2011 DISDads Holiday Gift Exchange - Sign up by 12/6/11

I just picked 1800 Zulu out of the air. Any time is okay with me. 1800 Zulu is 1000 for me and if I am remembering correctly 0700 Friday for katoot.

I know nothing about Zulu time...

But if it's 8pm Eastern Time, it's 10am The next day, Seoul Time. Basically, any time should be fine with me.

However, I've yet to receive my gift...and I'm inclined to believe that it was only sent recently...so I may not get it until next week...

I know nothing about Zulu time...

But if it's 8pm Eastern Time, it's 10am The next day, Seoul Time. Basically, any time should be fine with me.

However, I've yet to receive my gift...and I'm inclined to believe that it was only sent recently...so I may not get it until next week...

Zulu time is the military designation for GMT. I used to deal with freight companies all over the country and it was easier to use GMT or Zulu instead of local times when you have freight all over the world both inbound and outbound. I thought you were only 9 hours ahead of GMT, but I am rusty on my oriental time zones.

Zulu time is the military designation for GMT. I used to deal with freight companies all over the country and it was easier to use GMT or Zulu instead of local times when you have freight all over the world both inbound and outbound. I thought you were only 9 hours ahead of GMT, but I am rusty on my oriental time zones.

Ah...well, we are nine hours ahead, but the way you had stated it (that it would be 0700 here), was wrong. It would be 0300 on Friday.

I'll probably post around 8pm EST if that is ok :confused3. I will be getting the girls ready for bed after that.

I'm in the same boat as Katoot....I've yet to receive my gift.

So if I receive it by tomorrow I'll post, otherwise I'll post once I receive it! :thumbsup2

I know this is early, but it's December 22 in my time zone, and today/tomorrow is going to be a long day, including a road trip to my in-laws in Iowa. So I'm going to go ahead and post my pics now.

First, the "before" pic:
IMG_0430.JPG

While Casey/katoot did put his name on the package as the sender, I'm pretty sure I'd have figured it out, given the international shipping and Korean language on the shipping slip. I don't know whether to be impressed or mildly worried that a package from Korea was so quickly and easily delivered to my United States federal government office.

And now, the much more impressive "after" pic:
DSC_2146.JPG

Starting at about 9 o'clock in the photo: red chili paste, which I'm told is eaten as a dip or condiment; seaweed snacks (which I intend to eat by dipping them in the red chili paste); a Christmas card that has a sort of Korean "Happy Holidays" banner in it; fried sardines; fruit chew candy (the kids have already tried strawberry & peach - they say they're kind of like Starburst); chewing gum in cool Disney wrappers; and finally, the "star" of the gift package - a 3D Pirates of the Caribbean puzzle.

Thank you Casey! The kids liked the candy, and the puzzle is making the trip to Iowa with us (MIL is a huge Pirates fan, and it looks like a project that could keep us occupied indoors for a few days, out of the Iowa cold).

I know this is early, but it's December 22 in my time zone, and today/tomorrow is going to be a long day, including a road trip to my in-laws in Iowa. So I'm going to go ahead and post my pics now.

First, the "before" pic:
IMG_0430.JPG

While Casey/katoot did put his name on the package as the sender, I'm pretty sure I'd have figured it out, given the international shipping and Korean language on the shipping slip. I don't know whether to be impressed or mildly worried that a package from Korea was so quickly and easily delivered to my United States federal government office.

And now, the much more impressive "after" pic:
DSC_2146.JPG

Starting at about 9 o'clock in the photo: red chili paste, which I'm told is eaten as a dip or condiment; seaweed snacks (which I intend to eat by dipping them in the red chili paste); a Christmas card that has a sort of Korean "Happy Holidays" banner in it; fried sardines; fruit chew candy (the kids have already tried strawberry & peach - they say they're kind of like Starburst); chewing gum in cool Disney wrappers; and finally, the "star" of the gift package - a 3D Pirates of the Caribbean puzzle.

Thank you Casey! The kids liked the candy, and the puzzle is making the trip to Iowa with us (MIL is a huge Pirates fan, and it looks like a project that could keep us occupied indoors for a few days, out of the Iowa cold).

Glad to see it made it to you in one piece!

Here's mine from middlepat. Thanks Brian!

6553802047_8770b92e9f.jpg

Exactly what I wanted :) Can't wait to play it!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Very cool gifts guys!!! :thumbsup2

Still waiting for mine to arrive....:sad1:

Agreed - cool gifts.

And also waiting patiently for my gift. ;)

I bought the same Trivial Pursuit for my kids - but I am sure Dad will be playing it more... or at very minimum, just as much.

Very cool gifts so far!!!!! I am sure they are all great!!! I will post mine later when I get home from work...running behind the 8 ball this morning....

Great gifts so far. Mine is sitting at home waiting for me after work.

I'll post pics this evening once I get settled.

Lee, glad you liked the game. I'm a huge Trivial Pursuit fan and the fact that the original inventors of the game were Canadian I can say I'm supporting my "other" homeland. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter