2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

Thanks for the packing list! I try to keep all my running stuff together and most of the little stuff is still packed in baggies in my running bag. I just carry it from race to race...LOL Blister band aids, hair bands, asprin, extra safety pins, etc. The extra little stuff just in case!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

I am not really liking this flying thing with the liquids/gels. What to take with carryon and what to check. I just put some bigger stuff in my suitcase in a ziplock bag to be checked but most important liquids/gels for the carryon. I have all my race stuff in one of those Packing cubes for my carryon.

Hey Jeff: Watching the little league game. Hawaii up 7 to 3 versus Mexico 4th Inning. GO USA!!!!!

4 more sleeps before I Fly away!!!

Chicken Flyer Tracy:)

World's Greatest Athlete - Brian Clay

Little League World's Series Champions - Wai'pio

Being local boys from Hawaii - PRICELESS!

Racey Tracy,

I'm bringing plain name tags for Friday and Saturday, and a couple of Sharpies. Nothing like you're planning for next January. But it'll do.

Racey Tracy,

I'm bringing plain name tags for Friday and Saturday, and a couple of Sharpies. Nothing like you're planning for next January. But it'll do.

Thanks, Jeff! I'll be seeing ya'll on Saturday!

Robert - so glad nothing major wrong with Linda's foot. Wow! :hug:

Four more sleep nights for me until Anaheim. :cool1:

Jeff: Thanks for doing that. Yeah Hawaii and the USA!!!! Those boys were adorable!!!

3 more sleeps until I Fly away and 6 more sleeps until the race on Sunday!!!! Go WISHers!!!

Three days of work here, will try and we will try and make some of the meets.

I also like to pack some small zip lock bags to put in my race fanny pack, keeps cell phone, ID, money, etc dry as I pour water over myself, and I do leak (sweat) a lot.

Weather is looking good.

uh, good question, Susie - any suggestions? I've got a light blue shirt I'm planning on wearing, could probably find a lime green rubber wrist band to wear, and I'm also planning on wearing a black waist pack.

when is/are the Wish meet(s)? and where? anything planned for Fri night?

Have any lime green? :teeth:

Look for us, ZWoman. We'll be cheering with our WISH shirts on. We'll also meet up after the 5K.

As for meets, there are 2. Friday & Saturday nights - Jambo Juice in Downtown DL - 7pm. I hope I got that right.

Robert, didn't you post a DL press release recently about the race? I can't find it. I probably overlooked it somewhere. I was trying to find out how many people are participating in the half.

I believe it was 13500 in the half of which 1000 are going for the coast to coast medal...

Have any lime green? :teeth:

Look for us, ZWoman. We'll be cheering with our WISH shirts on. We'll also meet up after the 5K.

As for meets, there are 2. Friday & Saturday nights - Jambo Juice in Downtown DL - 7pm. I hope I got that right.

I'll be wearing my eye2eye WISH shirt around the expo on Friday. Look for me!!!

I have some old VMK lime green wrist bands. Remind me at the WISH meet.

7pm Friday and Saturday nights's, Downtown Disney, fronting Jamba Juice. Expect it to be CROWDED, like last year!

The Waip'io Little League champs arrive home about 6:10 pm tonight at Honolulu International Airport. A huge meet and greet is going to be held, and sometime in the near future there is going to be a parade through Waikiki, and a parade through Waip'io.

The leadoff news stories last night and this morning, and the front page of the papers were about the baseball, and NOT the Democratic National Convention. Speaking of which, GO Barack (another local boy)!

Tracy, you have to bring your medal, your race number, and your race ASI photo of you crossing the finish line as proof of you entering the half last January. :lmao:

Don't sweat it, just check with the customer services at the Expo. As long as you finished, you must be in their system.

Here's a link to search for your waiver (you must print it at home and bring it to the expo): http://www.trackshack.com/disneysports/dlwaiver/dlverify.php

Hey Jeff, I thought that was funny before but it looks like that is what will happen. I finally got ahold of someone at trackshack.com (they are the ones putting on the event at DL.) I never did receive the coast to coast email. They told me to bring a copy of my race certificate and go to the Runners Relations booth and they would take care of it. So there you go.... I have my copy with all my papers and my waiver packed in my carryon.

Now I just have to keep an eye on TS Gustav - UGH!!!!

Hey Jeff, I thought that was funny before but it looks like that is what will happen. I finally got ahold of someone at trackshack.com (they are the ones putting on the event at DL.) I never did receive the coast to coast email. They told me to bring a copy of my race certificate and go to the Runners Relations booth and they would take care of it. So there you go.... I have my copy with all my papers and my waiver packed in my carryon.

Now I just have to keep an eye on TS Gustav - UGH!!!!

Tracy,

I didn't even think about including your finisher's certificate. LOL.

What, another storm on it's way??? Before or after you leave?

Tracy,

I didn't even think about including your finisher's certificate. LOL.

What, another storm on it's way??? Before or after you leave?

Yeppie, another storm is on its way. So far its saying that effects won't be felt until Fri/Sat if it heads this way. Most of the models are showing that it is not coming towards FL, but you never know, so have to keep a watch on it. Hopefully it goes off somewhere and I can get out of FL on Thursday and back early Mon morning without much incedent.

Tracy

Last minute tips.

Bring your slippers or Crocs, and put them in your drop bag that you turn in just before the half marathon. That way after the race you have something comfortable to wear instead of your sweaty socks and shoes.

Also, purchase either Dr. Scholl's moleskin or molefoam. Cut into strips or squares, and carry them with you in the event you get a blister or hotspot. Bandaids just don't do it.

Finally, slather your feet with either Bodyglide or Vaseline just before you put on your socks and shoes. Ladies don't forget to get those hard to reach spots of your jogbra.

Whoever arrives first to Disneyland, I think on Wednesday, please give us a weather report so the later arrivals know what to expect.

Whoever arrives first to Disneyland, I think on Wednesday, please give us a weather report so the later arrivals know what to expect.

Jeff,

Jim and I don't get in until Friday morning! The forecase is sure looking a lot better than last year's weather! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

We are looking forward to seeing old teammates and meeting new ones soon.....(you know what I mean by "old":lmao: ).

Thanks for the information. Just switched our ressie to Courtyard Marriott. They are a Good Neighbor hotel but are not on the list? When I called they said they were 15-20 min walk from parking structure?? Wonder if we should switch back to CCI or Anaheim Marriott?

Panic over... :)

Called the Courtyard Marriott and they told me that they are in the same lot as the Anaheim Marriott. We'll just have to walk over the the Anaheim Marriott for the pick up.

Missed out on the lower priced Park Hopper tickets. I didn't realize that the deadline to buy these was last Tuesday.:confused3

SIL and I are considering jumping in a cab and going to In N Out burger for a post- run Double Double. :) :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter