2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

escape

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I don't buy it. I'm
I've seen several posts of people mentioning going to the Disneyland Half - partly to earn the extra medal. :thumbsup2 Is it too early to start a Who's Going Thread?

Here's our roster so far:
AmyBeth68 (Amy) - 5k, Half
AuntieM03 (Michelle) - Half
Brooklyn (Stephanie & Craig) - Half
Caseydilla (Casey, DH & Kids (Kids run)) - 5k, Half
cryssi - Half
Dennyha (Denny & M'Lisse) - Half
DianeL (Diane) - Half - Disneyland Hotel
disneybelle (Darcey) - 5k, Half
drich203 (Rich) - Half
dsnyfan21 (Tracy) - Half - Candy Cane Inn
escape (Susie) nukeman (Steve) - 5k, Half - Candy Cane Inn
getnthinr (Wendy & DS9) - 5k, (Wendy) - Half
goingthedistance (Paul, DW Beckie, brother Daniel) - Half - Disneyland Hotel
goofyinohio (Chris and buddy) - Half - Motel 6
Hey Mickey (Erica) - 5k, Half - taking bets on her DH coming along :teeth:
IheartDL (Leslie & Alan) - Half
jbucci (Jen) rbuccigrossi (Butch) - Half
lap3 (Danny) - Half
Lexxiefern (Beckey and sister) - Half - Disneyland Hotel
lourodrigis (Lou) - Half
MiaBanda (Michelle) - 5k, Half
Millenium Mickey (Lisa) - 5k, Half
mommyto3princesses (& SIL) - Half
MotoXPrincess99 - Half
moredisneyplease - Half
mousemgr2 (Susan) - Half - Disneyland Hotel
mkymsehi (Jeff & friends - Mooshu Marsha, Marsha's mom & Karen) - 5k, Half - Del Sol Inn
noryen (Dan & Cindy) - Half
ScoJo15 (Scott) - 5k, Half
Scott H (Scott) Lynn G (Lynn) - 5k, Half - Disneyland Hotel
sramille - Half
thndrmatt (Matt) mrstropicana (Cheryl) - Half - Sheraton Anaheim
rKyDeX (Chester & Tracy) - Half - Anahiem Marriott
ultramickeymouse (Robert & Linda) - 5k, Half - Grand California
Vanvmom (Wendy & DH & DS (14)) - Half (2 younger DSs) - 5k - Grand California
WDWFAN9 (Pat) jims2Cool (Jim) - Half - Candy Cane Inn
ZWoman (& DH) - 5k - Camelot Inn

Half Marathon for me and AmyBeth68 :) (pssst...Amy...are we doing the 5k?)

I am still debating about it as the thought of sitting on a plane for over four hours the day after the race is not pleasant. I am a teacher, so I cannot justify taking extra days off at the beginning of the school year, so I have to fly home on Monday.

Me! It will be my first 1/2. I am warming up to it by doing a 5k at Knott's Berry Farm in April, which will be my first race ever.

I am still debating about it as the thought of sitting on a plane for over four hours the day after the race is not pleasant. I am a teacher, so I cannot justify taking extra days off at the beginning of the school year, so I have to fly home on Monday.

We will be taking the red eye that night to get to FL on Monday morn, then a 5 day DCL trip :woohoo: Can't wait to board the Magic wearing our medals:woohoo: :woohoo: :thumbsup2

ScoJo15 said:
Wouldn't that make it a Max? (Goofy's son)
I guess it would. :laughing:

I teach and I have to leave Monday as well....on a 4+ hour flight. :(

Scott H said:
We will be taking the red eye that night to get to FL on Monday morn, then a 5 day DCL trip Can't wait to board the Magic wearing our medals
Oh, man! I hate it when I have to do that too! ;) You'll have to take some pics with your Medals with the ship in the background....and post them here.

AuntieM03 said:
Me! It will be my first 1/2. I am warming up to it by doing a 5k at Knott's Berry Farm in April, which will be my first race ever.
Good luck at the KBF 5k. You picked a good place to do your first half! :thumbsup2

Hi Danny! I remember tracking you (and other WISHers) for the first Disneyland Half! :) I assume this will be your third DL Half?

Just booked 8/27-9/2 at Grand Californian Concierge Garden View for DL 1/2:banana: I can walk to the start without a bus ride and 2 hrs wait:cool1:

Hi Danny! I remember tracking you (and other WISHers) for the first Disneyland Half! :) I assume this will be your third DL Half?
Hi Susie!
Thanks for starting this thread! What a great idea! Yes, this will be my third and I hope for better results. I finished last year with a not-so-great time but I guess I can partially blame the 100+ degree weather at the finish. I also hope to run in other WISHers this time, too. Oddly enough, I didn't see one last year. We'll have to start a WISH meet thread leading up to the race.
Have fun training, everyone, and I can't wait to see you all...

Wow! Very cool...a nice WiSH group forming for DL :). I cannot wait. I LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!! :goodvibes

It is going to be cool! This is my first trip to DL. It's kind of a 40th b-day gift/vacation. I'm loooking forward to it and catching up with everyone.

I'm in for the 5K and Half..So far I'm solo for a quick in on Fri and return Mon...Now, where to stay? Anybody up for roomies?

My family and I are planning to make the trip. (A lot hinges on how the budget unfolds this year.) I have registered for the half and would like to do the 5K with my son, but my teens have pretty much sworn off running -- they love to swim, but hate to run. So, it'd be me and DS(9) doing the 5K, then me doing the half alone. My DD(16) and DD(16) (twins) and their Dad, my DH, would only be doing the parks. We have reservations at Paradise Pier because I see this as a once-in-a-decade trip for us all. (I MIGHT go back alone before then, but even that is doubtful.) We'd be staying Friday through Monday -- possibly extending until Tuesday, depending on the teen's school schedule next term.

With reservations and registration already paid for, I have to think the trip is a "go" unless things go sour budgetwise, but in this economy, I'm afraid to get too excited until a bit closer to September.

Paradise Pier is a very nice property, nice and close.

Robert I am envious, of the GC stay, we have done it a couple of times and it is great. But we do get on the Disney Magic on the Monday after. Yeah, what a way to recoup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter