7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl::rotfl:

Embarrassing thing was I was looking at the opening times and telling everyone it opened at 10 am. If I had just scrolled down a little I would have seen the summer hours start at 8:30 am. Have heard and read good things about this museum. Planning on visiting here first thing in the morning and then going to Gamlastan for the Viking tour.

I pretty much know what I want to see in each port-just not sure in which order or how exactly is the best way to get around:confused3
I'll back you up and say the early opening time is not listed on the first page but on the Opening Times link that you have to click on. I would have said the same thing when giving the opening time.

Yup, they send you a voucher and you pick it up at the port.

Barb you did this right?

Was there a discount for waiting to purchase at the port, but a really long line if you did it that way?

Is the line for the people with a voucher much shorter?

We've never been to Oslo so I have no clue.
I'm hoping to have some firsthand info picked up for us this week. Had I known this person was going to Oslo this week I would have asked for him to pick up the Oslo cards for us while he's there. Hopefully he'll go back there before our cruise and I can have him pick up the cards for us to save some time.

That's exactly what a lady JUST said to me at work!

Good morning to all of us!

When I posted that, the sun had just come out here. It's the first time we've seen it since Sat. morning so I thought it was appropriate.
Very funny someone also said that to you. Must be the quote of the day. :sunny:

When I posted that, the sun had just come out here. It's the first time we've seen it since Sat. morning so I thought it was appropriate.
Very funny someone also said that to you. Must be the quote of the day. :sunny:

No sun up here quite yet! I do believe it is the quote of the day! My friend texted it to me also about 20 minutes ago! Very freaky!

Posted this on the wrong thread - I assumed we were on the new thread :)

We just got our vouchers for the Porters/Eye/Cruise stuff and now we have to call and get all of the times taken care of. We also got the London Pass purchased.

For 3 full days in London, how much should we get an oyster card for?

Posted this on the wrong thread - I assumed we were on the new thread :)

We just got our vouchers for the Porters/Eye/Cruise stuff and now we have to call and get all of the times taken care of. We also got the London Pass purchased.

For 3 full days in London, how much should we get an oyster card for?

Check out this site
http://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/english/ticket-types.htm

It allows you to purchase in advance (delivered to US) & explains difference. Bottom line is if you go with Oyster, you will pay no more than the cost of a daily travelcard (£7-20 peak or £5-60 off peak/day). So for 3 days you would need to load the Oyster with £22 if you are using tube and bus only

Celestine

I'm hoping that some local "Londoners" can help me out with a few suggestions. We are actually on the 6/24 Baltic cruise and arrive in London at 7:30 am on the 23rd and will have the entire day there in London to do some sightseeing. We are staying at the Renaissance Chancery Court in Holborn and will go directly there from the airport and "porter" our bags and then be free to roam about. We are planning on getting 2 london cabbies for our group of 7 to take us directly to Buckingham Palace to make sure we see the changing of the guards at 11:30. The kids definitely want the London cab ride and to see changing of the guards, so I think this is the best option to get those off the list. The question I have is what to do from there...Is there a place at Buckingham Place area to then pick up a HOHO bus to take us around the London sights? What are the suggestions? We will have 3 kids 14, 10, and 7 and a Grandma with arthritic knees, so walking is pretty much out for her... We are also going to have some time in London on the back end of the trip that we were thinking of doing Tower of London that day.

Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated as we want to make the most of our time. I have been to London, but it's been 10 years past now, so not sure on what are the best options.

I'm hoping that some local "Londoners" can help me out with a few suggestions. We are actually on the 6/24 Baltic cruise and arrive in London at 7:30 am on the 23rd and will have the entire day there in London to do some sightseeing. We are staying at the Renaissance Chancery Court in Holborn and will go directly there from the airport and "porter" our bags and then be free to roam about. We are planning on getting 2 London cabbies for our group of 7 to take us directly to Buckingham Palace to make sure we see the changing of the guards at 11:30. The kids definitely want the London cab ride and to see changing of the guards, so I think this is the best option to get those off the list. The question I have is what to do from there...Is there a place at Buckingham Place area to then pick up a HOHO bus to take us around the London sights? What are the suggestions? We will have 3 kids 14, 10, and 7 and a Grandma with arthritic knees, so walking is pretty much out for her... We are also going to have some time in London on the back end of the trip that we were thinking of doing Tower of London that day.

Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated as we want to make the most of our time. I have been to London, but it's been 10 years past now, so not sure on what are the best options.

Answered by PM.

For thoose with nice Birthday wishes today can I thank you all, very nice, thanks. I really do appreciate the warm wishes.

Julie was very nice and in touch today, I have wished her all the best, and sent everyone's best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

For anyone staying at Renaissance Chancery Court, been there twice this week,, if you can info on local area etc, PM me.

Answered by PM.

For thoose with nice Birthday wishes today can I thank you all, very nice, thanks. I really do appreciate the warm wishes.

Julie was very nice and in touch today, I have wished her all the best, and sent everyone's best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

For anyone staying at Renaissance Chancery Court, been there twice this week,, if you can info on local area etc, PM me.

Well Happy B-Day Andrew!:dance3:

Happy Birthday Andrew

coolest-birthday-cakes_4.jpg

Just left the Stockholm site. Tomorrow sun-up is 5:00 am and sunset is 8:30 pm. :)

The temp is expected to +5 degrees. Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter