2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so assuming that POR is included for my dates of Sept 1-5 would it be easier to book this weekend (package including 4 night stay, 2 day PH, and DDP) and then modify to get FD on monday or just wait until FD comes out to book?
i'm going either way but obviously FD would be great.

if i book now should i book by phone or online to make it easier to modify?
if i book via phone can i modify via MDE or do i have to call back?

i've booked many times with a promo but i have never booked prior to a promo coming out and then modified so i'm looking for answers/advice on the matter.

so assuming that POR is included for my dates of Sept 1-5 would it be easier to book this weekend (package including 4 night stay, 2 day PH, and DDP) and then modify to get FD on monday or just wait until FD comes out to book?
i'm going either way but obviously FD would be great.

if i book now should i book by phone or online to make it easier to modify?
if i book via phone can i modify via MDE or do i have to call back?

i've booked many times with a promo but i have never booked prior to a promo coming out and then modified so i'm looking for answers/advice on the matter.
I would just wait and book online Monday morning.

Oh if I was saving $500 I would have a different feeling.....but I only save $60.....with Gas, food and possibly a nights stay on one end or the other would eat that up.....but $500 would be a no brainier. Are you close to Bangor?

Noticed the dates too. :) we're going 9/27-10/5 and also staying at Pop. Have accessible King room now and hoping can modify for the upgraded FD promo.
And yeah when you factor in extras the savings goes down but we plan to drive through and then take a nap when we get the room.

I am feeling really sad now. I have been planning for so long for my family. My husband had to schedule his days off a year in advance, and we went by the history of free dining thinking we would get it for the days of 11/12-11/19. Now, it doesn't look like we will get that or a room discount. I feel like crying. My kids are already excited. They have already picked restaurants. My daughter has already scanned all of the rides to see which ones her doctor will allow her on, and now, I don't know if I can make it happen. I really just want to cry.

Check out offsite! It would be better than not going at all. Vacation central florida has 3 bed 2 bath condos at Windsor Hills (very close to DW) for $619.24 total for that week!

Noticed the dates too. :) we're going 9/27-10/5 and also staying at Pop. Have accessible King room now and hoping can modify for the upgraded FD promo.
And yeah when you factor in extras the savings goes down but we plan to drive through and then take a nap when we get the room.
Maybe we will see you there

I am feeling really sad now. I have been planning for so long for my family. My husband had to schedule his days off a year in advance, and we went by the history of free dining thinking we would get it for the days of 11/12-11/19. Now, it doesn't look like we will get that or a room discount. I feel like crying. My kids are already excited. They have already picked restaurants. My daughter has already scanned all of the rides to see which ones her doctor will allow her on, and now, I don't know if I can make it happen. I really just want to cry.

We are also going the 11/12 - 11/19. If the FD start date is 11/15 we will probably do a split stay. 11/12 - 11/15 at Pop Century then move to CBR for FD 11/15 - 11/19. We will probably look into having few groceries delivered from www.gardengrocer.com for the first few days. It's a slight modification but the majority of the trip still gets FD. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Hi Tina! Don't cry, you have plenty of options and lots of people that want to help you! Maybe this is how we can keep busy this weekend while everybody waits for FD to start, lol. I saw that previous respondents mentioned either going offsite or doing a split stay. Why not both? Offsite for the first few days, then move onsite when FD starts? You can save some money on the first few days versus paying full price at a Disney resort, you might have a kitchen where you could prepare meals to save on dining, and then when you move to a Disney resort on the 15th you would be finishing your trip on a high note! You could even stay at one of the "offsite" hotels that is actually onsite, like the Disney Springs hotels. That way it'd be easy to get to and from the parks.

Don't give up hope! You can make this happen! pixiedust:

They will likely release more room discounts at a later date, don't despair!

I'm sure we started just as early last year hoping for free dining. Got to have something to do over the winter. I will watch for November 2016 but the week I want will not likely be included. Hoping to go Nov 4-12. Maybe we'll see a pin code. Fingers crossed!:surfweb:
What is a pin code?

Also remember that you will not be able to do FP+ for that first part, because you don't have tickets tied to it.

Yes, you won't be able to make the 60 day FP for the first couple days if you have a room only, but as soon as you activate them you can make the ones for those two days. You can plan to be at the park early to activate your tickets anyway, so you go do any rides at RD that you might not be able to FP at that pt. (like 7DMT), or do those with FP you have booked for later in the week.

Hi Tina! Don't cry, you have plenty of options and lots of people that want to help you! Maybe this is how we can keep busy this weekend while everybody waits for FD to start, lol. I saw that previous respondents mentioned either going offsite or doing a split stay. Why not both? Offsite for the first few days, then move onsite when FD starts? You can save some money on the first few days versus paying full price at a Disney resort, you might have a kitchen where you could prepare meals to save on dining, and then when you move to a Disney resort on the 15th you would be finishing your trip on a high note! You could even stay at one of the "offsite" hotels that is actually onsite, like the Disney Springs hotels. That way it'd be easy to get to and from the parks.

Don't give up hope! You can make this happen! pixiedust:

----- Another thing that you can do, I have seen people do often! They buy lunch meat, bread, chips and fruit. They pack lunches/dinners and take to the park. Put it in a locker and eat it at the park. I see so many people do that. It saves LOTS of money if you cannot get free dining. Make a trip to the grocery store before checking in. Don't forget the baggies to put the food in! Don't give up. They also take bottled water with them to the park and refill at the water fountains. You can ask for water at the parks also, and they will give you cups of water for free. New dates for discounts and free dining are released all the time.

Will that drop on Monday also?
Yes, according to the Air Canada website that will be available to start booking on Monday as well, here is the info they provide when clicking on All Star Music......

Save up to 25% off your hotel stay
Save up to 25% off your hotel stay!
  • Valid for travel August 26 – November 5, 2016
  • Book Between April 25, 2016 and August 31, 2016
Restrictions
  • Minimum 2, maximum 14 night stay
  • This offer can be booked as ‘Room Only’
  • This offer can also be booked as a ‘Magic Your Way”
  • This offer can also be booked as a ‘Room and Dine Only Package’ (no ticket required)
  • The Disney Dining Plan, Quick Service Dining plan and Deluxe Dining Plan may be added at regular rates
  • Discounted offer room rates are not applicable to any nights after November 5, 2016
  • The room rate discount is a tiered discount which varies by resort and room type
  • Magic Your Way Tickets are not discounted
  • To be eligible to receive this offer, please select the room only offer category
NOTE for each hotel: The “Special Offer” is not applicable to 3-bedroom villas, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows (Category MV), Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Room (Room Type VA) Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter is at regular net rates form August 1 - 25, 2016

Are promotions usually the same for Canada as US? Do they usually begin on the same day?
Yes, they usually begin on the same day. But the Air Canada website mentions needing three day tickets for FD, instead of two day tickets. I'm not sure if that is just part of the Air Canada promotion or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter