5/12-5/26, 2007- LIVE from the first MED repo cruise! Now adding PICS! :)

Michelle!

Those of us on future Med cruises are SO thankful to you for posting live. We can live our trips through you. ....:hourglass

we will do the same on our trip so you can return in my memories, how's that? We are so looking forward to hearing EVERY juicy detail.... But... don't forget to take time to enjoy yourself as well. Posts after "Drink of the Day" Specials should be fun! :surfweb:

PS - Your writing is beautiful and funyy and witty... hey, we're an easy crowd to please!!! :flower3:

Thanks agian, Julie

Thanks so much Julie!
And thanks so much everyone for the well wishes! I am excited to meet all the great Disers that I have talked with over the last little while. There are alot of us on that thread that only joined the last 2-3 months or so.

Well here we are at the Country Inn and suites at almost 1:00 am. Before you gasp in horror, you have to realize, that:

1. I am WAY too hyped up and excited to sleep...I have plenty of time to relax on the boat right? :rolleyes1

2. We are used to being 2 hours behind eastern time....

3. Our son slept almost the entire leg from Denver to Orlando :rolleyes:

4. Our flight was a little late (9:30 pm), and by the time we got our bags, got our car, and traveled to Port Canaveral, it was 10:30 pm. We checked in (the staff was very friendly) and had to make a walmart stop to get Dr Pepper and a case of water.

OK quick update:
Our flight in Denver looked like it was getting off to a great start and then suddenly pulled off of the runway. I told DH, I should have known it would not go so easily. LOL
The runway was so hot, it fried the breaks and overheated and engine? WHAT? That was one I NEVER heard before....:rolleyes: :headache:
So we had to sit and wait about 20 - 30 minutes for it to cool back down.

BUT looking back, I am really commenting about something SO miniscule. Our bags were arriving at the conveyor belt just as we were walking to it, all our bags made it ok, and we made it to Florida the night before, I did not care if we were a little late...Sometimes I get so uptight over tiny things. :rolleyes:

At Budget, there were only 1 to 2 people working at a time, and I waited for about 30 minutes for only a few people ahead of me! We all figured that since it was late, it would be obvious to have fewer people, but the wait did get old pretty fast.
BUT we did get upgraded from a fullsize to a full size SUV, so we were happy. There were not many cars in the lot, and must have ran out of full size.

***Since we have been in Orlando (about 5 monts ago), they said that there is a new policy where you have to bring your proof of insurance card with you to rent a car. I have no idea if he was telling that to make us rent supplemental insurance, but we did the liability only for $12 because we are worry warts, and did not have proof of insurance. He never said we could NOT rent a car, but made it seem that if we were pulled over, we would be in trouble for not having it. Maybe this was always the case, but they never asked about it before. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who does not know this changed recently. He said it happened about 5 months ago.

Country Inn and suites is a very nice place. I really like it! I will probably choose either here or the Residence Inn for future cruises. I love being close to port! :hyper: :hyper: (these smilies are so funny, I will probaby use them alot....)

DisneyCruise2007067.jpg

DisneyCruise2007068.jpg

DisneyCruise2007069.jpg

And yes, I will post pictures. I have a photobucket account all set up and ready to go. Since I was in the inside of airports and airplanes all day today, and arrived in black of night, I did not take too many, but those that I did of the hotel room, etc, I will post soon. Pics are the best part!! Especially tomorrow....talk about one of the biggest thrills of the trip, embarkation!!!!

Then the trip REALLY begins!!!!!!!!! :yay: :cheer2: :banana:

YAY Michelle!!! SO glad you decided to do this! This is gonna be one POPULAR thread! By the time I got your PM with the link there were two pages of posts!!!

I am so excited for you and excited for us to read your live trippie!!

dance013.gif
dance014.gif
dance015.gif

I can't wait for your pics!!

Have a fabulous cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be staying at Country Inn & Suites in October, can't wait to hear all about it!! Let me know how the breakfast is tomorrow!!

glad to hear you like the CI&S. We'll be staying there in April! I can feel your excitement! Thanks for sharing!

We'll be bringing the magic back home in Aug. I am loving the fact that you'll be sharing the voyage over. Thanks for all the effort, we can't wait to read about your adventures. Robin:cheer2: :cheer2:

Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE!!!

Now... are you sure you packed enough... I don't want you to go through withdrawal...

Of course if you had also packed a case of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia to go along with it!!! :yay:

Just remember...we're there with you in thought... and dreams... and lots of pixie dust!!!

Say Hi To Minnie for me!!!

I will be checking this everyday:surfweb: , we also are going to be bringing the MAGIC home in August and this will give us an idea of what is to come:cool1:

WOW lucky you. we hope you have a Magical time pixiedust: . Looking forward to reading your reports as it will add to the building excitement for our 18 July cruise.

Enjoying your reports. Which rent a car did this?

Thank you so much for sharing your report, will be looking daily for your reports.

Keep the Magic, warm for us. Have a great time

:banana:

Patricia

Have a great trip everyone. Look forward to the updates. :cool1:

Wine and Cheese meet at Scott and Lynn's was fantastic. What a great bunch going on this trip. It was great seeing everyone!

:wizard: :banana: :hippie: :cool1: :goodvibes :wizard:

Early Reports, have Cruisers, Returning rental cars and lining up at the Port....

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

With Shirley making last minute Touches to her Special Baskets!!! :)
Before, Norm Runs them over to the Ship :wizard:

With a few Photos to follow....

I'm getting so excited you'd think I was on the ship with you. :rotfl2: At least reading your "live" report is the next best thing:banana:

Can't wait to see pictures and to hear how they plan to entertain you on your trip across the Atlantic!

thanks again for posting.

Early Reports, have Cruisers, Returning rental cars and lining up at the Port....

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

With Shirley making last minute Touches to her Special Baskets!!! :)
Before, Norm Runs them over to the Ship :wizard:

With a few Photos to follow, If we ever get them!!!
Seems to be some problem on the other end!!!!

Seaulater left the airport with Adrienne this morning at 7:30am heading for the port. I think they were having a race with Scott for being first in line.

Ken

WOW, I feel like my vacation starts today with you guys!!! But I'm not leaving til July!!! :headache: I'm excited to hear live news from you guys. Have a GREAT trip!

Here are a few photo's
From the Port.....

e98cd0e1.jpg

e98cd0e0.jpg

e98cd0df.jpg

Seaulater and her husband Robert.. :woohoo:

Not First LOL

Front of the line!!

Have a great cruise. party: We will be watching you leave today on the webcam:sail:

Brett

Bob and Lee's flight is on time..we pick them up shortly to join everyone at the port!

I am guessing Scott is first in line, with his early morning departure time ..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter