5 adults in one room?

2princesses3princes

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, looking for any feedback on people who have done 5 adults in 1 room. It will be myself, husband, and 3 kids ages 21, 19,17 at time of trip. I am looking at the deluxe 2Q at either Hard Rock or Portofino. I am worried we are going to feel crowded in the room after a week together! we have been spoiled by doing only condo/house rentals on our previous family vacations so this will be a first for us.

thanks!

Hi everyone, looking for any feedback on people who have done 5 adults in 1 room. It will be myself, husband, and 3 kids ages 21, 19,17 at time of trip. I am looking at the deluxe 2Q at either Hard Rock or Portofino. I am worried we are going to feel crowded in the room after a week together! we have been spoiled by doing only condo/house rentals on our previous family vacations so this will be a first for us.

thanks!
Only you know your family, I know it would be difficult for ours. We did it when the kids were younger, like 16, 13, and 11. That was club level which at the time gave access to the fitness room which had showers (Now I think everyone gets free access). Once they hit adulthood we sprang for 2 rooms. I can't imagine 5 adults and one bathroom for a whole week!

that's what I am thinking, 5 adults in one room will get old fast. But the price of 2 is a bit staggering.
it would be cheaper for us to do a cheaper onsite hotel and spring for 2 days of express than to do 2 rooms at a premier.

we are planning August 20-27. I am assuming that EP's will be pretty beneficial at that time, am I correct on that?
we will have 5 park days, all 3 parks. We will also hit up Disney Springs and Kennedy Space Center. I looked at doing 5 days as USO and 2 off site but it was not enough of a price difference to make it worth it since I got a better percent off at USO for 7 nights vs 5

For late August I would do 2 rooms at Cabana Bay and then one “throw away” night at the deluxe that will hold five adults. That one night will get you two days worth of express.

Two days of express would give you plenty of time for riding all together and hitting up favorites. Then you have time to shop, see shows, City Walk, and using single rider lines.

I've thought about doing that as well. I would probably do Adventura over CB though. I like the theming better and we could do the kid suite/double queen room which gives a bit more space

Reactions: AJA
For late August I would do 2 rooms at Cabana Bay and then one “throw away” night at the deluxe that will hold five adults. That one night will get you two days worth of express.

Two days of express would give you plenty of time for riding all together and hitting up favorites. Then you have time to shop, see shows, City Walk, and using single rider lines.
I second this and I would suggest connecting suites at CB they are roomy have a sitting area and a kitchenette. Pool and theming is great there too.
Adventura has its advantages it’s usually a bit quieter and you can walk next door to SF and take the water taxi and use their pool-the one at Adventura isn’t great.
The deluxe rooms at PB are large but with 5 adults I personally could only do it for a night or two at most.

In September of 2021, we had 5 adults in a Portofino Bay Deluxe room, and it was fine. The 5 adults were me, my wife, my sister, her husband, and their 26 years old son. We had 2 queen beds for the couples, and a cot for my nephew which was next to the window. The deluxe rooms are big enough that we didn’t feel cramped. Because of EP, we didn’t use early entrance, so there wasn’t a big rush for the shower in the morning.

I think five adults at PB with a deluxe room is doable as well. The hardest part would be one bathroom but if you do Aventura that’s one bathroom as well and you’re giving up express which no matter what time of year is very nice to have. In Nov. I had myself, two 23 year olds and an 18 year old in a deluxe room and we had plenty of space. The 18 year old was on an air mattress by the window. Some showered at night and some in the morning and we didn’t all go to the parks at the same time so even the bathroom wasn’t an issue for us. There’s so much to do outside of the room (parks, pool, dining, etc) we were really just there to sleep and shower.

I appreciate all the feedback on this. We have a couple days coming up with the 5 of us in one hotel room so I will use that as a test to see if we can do a whole week! LOL

Throwaway room question- do all 5 of us need to be present to get the EP's at check in? or can I let the teens sleep in a bit while DH and I go do that?

I appreciate all the feedback on this. We have a couple days coming up with the 5 of us in one hotel room so I will use that as a test to see if we can do a whole week! LOL

Throwaway room question- do all 5 of us need to be present to get the EP's at check in? or can I let the teens sleep in a bit while DH and I go do that?

Pretty sure all adults need to be present. You have two kids that are over 18 so they will want their IDs. Not sure about the 17 year old.

Unless something has changed recently, you can check everyone in. The only ID requested is the person whose name the room is in. I have checked in by myself for everyone more than once, they gave me all the room keys.

Pretty sure all adults need to be present. You have two kids that are over 18 so they will want their IDs. Not sure about the 17 year old.

No, everyone doesn’t need to be present at check in.

The lead person registered can go and pick up the EP/room keys for all staying in the room. Each person registered will be issued with a room key with their name and length of stay printed on it.

@2princesses3princes let your kids sleep late if they like…….:thumbsup2

Unless something has changed recently, you can check everyone in. The only ID requested is the person whose name the room is in. I have checked in by myself for everyone more than once, they gave me all the room keys.
One person can check in for everyone
Also just an FYI the room price listed is for 2 people. Any additional adults are an extra $45 pp per night.

Well that makes a throw away room even more appealing! I thought I’d have to drag 3 teens to check in with me! 😂
And yes, I’ll make sure to put the right number of adults on the reservation to get the right cost.

It`ll still be worth it for you adding the kids that are adults I`m sure.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter