2 Grandbabies hatched last night! (New pics on page 4)

100_04511.jpg

Awwww the poor little bugger.

Ummm...not so sure about your photo? Might be just my computer but it's not errrmmm, very clear? :guilty:

My goodness -- that pic reminds me of looking at a foetal ultrasound -- I think I see a head, a wing, and I am not sure at all what the other thing is. :lmao: But I'm thinkin' if he's a boy-bird, nobody's gonna call him Tweety. :rolleyes1

My goodness -- that pic reminds me of looking at a foetal ultrasound -- I think I see a head, a wing, and I am not sure at all what the other thing is. :lmao: But I'm thinkin' if he's a boy-bird, nobody's gonna call him Tweety. :rolleyes1

Ok, in that pic the one is laying over the other. His head is in the center foreground, face down. The thing on the right is the other sibling's backside.

So I've named the babies. I named the oldest Hermes. He's always on the go, and refuses to settle into the nest and relax. Every few hours he jumps out and explores the cage, causing his parents to panic, then I have to put him back in. Since I picked a Greek diety for him, my DP decided to go Roman and name the other Venus.

Here's a pic of Hermes after his most recent exploration of the cage...
100_0458.jpg

By the way I suck at getting my camera to focus on stuff that is close-up LOL

Well! That is a fine photo of Hermes! Welcome to the GLBoard, Hermes!

Looking forward to meeting Venus. :goodvibes

OMGosh, they must be so fun to watch. How lucky that you have a mated pair and they expanded the family. I love the pictures, they change so fast, too.

PS, Conch, does your camera have a micro setting, because to get that close up, you really need that setting.

OMGosh, they must be so fun to watch. How lucky that you have a mated pair and they expanded the family. I love the pictures, they change so fast, too.

PS, Conch, does your camera have a micro setting, because to get that close up, you really need that setting.

No, I was trying to hold him at a distance and hold the camera away as well, but it's hard to line up picures with your arms spreadh like :confused3

No, I was trying to hold him at a distance and hold the camera away as well, but it's hard to line up picures with your arms spreadh like :confused3

Well there is that. Time to enlist an aide. You hold, he clicks!

So cute!

When can we take him to the Tiki room and introduce him to his cousins Jose and Pierre?

So here's an update on the babies.

Here's a picture of both Hermes and Venus..
100_0469.jpg

And here are some pictures of Hermes comming out to play on the bed. He decided it would be fun to chase one of the cats away, you can see part of her in the background on the 2nd pic while he stopped to rest. Those tiny little legs don't run very fast!

100_0470.jpg

100_0471.jpg

They are very adorable.

Your cats don't try to eat your birds? I had a rather tramatic find when I was about 8yo and I've never wanted cats and birds together since then. :scared:

They are very adorable.

Your cats don't try to eat your birds? I had a rather tramatic find when I was about 8yo and I've never wanted cats and birds together since then. :scared:

Actually, after an incident with my macaw when I first got him, all of the cats are now afraid of birds LOL

No names yet. I'll post pictures later today. I'm back down to 2 babies. The 2 oldest kind of squashed their little siblings and refused to let them eat.

WOW. when I read that I had three reactions at once..

#1: WOW that was mean
#2: Well that is nature
#3: Man I wish I could have done that with my brother.

Hey, they're starting to look more like birds!

And getting a personality, too. He's gotta be gutsy to chase a cat!

Actually, after an incident with my macaw when I first got him, all of the cats are now afraid of birds LOL
:eek: Taught the cats a lesson, huh? :)

WOW. when I read that I had three reactions at once..

#1: WOW that was mean
#2: Well that is nature
#3: Man I wish I could have done that with my brother.
:rotfl2: I think my brothers did try to do that with me. ;)

Awwwww....how cute! You must be a proud grandpa; or as we say in the south, PeePaw!

They're adorable! I know absolutely nothing about birds so it's amazing to see the colors start to develop.

That's an amazing show of colour. How fun for you and the cats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter