2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

So it did come FedEx and not FedEx SmartPost (via USPS)?

Yes, mine was delivered by FedEx even though it has a SmartPost label. In the tracking details, once it arrived in my city it says “Delivery scheduled via FedEx Home Delivery, not US Postal Service”. So it may come either way.

Yes, mine was delivered by FedEx even though it has a SmartPost label. In the tracking details, once it arrived in my city it says “Delivery scheduled via FedEx Home Delivery, not US Postal Service”. So it may come either way.
Well, I signed up for FedEx InSight and nothing is showing inbound for me. runDisney did freeze my ship to address on their website several days ago, meaning I was no longer able to go in and edit it. I thought that might mean my medals were being shipped, but I guess not.

How did you get a tracking number?

No medals for me yet either, but my building also doesn't give me package notifications, so they might be in the package room for all I know (I'll ask tomorrow).
I'm super excited to see the medals whenever they come and I hope I love them as much as I love the pictures.
I had moments of regret in signing up for the series. I absolutely loved the Space Mountain medal, liked the Haunted Mansion medal, but didn't care much for the Mad Tea Party Medal. However, I decided that I loved the Haunted Mansion medal enough to just sign up for the entire series. Now that they've arrived, I found that the Mad Tea Party looks so much better in person. While my rankings are unchanged, I definitely think the pictures do not do the medals justice.

I had moments of regret in signing up for the series. I absolutely loved the Space Mountain medal, liked the Haunted Mansion medal, but didn't care much for the Mad Tea Party Medal. However, I decided that I loved the Haunted Mansion medal enough to just sign up for the entire series. Now that they've arrived, I found that the Mad Tea Party looks so much better in person. While my rankings are unchanged, I definitely think the pictures do not do the medals justice.

Now you've made me even more excited to get mine!!! I'm dying over here while everyone is getting theirs! Trying to hold off on running the last one until I have them!

I signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery so I thought I would get notice on when my medals were shipped. They just showed up today in my mailbox, but there were no packages scheduled to be delivered. Happy surprise I guess!
I am in Colorado, and last name is H. Not sure if those have anything to do with the order they were mailed out or not...

My medals arrived today (on a Sunday) and it says they are from USPS. I do wish Disney would pad inside the box, as nearly every medal I have ever received has a slightly crushed box.

Boo Hoo! Still waiting on my medals. Keeping my fingers crossed as our mail service is mediocre at best.
I hear that! I'm stressed out enough, the waiting game is a tough one. I wouldn't even be thinking about it if we got tracking info. I'm so nervous these won't arrive since they are the one's I want the most... :rotfl:

Last edited:
I have to say that the medals looks better than the pictures I saw online. TI honestly wasn't super thrilled when I first saw them and really only wanted the HM and bonus one. The Tea Cups and Space Mountain both have a 3D effect and the year on the Tea Cups is a tinted film that allows light to shine though the lanterns and gives it an illuminated effect. The Madame Leota one has plastic over the face to make it look like a crystal ball.

I’m signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager which sends me texts anytime a shipping label is created for my address.
Thank you for making me aware of FedEx Delivery Manager. I signed up for it so maybe I'll get a heads up next time!

Still no medals :(. I really wish they would email us a tracking number when the medals ship ... but that's probably too much effort for runDisney. Alas, I will keep checking. I usually get emails about SmartPost packages (packages from Amazon and delivered through USPS don't go into the package room in my building, we get emails and pick them up from lockers with a barcode), so hopefully I'll get an email when they're delivered.

I registered late in the day, so not sure if that makes a difference.

I don't have my medals yet but FedEx Delivery Manager tells me a label was created on 8/12 so... here's hoping they arrive soon! Excited to get them, I almost always like medals more in person and I liked these from the start.

FWIW, I signed up immediately right when registration opened, and my last name starts with A, so I don't think either of those things matter with whatever shipment system they have going on here, lol. Maybe location? I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Who knows!

I don't have my medals yet but FedEx Delivery Manager tells me a label was created on 8/12 so... here's hoping they arrive soon! Excited to get them, I almost always like medals more in person and I liked these from the start.

FWIW, I signed up immediately right when registration opened, and my last name starts with A, so I don't think either of those things matter with whatever shipment system they have going on here, lol. Maybe location? I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Who knows!
Still waiting on mine as well.

FedEx is saying the same thing for mine - label created on 8/12, estimated shipping date was 8/14, but status is currently pending. I'm in Wisconsin, so maybe location isn't a terrible guess? I'm so excited to get them though - everyone's pictures look amazing!!!

Same here. I see a label created on 8/12, but it looks like FedEx hasn't picked it up yet.

mUsT bE pATieNt....

I have to say that the medals looks better than the pictures I saw online. TI honestly wasn't super thrilled when I first saw them and really only wanted the HM and bonus one. The Tea Cups and Space Mountain both have a 3D effect and the year on the Tea Cups is a tinted film that allows light to shine though the lanterns and gives it an illuminated effect. The Madame Leota one has plastic over the face to make it look like a crystal ball.

Still waiting here, but your description is making me even more excited!!!

Same here. I see a label created on 8/12, but it looks like FedEx hasn't picked it up yet.

mUsT bE pATieNt....
Good point. I just signed up for the FedEx notifications and see nothing on my account. Hopefully that's because a label was created before my sign-up (I hope, I hope, I hope). Maybe I'll get a nod after the pick-up scan. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter