2014 ABD Itineraries. We have a Release date!

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Hi, some others mentioned this in another thread, but I wanted to put this where everyone will notice it.

I just got an Adventure Insiders package. There's a letter included that says:

Hello [Sayhello] Family,

Because you are Adventure Insiders, we want you to be among the first to know about our new itineraries and additions for 2014.

First, we're making some changes to our incredible Italy vacation that we think your family will be especially excited about. We're also adding special departures that include teen-focused activities on our Arizona & Utah, Peru and Costa Rica vacations.

We are also thrilled about a completely new adventure, and as a little hint, we've included a special gift you can sing your heart out to.
Note: the special gift is a Blu-Ray/DVD of "The Sound of Music".

Save the Date - May 22. As Adventure Insiders, you'll be able to book any of these exciting new itineraries a day before the general public. Additional details will also be available that day at AdventuresByDisney.com/2014. Make sure to call us ... or contact your Travel Agent for the best selection of available departure dates.

Come on! Let's adventure together again!

Sincerely,
Ken Potrock,
Senior Vice President, Adventures by Disney.
So it looks like the new itineraries will be announced May 22, and can be booked by Adventure Insiders on May 22, and the general public on May 23. There's no list of any sort of Adventure Insiders perks.

Sayhello

Thanks for letting us know, sayhello! Did the DVD come by USPS or UPS?

I guess the eastern folks get the package ahead of us western folks. It's mailed from FL, right?

Are "Adventures Insiders" a club you can sign up for after your first ABD ? My fiance and I are anxiously awaiting the release dates so we can book our first ABD to Germany for our Honeymoon!

Are "Adventures Insiders" a club you can sign up for after your first ABD ? My fiance and I are anxiously awaiting the release dates so we can book our first ABD to Germany for our Honeymoon!
Yes it is. After your first ABD, you can sign up here:

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/adventure-insiders/

I'm going to call ABD and verify that that's still correct, because I don't see a link to this page on the ABD website.

ETA: I spoke to ABD, and they said to go ahead and use the website to sign up if you qualify. You might not get the current gift, but you can sign up (as long as you've already taken an ABD). They weren't aware yet of the early booking date for Adventure Insiders (gotta love it!) so I won't guarantee there won't be any issues if you try to book on the 22nd. But it's certainly worth a try!

Sayhello

Some of my clients in California got it today, so they're coming! I've been on five AbD trips, but somehow I keep getting "dropped" from the Insider list and I've never gotten anything at all. My boys all do, however. Odd, but I keep signing back up again in hope that it'll stick this time.

I LOVED Austria when we did that one in 2008. I'm hoping that a lot of what we did is included -- it was a great itinerary!

I have no AbD this year. I'm going on an Alaska cruise in July, and a riverboat cruise (r/t Venice) in August. Add in my son's wedding in L.A. in November, one trip to Disneyland, another to WDW, and yet another to L.A. for the wedding shower, and I think I'm overdoing it even for me. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's trip reports for this year!

I originally had a sad face after my "no AbD" comment above. Then I read what I wrote and said, "What the heck do you have to be sad about?" LOL

Dotti

Some of my clients in California got it today, so they're coming! I've been on five AbD trips, but somehow I keep getting "dropped" from the Insider list and I've never gotten anything at all. My boys all do, however. Odd, but I keep signing back up again in hope that it'll stick this time.

I LOVED Austria when we did that one in 2008. I'm hoping that a lot of what we did is included -- it was a great itinerary!

I have no AbD this year. I'm going on an Alaska cruise in July, and a riverboat cruise (r/t Venice) in August. Add in my son's wedding in L.A. in November, one trip to Disneyland, another to WDW, and yet another to L.A. for the wedding shower, and I think I'm overdoing it even for me. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's trip reports for this year!

I originally had a sad face after my "no AbD" comment above. Then I read what I wrote and said, "What the heck do you have to be sad about?" LOL

Dotti

Dotti, I'm exausted just reading your upcoming travel. Wow!

Dotti
Wow! You *do* have quite the year coming up! Have you been to Alaska before? I do love it!

I didn't do an ABD last year. It was hard, but I got through it! ;)

Dotti, I'm exausted just reading your upcoming travel. Wow!
:thumbsup2

Sayhello

Wow! You *do* have quite the year coming up! Have you been to Alaska before? I do love it!

I didn't do an ABD last year. It was hard, but I got through it! ;)

:thumbsup2

Sayhello

A couple of years ago, I hosted 135 people on Holland America for an Alaska inside passage cruise. I LOVED it, even though it was exhausting. This year, I only have 32, and I have help (I was alone last time!) so I'm expecting to love it even more. :)

I'm looking forward more to the wedding, though! It's on a backlot of a movie studio in Manhattan Beach (right outside of LAX). It's a New York Street, and the wedding is 50s/60s/Madmen themed. Two of my three kids work in the industry, so it's fitting. Now to lose that 30 pounds...

Sorry to hijack this thread with my travels! Back to AbD... :)

Hi Y'all, Its been a while since I posted but I lurk occasionally. I always love when ABD releases itineraries! We are way overdue for another ABD. Hoping the Montana Alberta trip will be offered again. We thought we would do it for 2013 but it looks like we will go for it in 2014. As always SayHello is always on the ball:)

For those of us curious about the possible new Austrian itinerary, can you tell us what the 2008 trip included?

Thanks!

We are in AZ and our DVD arrived yesterday.
It was addressed to my last name - that is what I used for Adventure Insiders. My husband, with a different last name, is the one who had booked 4 ABDs.....
Now to see if we get a second package like we did with the Greece one!

For those of us curious about the possible new Austrian itinerary, can you tell us what the 2008 trip included?

Thanks!
The last version of this trip from the 2009 brochure was:

Storybook Kingdoms
Prague, Salzburg and Vienna (8 days/7 nights):

• Take a privately guided tour of Prague's highlights, including the world's largest ancient castle
  • Sweeten your day with a fresh strudel demonstration and tasting
  • Stroll through Salzburg's Mirabell Gardens - as seen in "The Sound of Music"
  • Follow your guide through the medieval village of Cesky Krumlov - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
  • Discover the mysterious trick fountains and grottos of Hellbrun Castle
  • Boat across an underground lake, and slide on the chute of a former Salzburg salt mine
  • Experience the Vienna Zoo after closing for an exclusive feast in the Emperor's Plaza and a privately guided tour
  • View the castle-lined splendor of the Danube River
  • Private marionette show with special behind-the-scenes demonstration
  • Explore Vienna's Festschloss Hof: Hapsburgs' country estate, carriage rides, petting zoo, schnapps tasting and pottery making for Junior Adventurers
  • Enjoy a violin lesson from young Mozart as you dine in one of Europe's oldest restaurants
  • Live the royal life at Schonbrunn Palace - with special activities straight out of Imperial times
Sayhello

Hi Y'all, Its been a while since I posted but I lurk occasionally. I always love when ABD releases itineraries! We are way overdue for another ABD. Hoping the Montana Alberta trip will be offered again. We thought we would do it for 2013 but it looks like we will go for it in 2014. As always SayHello is always on the ball:)
HG!!!!! :yay::yay::yay: Long time no see!

I'd be interested to hear how you like the Montana/Alberta trip if you get to take it. That was the one that got cancelled for me in 2008.

Sayhello

The last version of this trip from the 2009 brochure was:

Storybook Kingdoms
Prague, Salzburg and Vienna (8 days/7 nights):

• Take a privately guided tour of Prague's highlights, including the world's largest ancient castle
  • Sweeten your day with a fresh strudel demonstration and tasting
  • Stroll through Salzburg's Mirabell Gardens - as seen in "The Sound of Music"
  • Follow your guide through the medieval village of Cesky Krumlov - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
  • Discover the mysterious trick fountains and grottos of Hellbrun Castle
  • Boat across an underground lake, and slide on the chute of a former Salzburg salt mine
  • Experience the Vienna Zoo after closing for an exclusive feast in the Emperor's Plaza and a privately guided tour
  • View the castle-lined splendor of the Danube River
  • Private marionette show with special behind-the-scenes demonstration
  • Explore Vienna's Festschloss Hof: Hapsburgs' country estate, carriage rides, petting zoo, schnapps tasting and pottery making for Junior Adventurers
  • Enjoy a violin lesson from young Mozart as you dine in one of Europe's oldest restaurants
  • Live the royal life at Schonbrunn Palace - with special activities straight out of Imperial times
Sayhello

I'd love to see Budapest added to this itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter