2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

We did 9 nights of GC Concierge in Oct 06. I agree very nice but spendy pt wise.

Scott, you do have the best recovery plan:thumbsup2

In 2006, my DH and I got all excited about the inaugural Disneyland half. Signed up, booked the trip, got the kids all excited (at that time, they were 10 and 7, and the last time we were in DL they were 3.5 and 6 months....). Then, at the last minute (literally the night before our 5 a.m. departure), DH begged off. So the kids and I went and had a blast.

So when we come back all hyped up, DH insists that next year is definitely the year. I sign us up, book a hotel...but this time I have the good sense to wait on the non refundable airline tickets. And, of course, you all know where this is going. Yes, another fun trip for me and my sons, with DH staying behind in New York.

So now I am hearing about how he really definitely is going this year. This is his year. Its gonna happen. He really means it this year. So I've gone ahead and registered (may go back and register for the 5k, too), and will start looking at hotels soon. Anyone want to bet on how many of us actually get on the plane in late August. :rolleyes1 Anyone? Anyone at all? Buehler??

I swear, its a good thing my kids are very easy and fun to travel with or we'd be headed to divorce court.

Oh, um, so the short version is -- see you all in Anaheim for at least the 1/2 and maybe the 5k, too!

Since we are driving, we won't be getting on a plane for sure:lmao:

Also, since I have spent mega DVC points for the 5 nights, we will be there no matter what. Can't miss a meet even if we couldn't do the races for some reason!

Since some of you have mentioned the hotels you will be staying at, I've added them to our roster. If you want me to delete them by your name, let me know.

Robert & Scott H- GC & Paradise Pier - NICE! I loved my one visit at GC. Luckily, there are a lot of cheaper hotels right outside the park - and within walking distance. I SO love the idea of not having to get up at 3am to catch an early bus for the 6am start.

Erica - that is too funny about your DH! Lucky for you, you sons will still go. But then again - it's DISNEY! What's wrong with your DH! :rotfl: Wait a minute, my DH can be the same way at times. :sad2: By the way, I listed you for 5k and the half. I can always take the 5k out later.

We will definitely have to plan some sort of meet!

Just a shameless bump. I don't want this to get lost in the shuffle. :teeth:

Has anyone ever stayed at the Howard Johnson near Disneyland? I'm thinking about doing this race and I've never been to Disneyland. My family sadly wouldn't be coming with me although a friend might if I do end up going so I'm trying to stay very cheap, but safe and within walking distance if at all possible.

Thanks Team.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Howard Johnson near Disneyland? I'm thinking about doing this race and I've never been to Disneyland. My family sadly wouldn't be coming with me although a friend might if I do end up going so I'm trying to stay very cheap, but safe and within walking distance if at all possible.

Thanks Team.

Hopefully, you will get other replies but from what I've heard, it's a decent hotel - I think it will be fine and if the price is right....even better!

Let me know when to add you to our list. :teeth:

Woah...Hey there team mate!!! :wave: Yay...another rabbit going to DL. Woo-Hoo!!!!

Hey amy...I'm trying to persuade my DH to come along. He just got a SWA Rapid Reward ticket and he would be eligible for the extra medal since he did Goofy as well. I told him we could go cheap, stay free at the Hilton with his gazillion points, fly free with SWA. Sounds logical to me!

Rabbits will definitely represent!!

Tracy and I are registered for the Half. We'll be staying offsite at the Anahiem Marriott.

Chester

We're still tossing this one around. DH has never been to DL, and I REALLY want that extra medal. I'm just waiting for the right airfare. I've already "suggested" to DD17 that she may have to stay here since school will have just started, but she's trying to figure out how to fly out Friday evening!

Jackie

Hi! I'm new to these threads (but not the DIS boards). I am going to do the DL 1/2 in August. This will be my first race ever. I'm excited to meet people who will be doing it also.

Me! It will be my first 1/2. I am warming up to it by doing a 5k at Knott's Berry Farm in April, which will be my first race ever.

Do you have a link to this? I think I need to start out with a few smaller races first. How do you find out about other races?

I woudl suggest that you find a local running shop in your area ro maybe the local park and rec dept that might have info on the 5K and 10K races. That is what we did.

Hey Susie, just noticed, a little change, we will be at the DL hotel.

I just found out that there is a runner's club in my area! Cool! I'll have to send them an e-mail. Looks like they get together several times a week to run.

WOW Susie you ROCK so quick with the changes, WOW

Scott, got the change made. :thumbsup2

MotoXPrincess99 - :welcome: Glad you can join us at the Happiest Place on Earth! :teeth:

Our list is really growing! :banana:

Now if only I can get my running speed up...:rolleyes: :teeth:

I am just glad a run a little better than I type. :lmao: :lmao:

Should be a good bunch of folks, wish we were going to be there longer but we have to fly out a few hours after the race. Oh well we are heading to WDW for a 5 night DCL trip. Now that is a post race recovery plan. :lmao:

Thanks Team.

Oooh! Ooh! I know the answer to this one. I've stayed at HoJo's many a time on an overnight to DL, and it's clean and safe. It's walking distance to the start line. I did my first DL half last year, and I tell you walking by the clock on the train station when it reads 4:30 AM was quite an experience.

I just discovered the WISHers! I saw your shirts at the WDW half and wondered who the heck you all were. Who knew in just a few short weeks I'd be a hard-core lurker on your boards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter