4 WDW Resorts to allow dogs

I thought yacht club was an odd choice...couldn't figure it out.

Yacht club is unique in one way...it didn't click till later. That should tell you something.
. . . . . . and one of the dog relief areas is by the quiet pool Jacuzzi, how nice! A little "extra" added to your view while you're relaxing in the whirlpool!

Only deluxe without DVC?

LIKE this - and it's one of the hidden values of DVC....

The question is always "IS IT IN THE CONTRACT?" NOT in the Contract? Legal problems could easily pop up :).
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

LIKE this - and it's one of the hidden values of DVC....

The question is always "IS IT IN THE CONTRACT?" NOT in the Contract? Legal problems could easily pop up :).
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

No...to be clear, legalese might very well be a problem.

But the issue is what DON'T they provide - or provide only the bare minimum of - at dvc.

That can be interpreted as a good AND bad thing.

Curious, does anyone know about how much a mattress would cost Disney? Replace carpeting? How many nights of dog fees to cover those inevitable costs.

Dogs don't tend to pee on furniture. I just raised a puppy last year who had 5 million accidents and none were on furniture. The floors on the other hand... I think housekeeping will be stocking up on Natures Miracle

Does anyone else think its hilarious in the guidance Rteets posted that it says "Dogs must be supervised at all times" ... but can be left alone for up t 7 hours. LOLOL. Talk about contradictory.
Well sure. You can't leave the dog alone because that's irresponsible but you have to be in the Parks for Disney to make real money! These kinds of conflicts are the epitome of why Disney resorts and dogs are the wrong mix.

Well sure. You can't leave the dog alone because that's irresponsible but you have to be in the Parks for Disney to make real money! These kinds of conflicts are the epitome of why Disney resorts and dogs are the wrong mix.
There is an argument to be made that you could replace the word "dogs" in the last sentence with a number of types of people. Yet they choose to go. And Disney provides them with a place to stay, whether those people mix well with Disney or not.

Ultimately, we all make decisions about what is best for us and our families, regardless of whether others agree with it (and I personally actually tend to agree that there are better places for dogs than theme park resorts).

But I think I'm glad that there is now an option for people who want to bring and stay with their dogs.

I like having options. Options are good.

There is an argument to be made that you could replace the word "dogs" in the last sentence with a number of types of people. Yet they choose to go. And Disney provides them with a place to stay, whether those people mix well with Disney or not.

Ultimately, we all make decisions about what is best for us and our families, regardless of whether others agree with it (and I personally actually tend to agree that there are better places for dogs than theme park resorts).

But I think I'm glad that there is now an option for people who want to bring and stay with their dogs.

If you replace dogs in the last sentence with people the whole thing makes no sense. Who brings a person to Disney and then locks them in a room for hours on end while they go to the Parks? Maybe coming back to take them to the bathroom and hoping they don't scream all day or run away when housekeeping opens the door because you forgot the Do Not Disturb tag? How does that make any sense? The point is the type of vacation Disney sells, long days away from the resort room, is not conducive to having a dog with you. I have no idea how to twist that to make it about people.

So if your dog is barking in the room and you’re at MK they call you after 30 minutes and you have to monorail/bus back to your room to make it stop? Um.

Do you declare your dog when you book? Or can you just show up with one?

The Do Not Disturb sign is funny. Hope people don’t forget.

Last edited:
Dogs don't tend to pee on furniture. I just raised a puppy last year who had 5 million accidents and none were on furniture. The floors on the other hand... I think housekeeping will be stocking up on Natures Miracle

Dogs like to mark their terriority on furniture. Our youngest dog when we got him even thou he just went outside as soon as he got in the house he marked his terriority on a chair. Only time that he went inside at our house that I know of. When we took him to my parents house the first time yep you guess it he had to mark his terriority.

If you replace dogs in the last sentence with people the whole thing makes no sense. Who brings a person to Disney and then locks them in a room for hours on end while they go to the Parks? Maybe coming back to take them to the bathroom and hoping they don't scream all day or run away when housekeeping opens the door because you forgot the Do Not Disturb tag? How does that make any sense? The point is the type of vacation Disney sells, long days away from the resort room, is not conducive to having a dog with you. I have no idea how to twist that to make it about people.

You missed the point. I'm not staying that people are dogs and dogs are people.

Simply saying that some would say there are many people who really aren't well suited to a Disney vacation, for a variety of reasons.

We can make personal judgments about whether those people or dogs belong there, but it is not up to anyone but them to make the decision to go.

If you don't think dogs and Disney mix, don't take your dog. But for people who think their dogs will do just fine, it is good that they can now make their own decision about what to do.

Live and let live.

I have a new job idea for Disney. They can make me Director of Unattended Dogs. They can add fine print to the dog paperwork stating that a dog left unattended for > 7 hours will cause a $50 fine. Then I can sit outside of unsuspecting guests' rooms and monitor when they leave and return. Sounds ridiculous...but also just as ridiculous as Disney coming up with the concept that unattended dogs are fine in rooms for 7 hours...why 7 hours? Why not 6, why not 8? This is such a strange idea to me, a Disney Vacation just isn't a place for a dog to me.

For 50-75 per night extra Disney better damn well deep clean the rooms, even better if the dog rooms are set aside.

Also 48 percent is crazy wrong lol..by your numbers 15 percent of 4 people is.... .6?

Ok I'm catching up on this thread, and I'm sure someone has mentioned this..... but I have to.....

If 15% of people are allergic to dogs, and you have 4 people in your family, the math for the probability is 15% per event x 4 events = 60% chance one of the people in your family is allergic to dogs.... I think the 48 % was to adjust for the 15% being the max percentage for allergies presented.

What?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter