is more information over a couple of pages that explains its use, magic morning etc.

I'm sure yours will be fine.

Have a great trip.:wave2:

aussie shaz said:
Hi. Ours is from Go Holidays, but I guess it's similar to yours.

It says 'Ticket Voucher. Please present this voucher upon arrival'
Services provided by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, then address etc.
This voucher is for: Our names and ages (for kids)
It has Supplier Information: 10 HOP BONUS

Then there is more information over a couple of pages that explains its use, magic morning etc.

I'm sure yours will be fine.

Have a great trip.:wave2:

Thank you! I feel much better about the voucher now! :)

Just going to bump this thread to see if there is any recent developments.

Now that we are locked for September we are in the market for 5 Adult and 2 kids 10-day passes.

Edit, I e-mailed Go Holidays in NZ and this is the response I got:

GO Holidays don't deal direct with the public anymore. Will you be in New
Zealand to collect the tickets? We can only sell to people in New Zealand
as it's a physical voucher - we can't email one through.

Also, we are unable to accept overseas credit cards for payment for products
purchased here in New Zealand.

I bought ours through Air New Zealand Holidays. I believe they use Go Holidays as their wholesaler. Air New Zealand has a wholesale arm and a retail arm. I'm guessing Go Hoidays does too. Retail probably can't sell outside of New Zealand, and wholesale cant sell direct to customers.
This is just my thoughts.

Go holidays are strictly a wholesaler so they don't sell directly to the public where are air New Zealand holidays does both, flight centre also offer the 10 day passes through infinity holidays.

Hi, I am just adding that I ordered a 10day disneyland hopper pass yesterday from flight center through infinity (i think?). But getting info from any travel agent was like pulling hen teeth. You really have to ask for these tickets otherwise they will sell you 4-5day passes for the same price.
We were afraid that we wouldn't get the 10day pass but were very excited when told we could get them & for just a bit extra than a 5 day hopper pass. So any other aussie/NZ travellers - keep at your travel agent until they find what you want & don't stop until you get it. I hope this info helps other fellow travellers. 34wks until we are at DL & then onto WDW. So excited :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter