2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

I am just glad a run a little better than I type. :lmao: :lmao:

Should be a good bunch of folks, wish we were going to be there longer but we have to fly out a few hours after the race. Oh well we are heading to WDW for a 5 night DCL trip. Now that is a post race recovery plan. :lmao:

Ok, Scott, rub it in, rub it in! I feel for you, man! :laughing: You've just got to wear your castle medal and the "secret" third medal on the plane and boarding the ship. And, we want pictures of it!

:welcome: Leslie! Our shirts do stand out, don't they! :teeth: You are now an official WISHer. Are you going to do the DL half? :woohoo:

This year makes our third Disneyland half marathon. Those castle medals are nice bookends to my Goofy medals!

I'm there with my racing mate Marcia, her mom, and another friend Karen. We were all there last year. Two others who were with us last year can't make it this year.

I'll keep running this, I hope that when year 15 rolls around (2021), they offer a perfect 15 medal like at the Mickey Marathon this year.

I'm booked at the Del Sol Inn just past the crosswalk on Harbor Blvd. ParkVue and Desert Inn are on the same block. Here's a good map of the hotels around Disneyland.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Howard Johnson's is another 5 minute walk down the street. Checkout the mousesavers.com discount webpage.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

We definitely have to have a WISH meet at the Expo or somewhere in the park.

:welcome: Leslie! Our shirts do stand out, don't they! :teeth: You are now an official WISHer. Are you going to do the DL half? :woohoo:

Thanks so much for the welcome. I've been waffling on doing the half because it's so spendy and the middle six miles I found so boring! I know my hubby will do it because he ran the inaugural and wants to keep going.

What with the extra medal and finding you dis'ers, I'm definitely more apt to do it. Less whining might be called for.

On another note I was so happy to find this forum and like-minded people about running AND Disney. It's great to be reading and catching up on the threads. I loved the bio one. WDW in January was our first trip to the World. My hubby did the Goofy and I did the half. Big lesson learned there--don't do ten days at the parks and then a half marathon. I was wiped out. So on that trip we decided we're hooked on WDW and going back and back and back!

Ok, Scott, rub it in, rub it in! I feel for you, man! :laughing: You've just got to wear your castle medal and the "secret" third medal on the plane and boarding the ship. And, we want pictures of it!

WILL DO.....

Scott, got the change made. :thumbsup2

MotoXPrincess99 - :welcome: Glad you can join us at the Happiest Place on Earth! :teeth:

Our list is really growing! :banana:

Thanks! So a few questions. Do the WISHers run/walk together, train together? Can I get a shirt?

Hi! I'm new to these threads (but not the DIS boards). I am going to do the DL 1/2 in August. This will be my first race ever. I'm excited to meet people who will be doing it also.

Do you have a link to this? I think I need to start out with a few smaller races first. How do you find out about other races?

I started by looking on the website for the local running store snail's pace. They had links to other sites that had races listed. I think I ended up on www.raceplace.com

Hi I just found this site from my friend above! We ran the Goofy 2008 and are signed up to run the Disneyland 1/2. We haven't signed up for the 5K yet but we are thinking about it! I hope we get to meet everyone in Aug/Sept at Disneyland

Hi I just found this site from my friend above! We ran the Goofy 2008 and are signed up to run the Disneyland 1/2. We haven't signed up for the 5K yet but we are thinking about it! I hope we get to meet everyone in Aug/Sept at Disneyland

Welcome to the forum:woohoo:

We will be at DL for the 1/2 & 5K as well as Dopey in 09 again.

Mooshu - are you Jeff's friend, Marsha, by chance? :welcome:

MotoXPrincess99 - some of us run together, some like to run at their own pace. Let us know what type of pace you expect and we'll let you know if that fits any of us. I'd love to walk/run with other WISHers.

We will definitely have to have some type of meet and greet. :yay:

LOL, don't you see your picture in my signature Mooshu? It's me, mkymsehi

:welcome: party: :goofy:

MotoXPrincess99 - some of us run together, some like to run at their own pace. Let us know what type of pace you expect and we'll let you know if that fits any of us. I'd love to walk/run with other WISHers.

Mooshu (Marcia) is my friend. Everyone please BEWARE, she's a running nut. If you read my blog, it's all her fault I'm a runner now. She's CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!! LOL.

I've seen several posts of people mentioning going to the Disneyland Half - partly to earn the extra medal. :thumbsup2 Is it too early to start a Who's Going Thread?

Here's our roster so far:

AmyBeth68 (Amy) - 5k, Half
AuntieM03 (Michelle) - Half
disneybelle (Darcey) - 5k, Half
escape (Susie) - 5k, Half - Candy Cane Inn
Hey Mickey (Erica) - 5k, Half - taking bets on her DH coming along :teeth:
lap3 (Danny) - Half
lourodrigis (Lou) - Half
MotoXPrincess99 - Half
mkymsehi (Jeff & friends - MOOSHU Marcia, Marsha's mom & Karen) - Half - Desert Inn and Suites
nukeman (Steve) - Half - Candy Cane Inn
ScoJo15 (Scott) - 5k, Half
Scott H (Scott & Lynn) - 5k, Half - Disneyland Hotel
getnthinr (Wendy & DS9) - 5k, (Wendy) - Half
rKyDeX (Chester & Tracy) - Half - Anahiem Marriott
ultramickeymouse (Robert & Linda) - 5k, Half - Grand Californian

Please update Mushu to Mooshu and Marcia. Thanks.

Well, I am not sure of my pace yet. On the TM I have been walking and jogging. I keep at a 15 minute mile while walking and go up to a 12 minute mile while running (but I can only keep the jogging up for a minute or so).

Can I be added to the list.

DH and I are signed up! He is an avid runner and completed this race last year.

Me on the other hand....I am NOT a runner. I started training last month though and I am really starting to enjoy it!

It was SOOOOOO motivating watching my husband last year that I was determined to do it. We were both signed up to do the 1st one together but he was stuck in Iraq and I was NOT doing it alone. :hug:

I live in Murrieta. Anyone else near here that is training for this????

Our names are Stephanie and Craig. Brooklyn is our DD (6)

:welcome: Stephanie and Craig! I've got you added to roster. :thumbsup2

Stephanie - you can do it! Glad you and Craig can participate together this time. :teeth:

Shameless bump! Anyone else? I'd love to add some more names here. :teeth:

Hey, Susie...check the calendar. I think I have a couple you don't....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter