2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So looks like we are out for Free Dining :worried:, our range of dates were 5 Nts between 10/22 to 11/12 and so that is not going to happen. That's ok we've gotten it for 5 years now and have booked a pretty good deal with the exclusive through the same unmentioned agency others have (thank you to those who shared that info!). So while I not be sharing in the madness Monday I will share a few things to expect for anybody that might have missed it if it has been in a previous posts.

- Don't wait until the phones open at 7am. With them doing the release the same as last year it is going to be insane and even if you luck out in getting an open line on that first try at 7am (many will be getting busy signals from the start and that will continue all day) you will still probably sit on hold for hours before you get an agent. It was absolutely crazy last year and nothing leads me to believe that It will be any different. The last time I had to call in to book mine on the day of release (2013) I recall waiting for well over an hour on hold and that was when they were only releasing the last half of the fall (they had already released September previously). SO, the phones will be crazy.

- If you do have to call make sure you have figured out in advance the most expedient way to get through the prompts, there was a suggestion that was posted way earlier in this thread. I've not tried it so don't know if it is better. What I've tried using is as soon as It answers and starts playing the recorded greeting hit # so it goes to asking what it can do for you, then say "New Resort Reservation", and then without waiting to listen to the prompts hit ## (which bypasses all the other questions), and then 2# (No for Florida resident). That may not be the best, but it seemed to be pretty quick.

- The offer could drop anytime after Midnight up until 5 or 6 in the morning, so KEEP checking periodically. In 2014, it became available around 12:30am and in 2015 it became available around 4:30am. Don't rely on the DIS during the 3-5am range to let you know because it goes down at some point during that period. You want to check the special offers page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

- If last year is any indication, plan that by about 6am the website will start crashing and you will no longer be able to make reservations through the website and will be forced to call in. Maybe they've upgraded in the last year and maybe they haven't. Maybe you will get lucky and it will work for a few minutes, but the vast majority of the time after 6am folks were not having any luck with the website. I got real lucky last year, after staying up until 1am and it still not having dropped I went to sleep and figured I'd get up an hour before phones open and check again. Well I got on around 5:45 and right after I got something close to what I wanted booked and then started just checking to see any other options the website started going wacky.

- If you can't get exactly what you want then book something close and then just keep checking over the next several days/weeks. Last year, even at 5:45am there were NO Standard rooms left at CBR for our dates (10/30-11/4) which for October dates was considered a relatively slow period. So we booked a Pirate Room because that was ALL that CBR had (No preferred, no water view, etc...) and there was NOTHING at CSR. A few days later suddenly there were Standards available at CBR and so we were able to switch and even add an extra night to stay through 11/5. That's not to say it will definitely be that way this year, but don't lose hope if you don't get exactly what you want Monday. Remember as long as you get something that works you are still going to Disney!!!!

Good Luck to All!

So looks like we are out for Free Dining :worried:, our range of dates were 5 Nts between 10/22 to 11/12 and so that is not going to happen. That's ok we've gotten it for 5 years now and have booked a pretty good deal with the exclusive through the same unmentioned agency others have (thank you to those who shared that info!). So while I not be sharing in the madness Monday I will share a few things to expect for anybody that might have missed it if it has been in a previous posts.

- Don't wait until the phones open at 7am. With them doing the release the same as last year it is going to be insane and even if you luck out in getting an open line on that first try at 7am (many will be getting busy signals from the start and that will continue all day) you will still probably sit on hold for hours before you get an agent. It was absolutely crazy last year and nothing leads me to believe that It will be any different. The last time I had to call in to book mine on the day of release (2013) I recall waiting for well over an hour on hold and that was when they were only releasing the last half of the fall (they had already released September previously). SO, the phones will be crazy.

- If you do have to call make sure you have figured out in advance the most expedient way to get through the prompts, there was a suggestion that was posted way earlier in this thread. I've not tried it so don't know if it is better. What I've tried using is as soon as It answers and starts playing the recorded greeting hit # so it goes to asking what it can do for you, then say "New Resort Reservation", and then without waiting to listen to the prompts hit ## (which bypasses all the other questions), and then 2# (No for Florida resident). That may not be the best, but it seemed to be pretty quick.

- The offer could drop anytime after Midnight up until 5 or 6 in the morning, so KEEP checking periodically. In 2014, it became available around 12:30am and in 2015 it became available around 4:30am. Don't rely on the DIS during the 3-5am range to let you know because it goes down at some point during that period. You want to check the special offers page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

- If last year is any indication, plan that by about 6am the website will start crashing and you will no longer be able to make reservations through the website and will be forced to call in. Maybe they've upgraded in the last year and maybe they haven't. Maybe you will get lucky and it will work for a few minutes, but the vast majority of the time after 6am folks were not having any luck with the website. I got real lucky last year, after staying up until 1am and it still not having dropped I went to sleep and figured I'd get up an hour before phones open and check again. Well I got on around 5:45 and right after I got something close to what I wanted booked and then started just checking to see any other options the website started going wacky.

- If you can't get exactly what you want then book something close and then just keep checking over the next several days/weeks. Last year, even at 5:45am there were NO Standard rooms left at CBR for our dates (10/30-11/4) which for October dates was considered a relatively slow period. So we booked a Pirate Room because that was ALL that CBR had (No preferred, no water view, etc...) and there was NOTHING at CSR. A few days later suddenly there were Standards available at CBR and so we were able to switch and even add an extra night to stay through 11/5. That's not to say it will definitely be that way this year, but don't lose hope if you don't get exactly what you want Monday. Remember as long as you get something that works you are still going to Disney!!!!

Good Luck to All!
Great info.!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2
You should post this on the new thread as well.
Sorry the FD dates don't work for you, but It sounds like you've got a great deal, regardless. Enjoy! :)

I've never been to that site--it's really awesome. I might end up being broke though, lol.

Just a recommendation, if you see a shirt you love buy it! They are only sold for a limited time. I learned the hard way. There was a shirt I loved but didn't buy because I'm too cheap. Then when I decided I was going to buy it it was gone. I obsessed over it for months and it finally became available again.

Good Luck to All!
Thanks so much! This is what I needed. I read every sentence slowly. Going to jot down notes in my hard-copy WDW planning notebook. I've never experienced any real trouble getting FD in the past (maybe 20min hold) and always got what I wanted. So I'm a newbie to the type of chaos that was last year. I want to be prepared and have a plan. Your post helped a great deal in that effort!

Yes, according to the Air Canada website that will be available to start booking on Monday as well, here is the info they provide when clicking on All Star Music......

Save up to 25% off your hotel stay
Save up to 25% off your hotel stay!
  • Valid for travel August 26 – November 5, 2016
  • Book Between April 25, 2016 and August 31, 2016
Restrictions
  • Minimum 2, maximum 14 night stay
  • This offer can be booked as ‘Room Only’
  • This offer can also be booked as a ‘Magic Your Way”
  • This offer can also be booked as a ‘Room and Dine Only Package’ (no ticket required)
  • The Disney Dining Plan, Quick Service Dining plan and Deluxe Dining Plan may be added at regular rates
  • Discounted offer room rates are not applicable to any nights after November 5, 2016
  • The room rate discount is a tiered discount which varies by resort and room type
  • Magic Your Way Tickets are not discounted
  • To be eligible to receive this offer, please select the room only offer category
NOTE for each hotel: The “Special Offer” is not applicable to 3-bedroom villas, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows (Category MV), Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Room (Room Type VA) Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter is at regular net rates form August 1 - 25, 2016

Hoooooray!!!!! this means I am getting a room discount!!!!!! Nothing about Pass holder discount which usually is higher than GP room only discounts!!! Just hope it is better than the discount Disney offered us for my Daughters Wedding.

Good Luck to All!
What is the exclusive offer that you were able to receive?

Good Luck to All!
Really helpful- thank you ❤️

I have finally caught up and read every single page :faint:
Now before I head over to the new thread I am going to post a question here. We are going regardless, taking my sweet mama on her first Disney trip and she is 82! There are 5 of us and we have been booked at CBR for several months. Our dates are 9/27-10/3 so I know we fall into the FD window BUT after reading through this thread, I decided I would go on line now to look at the availability of rooms. For my dates there is no rooms at all available at CBR or POR. I am wondering if it is showing no availability, does that automatically mean no rooms availabile for FD either??
I will post this on the new thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter