2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you just modify?

So strangely enough, I just logged onto my Disney experience and they took away my ability to make modifications online. It gave me the option yesterday, and today it says that I must call to modify reservations. I wonder if this is their way to control how much free dining is released...:(

So strangely enough, I just logged onto my Disney experience and they took away my ability to make modifications online. It gave me the option yesterday, and today it says that I must call to modify reservations. I wonder if this is their way to control how much free dining is released...:(

The system is very glitchy these days. Try refreshing or just try again later. These things seem to come and go.

I have a reservation for September at the pop century. I booked 6 days without water fun parks option. I want to change the reservation online to add the free dining plan and avoid the phone. Do I have to add first the water fun option and confirm it to qualify? Then add the free dining plan? or should I change the reservation, adding the water fun option and the free dining plan at the same time?
Thank you!

Oh no! I hope it CEOs
Back for you before Monday!

So looks like we are out for Free Dining :worried:, our range of dates were 5 Nts between 10/22 to 11/12 and so that is not going to happen. That's ok we've gotten it for 5 years now and have booked a pretty good deal with the exclusive through the same unmentioned agency others have (thank you to those who shared that info!). So while I not be sharing in the madness Monday I will share a few things to expect for anybody that might have missed it if it has been in a previous posts.

- Don't wait until the phones open at 7am. With them doing the release the same as last year it is going to be insane and even if you luck out in getting an open line on that first try at 7am (many will be getting busy signals from the start and that will continue all day) you will still probably sit on hold for hours before you get an agent. It was absolutely crazy last year and nothing leads me to believe that It will be any different. The last time I had to call in to book mine on the day of release (2013) I recall waiting for well over an hour on hold and that was when they were only releasing the last half of the fall (they had already released September previously). SO, the phones will be crazy.

- If you do have to call make sure you have figured out in advance the most expedient way to get through the prompts, there was a suggestion that was posted way earlier in this thread. I've not tried it so don't know if it is better. What I've tried using is as soon as It answers and starts playing the recorded greeting hit # so it goes to asking what it can do for you, then say "New Resort Reservation", and then without waiting to listen to the prompts hit ## (which bypasses all the other questions), and then 2# (No for Florida resident). That may not be the best, but it seemed to be pretty quick.

- The offer could drop anytime after Midnight up until 5 or 6 in the morning, so KEEP checking periodically. In 2014, it became available around 12:30am and in 2015 it became available around 4:30am. Don't rely on the DIS during the 3-5am range to let you know because it goes down at some point during that period. You want to check the special offers page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

- If last year is any indication, plan that by about 6am the website will start crashing and you will no longer be able to make reservations through the website and will be forced to call in. Maybe they've upgraded in the last year and maybe they haven't. Maybe you will get lucky and it will work for a few minutes, but the vast majority of the time after 6am folks were not having any luck with the website. I got real lucky last year, after staying up until 1am and it still not having dropped I went to sleep and figured I'd get up an hour before phones open and check again. Well I got on around 5:45 and right after I got something close to what I wanted booked and then started just checking to see any other options the website started going wacky.

- If you can't get exactly what you want then book something close and then just keep checking over the next several days/weeks. Last year, even at 5:45am there were NO Standard rooms left at CBR for our dates (10/30-11/4) which for October dates was considered a relatively slow period. So we booked a Pirate Room because that was ALL that CBR had (No preferred, no water view, etc...) and there was NOTHING at CSR. A few days later suddenly there were Standards available at CBR and so we were able to switch and even add an extra night to stay through 11/5. That's not to say it will definitely be that way this year, but don't lose hope if you don't get exactly what you want Monday. Remember as long as you get something that works you are still going to Disney!!!!

Good Luck to All!
Lots of good information. I had no idea that the offer would show up before 7:00 am. Sounds like a long night is ahead!

My TA will be modifying a current reservation tomorrow, but I think I'm going to try my self. Does anyone else have a reservation with a TA but will be trying tomorrow?

Also, do they only have a certain amount of rooms for the RO discount like FD, or if you have a reservation already, are you going to get the RO discount?

So I just got off the phone with a WDW cast member and I am not sure if things have changed from the past, or if she has no idea what she is talking about. If the free dining promotion is released with the end date of the August/Oct period ending on October 1st. If I currently have a reservation made from 9/30-10/14- wouldn't I be eligible for the entire stay of free dining since we would be checking in on the 9/30 date? She told me that only the 9/30 and 10/1 would be eligible and the rest of the stay wouldn't be covered. This is definitely different from terms in the past. We are probably going to reduce our stay to 9/30-10/11, but I am afraid to make any date changes until we know what promotions will be released. She also told me that doing modifications online will most likely be unsuccessful and I would have to call... thoughts? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter