2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disney Food Blog has new info posted on activities in the Festival Center including the junior kitchen, coffee demos, and Ghiardelli is back!

Suggest copying/pasting link into new window as some links seem to be getting redirected lately.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...es-for-the-2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Reading through it they said they "expect to see it again this year" in regards to Ghirardelli. I wouldn't assume anything based on that.

I have left over Disney gift cards so I think my family and I are going to attend the food and wine fest this year!

I moved around our schedule a bit so now hubby and I are attending the French Family Meal Traditions on Oct 7th. We've never done this one and thinking we will actually go to France later in 2019. I'm excited!
We will see you there!

I've never had to book a dining package to get in to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I'll probably go to several of their sets and I am sure I won't need a dining package.

I'm guessing there will be wristbands for annual passholders. But maybe not. and I can usually get a better seat than those set aside for the passholders.

ive been nervous about this. im going for everclear and maybe smashmouth..it sounds like only boyz II men have been crazy crowded. id like to see 2 maybe all 3 sets of those bands. i havent done the dining packages because honestly i want to sit closer than it sounds like they seat you at :)

So they sell little ones, which I like as a souvenir, but they're not actually practical. You can fit a drink and maybe 2 food items on it, but you still have to set it down to eat anything that requires cutting or a fork. While I think they're cute I don't bother buying them or bringing mine in any more. What would help is more standing tables!

i keep thinking about getting one of these, but the idea of lugging it around is discouraging. i wish it would fold up! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IE1XQ6...olid=2G9D5GF45QY4S&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

i keep thinking about getting one of these, but the idea of lugging it around is discouraging. i wish it would fold up! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IE1XQ6...olid=2G9D5GF45QY4S&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Yeah, that's kind of what the ones they sell look like, and I'll be honest & say it ends up just sitting in my backpack most of the time. It's too small to do something like load it up with food from 5 different booths & then go find your friends and a place to sit, and you can't easily eat off it while carrying it.

ive been nervous about this. im going for everclear and maybe smashmouth..it sounds like only boyz II men have been crazy crowded. id like to see 2 maybe all 3 sets of those bands. i havent done the dining packages because honestly i want to sit closer than it sounds like they seat you at :)
My opinion...you are probably fine w/o a dining Package for Everclear and Smashmouth. The only bands I’ve heard of that draw heavy crowds is Hanson and Boys II Men. I was a part of the mass crowds for BBVD; therefore,

My preference...For BBVD, I’d rather my line waiting be in a cool, comfortable restaurant I was already going to eat at, eating the meal I was going to order anyway, at the same cost I was going to pay regardless for the guaranteed reserved seat, even if it’s not the closest spot.

Caveat...1) Spice Road Table is the only place I can make the package price=meal price I will buy anyway and we want to eat at Spice Road Table;
2) I am satisfied with the seat location of the reserved ETTB dining package seating.

yeah, i'm worried about the sampler tabs too- i always end up getting my moneys worth...
:drinking1
I just got off the phone with a cast member and she said it has been announced that they will not be selling sampler tabs to use at this year's food and wine festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter