2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

Any input would be appreciated!!!

You can stay in your corrall, but thousands of people will be passing you. I suggest staying off to the side, not down the middle of the road, otherwise you might get trampled. It's Disneyland, and you don't want to ruin that with bad memories.

Have a good walk you two!

2 days and counting for me!!! I just started to throw stuff into my carry on and I have one more short run on Thursday....then I'm off to the happiest place on earth!!!

See everyone soon!

What is your definition of a short run, "Ms. I did the Goofy" without really training. :lmao: :rotfl2: :confused3 :worship: :yay: :banana: :cool1:

Ok all my WISH peeps:

I mostly likely will not post again past tonight around 9:30 EST. I will then be packing up my laptop and not posting until probably Friday If I can get the time.
(I'm now painting my fingernails BRIGHT FLOURESCENT Green!!!)
Hope to get in 3-4 miles on my way home from work tomorrow before I have to leave for FLL airport and reluctantly get on my plane for my 5 hour flight.

Take care everyone and good travels!!!
I have the phone numbers in my cell that I think I need, Jeff, Susie and Pat. Can't wait to meet up with everyone and the CCI gang!! Hope we get our rooms together!!

Good evening, Tracy

Ok all my WISH peeps:

I mostly likely will not post again past tonight around 9:30 EST. I will then be packing up my laptop and not posting until probably Friday If I can get the time.
(I'm now painting my fingernails BRIGHT FLOURESCENT Green!!!)
Hope to get in 3-4 miles on my way home from work tomorrow before I have to leave for FLL airport and reluctantly get on my plane for my 5 hour flight.

Take care everyone and good travels!!!
I have the phone numbers in my cell that I think I need, Jeff, Susie and Pat. Can't wait to meet up with everyone and the CCI gang!! Hope we get our rooms together!!

Good evening, Tracy

Yeah, I'm a "peeps"!

Have a safe trip Tracy, either take some Nyquil to help you sleep on the plane, or order a dozen Mai Tai's. Either way, one of them will help you get through the long flight. :lmao: See you Friday or Saturday at the EXPO or WISH meet.

Whooo Hoooo, one more sleep.

Bags are packed, will print out boarding passes in the morn, then drive to Denver, go to teh zoo, spend the night, early Fri flights to SNA via SLC. Hope DEN is not to crazy with DNC folks leaving. Will get to the expo get all our stuff and chill.

Safe travels to one and all

See ya there

Last minute question...

Anyone know the best way to get from LAX to Candy Cane Inn? You'd think I would have had this figured out by now. Someone said I could just catch a shuttle without making reservations but now I'm a little nervous about that.

Michelle - I'd just stay in your assigned corral. My original plan was to try to do a 14-min pace but due to lack of training and a foot issue, I'll be lucky to do a 15-16 min. pace. I'm also in the 2nd wave. Just look for the WISH shirts. You can hang with us if you'd like. party:

Bags are not packed and I am leaving tomorrow. I think I do have my underwear together but that's about it. First things first. :lmao: Had to get a pedicure tonight. That cut into my packing time. Oh yeah, I still have to prepare for a class I'm teaching tomorrow morning. Ugh!

Hope everyone has a good trip to Anaheim.

Jeff - thanks for the coupon. Is BdP within walking distance?

Thanks for all the opinions, I think I will stay put! I'll go towards the back of the corral and stay to the right.

Last minute question...

Anyone know the best way to get from LAX to Candy Cane Inn? You'd think I would have had this figured out by now. Someone said I could just catch a shuttle without making reservations but now I'm a little nervous about that.

Jeff - thanks for the coupon. Is BdP within walking distance?

For a Disneyland trip, your shuttle selection partly depends on the airport you select.
Between Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Disneyland, the trip takes about 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic.
Between Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA) and Disneyland, travel time is about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.

Shared Shuttle Van Service

For most people shared shuttle van service will be an economical option, and it is quite convenient. The biggest company in Southern California is SuperShuttle, which serves all of the major LA-area airports. Second largest is XpressShuttle. With either of these options you should have to make no more than three stops after you leave the airport, and you will be delivered right to the door of your hotel.
You will need to make an advance reservation for shuttle van service. Payment can be in cash, traveler's checks or by major credit card.
  • From LAX, shared shuttle van service will cost approximately $16 per person one way/$32 per person roundtrip, plus tip.
  • From SNA, shared shuttle van service will cost approximately $10 per person one way/$20 per person roundtrip, plus tip.
4x4_spacer.gif

Coupon link

http://www.anaheimoc.org/Articles/Archive/Webpage10153.asp#transportation

If there are four or more people in your party
and you are flying into Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA), don't bother with taking a shuttle van. It's faster to take a taxi or taxi van, which should cost $40 or less (one way) including tip. No reservation is required: just find the taxi stand outside the terminal doors.

Disneyland Resort Express Bus

One of the least expensive options is Disneyland Resort Express, a private bus service that serves two major airports and a host of Disneyland-area hotels on a regular schedule.

No reservation is required. Payment can be in cash, traveler's checks or by major credit card.
  • From LAX, Disneyland Resort Express will cost approximately $19 one way/$28 roundtrip for an adult; $16 one way/$20 roundtrip for a child, plus tip.
  • From SNA, Disneyland Resort Express will cost approximately $14 one way/$24 roundtrip for an adult; $12 one way/$16 roundtrip for a child, plus tip.
Coupon link

http://graylineanaheim.com/images_new/coupon_GrayLine_Shuttle_2007.gif

Disneyland Resort Express from the airport
- after picking up your luggage at the airport, proceed out to the pickup location:
  • At LAX, go to the center island and stand under the overhead green sign. The bus departs hourly between 6:00 am and 10:00 am; every 30 minutes between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm; and hourly between 7:00 pm and midnight.
  • At SNA, go outside to the Ground Transportation Center and find the area in front of the ticket booth on your left. The bus departs hourly between 7:45 am and 9:45 am; every 30 minutes between 9:45 am and 7:45 pm; and hourly between 7:45 pm and 10:45 pm.
Disneyland Resort Express to the airport - Ask for a schedule at your hotel. Almost all hotels in Anaheim participate, with buses departing hourly starting as early as 5:00 am and as late as 8:00 pm (to SNA) or 9:00 pm (to LAX). The bus will pick up right from your hotel.
If there are four or more people in your party and you are flying into Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA), don't bother with taking Disneyland Resort Express. It's faster to take a taxi or taxi van, which should cost $40 or less (one way) including tip. No reservation is required: just find the taxi stand outside the terminal doors.

If you prefer to rent a car, then check Hotwire.com, cheap rates!

http://www.hotwire.com/car/index.js...8348427b86985d2811f&tracking=CSNCMB_ff_header

Bucca Di Beppo is either a short cab ride, or about a mile and a half walk. It's on South Harbor, past the Convention Center hotel area (Sheraton).

Good Morning All from DL and the GC:)

Long but quick 6 1/2 hr drive. Sitting in room and watch Jay Leno. By the time we got here parks and ESPN Zone closed so in room relaxing. Have crazy story about trying to get our rental car for the drive down. See some of you tomorrow. We will be sporting my Media credentials I got from Disney. My website obviously has been noticed. Have to see where they get us into:rolleyes1

Robert: Cool about the press credentials! Hope you get some killer access with it . . .

Jeff: thanks for all the info, coupons, links, and everything! Is there any question you can't answer? Hmmm....what is the air speed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?

AuntieM03: I am right there with you, both in terms of corral and pace. I was hoping to run but right now with my injured right foot I will be happy if I finish without hopping. I figure I'll just stay in the 6:10 start corrals and cheerfully stay out of everyone's way (it is a little tight at first, but opens up fairly quickly once you hit the street near the convention center( to avoid further injury. We can party n the back together, and this way we get more time to enjoy the course (including the Anahem industrial park with those semi-naked dancers :thumbsup2

we touch down at John Wayne airport before noon, so should be in the parks with some neon green WISH clothing by early afternoon.
Can't wait to see everyone. Hope everyone's travels are smooth!! :wizard:

Robert, how very exciting about your website!

My family and I are leaving for Disneyland late today. I don't have any Wish running gear but I do have a pin to wear. I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you while were there. Good luck running everyone!

Good Morning from GC. We went out and had breakfast at the Concierge lounge on the deck. 8:00 and foggy and cool. Wore tech muscle shirt and was comfortable. It looks to be great running weather on Sat and Sun if this continues.

Jeff: Is there any question you can't answer? Hmmm....what is the air speed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?

Male or female (pregnant or not), into the wind or downwind, sunny or rainy, over land or water, domesticated or wild, two feet or one, molting or not...

Ahhhhhhhgh, you didn't provide me with enough information. :lmao:

Robert: Cool about the press credentials! Hope you get some killer access with it . . .

Jeff: thanks for all the info, coupons, links, and everything! Is there any question you can't answer? Hmmm....what is the air speed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?

AuntieM03: I am right there with you, both in terms of corral and pace. I was hoping to run but right now with my injured right foot I will be happy if I finish without hopping. I figure I'll just stay in the 6:10 start corrals and cheerfully stay out of everyone's way (it is a little tight at first, but opens up fairly quickly once you hit the street near the convention center( to avoid further injury. We can party n the back together, and this way we get more time to enjoy the course (including the Anahem industrial park with those semi-naked dancers :thumbsup2

we touch down at John Wayne airport before noon, so should be in the parks with some neon green WISH clothing by early afternoon.
Can't wait to see everyone. Hope everyone's travels are smooth!! :wizard:

Thanks to you and Escape for the offers. I will look for the WISH shirts. I bought a lime green shirt, but it didn't fit right so I will be in a blue Nike shirt.

Jeff, you crack me up :rotfl2: I love the Monty Python references!

I can't wait to meet everyone in CA. Our flight leaves at 6:40 tomorrow morning. :cool1:

My DH and I will be the ones in the WISH visors (if I finish making them tonight).

-jen

Jeff, you crack me up :rotfl2: I love the Monty Python references!

I can't wait to meet everyone in CA. Our flight leaves at 6:40 tomorrow morning. :cool1:

My DH and I will be the ones in the WISH visors (if I finish making them tonight).

-jen

Jen,

Pretty quiet around here. Must be only you and me who haven't caught our flights, or started driving to Anaheim. Everyone else is on their way with out us. :lmao:

You do know there was a hat and visor order several months ago? There currently are shirt orders being taken.

I'm still here! I leave tomorrow at 7am for the trek down I-5.

And no, Jeff...I will not inhale for you when we pass Harris Ranch! :laughing:

I'm still here! I leave tomorrow at 7am for the trek down I-5.

And no, Jeff...I will not inhale for you when we pass Harris Ranch! :laughing:

Why not??? If you're gonna stink Michelle, you might as well smell what you stink like!

I never knew it was called Harris Ranch. I've always called it the slaughterhouse I-5. You can smell it from miles away in either direction. Dusty, smelly, nasty. Better you than me. :lmao:

Have a safe drive from Roseville, you'll arrive around 3 pm? See you either tomorrow or Saturday!

First Trip to Disneyland and my plane leaves in just a few hours. 6:40 am eastern. Woo Hoo. Go WISH TEAM!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter