8 Days of Disney Dining Reviews Jan. 2007 (PHOTOS)

I hope it was a fluke. I know that our server last January was much better (this year she was totally clueless & I would guess fairly new), as was our table location. In fact, last year that was the best character interaction we had of any of our character meals. I wouldn't rule this one out if you like the Poly & are Lilo & Stitch fans.

Loving your review!!!! The pictures you took of the different eating places were WONDERFUL! I love the little details of Disney!!! Thanks for posting!

The pic of the School bread made my mouth water! I will have to try France for lunch next time! Great job on the reviews.

I'm really enjoying your reviews! :thumbsup2 Disney is all about the details, IMHO, so it's nice to see some of the views, signs, etc. too. I'm hoping to do CP for breakfast (and noticed that the price has gone up a couple bucks per person since the menu date posted on Allears...ugh! :sad2: ) and maybe Prime Time--both would be a first for us, so it's nice to hear the positive reviews. We also love the Patisserie, but have only done the goodies...next trip it's gonna be lunch AND goodies, LOL! :goodvibes

Le Cellier. Our first time eating here—could it live up to the DisBoard hype??? YES!

January222007040.jpg

Wednesday was our “day off.” Our late breakfast (see ‘Ohana review), supposed to go play Miniature Golf & stay away from the parks. Well, it was a bit cool & a bit drizzly, so we didn’t fell like golf. & the MK was beckoning a monorail ride away from the Poly (I know the parking police are going to get me). So, we went over & rode a few things. We were still back at the Villa for lunch & an afternoon off like I’d planned. {This will have a point}

We had a 5:50 reservation. I thought that would be early enough that DS3 would remain relatively well behaved in this somewhat nice (but still we’re at Disney restaurant). I also thought that afternoon of rest would help. Not so much.

We checked in around 5:40ish. I had told them we were celebrating our 10th Anniversary when I made the ADR. Our actual anniversary is in May, but we are not able to get back to the World for it (though I have begged), and we honeymooned at Disney, so I wanted to do something to recognize the fact that we did & we were back (kiddos in tow). When we checked in they gave us Anniversary buttons. How nice!

We were seated pretty quickly, maybe 5 minute wait if that. We were taken to British Columbia. I liked that they gave you that little tidbit of information. DS7 is huge into trivial stuff like that.

January242007034.jpg

January242007036.jpg

We went ahead & put in an order for the kids. DS7 chose the hot dog with fries & cheese soup for appetizer (I was so happy that they offered this on the kids menu). DS3 chose—you’re not going to believe it—Pizza. I know, a stretch for him.

January242007038-1.jpg

I waited for DH to decide what he would like to try since I knew 6 months ago that I was having the LeCellier filet with the mushroom risotto. DH chose the Pork Tenderloin.

Our server was very good. She kept our drinks full & brought the kids food quickly. I also enjoyed the bread appetizer--mostly the pretzel breadsticks. i did not care for the whole wheat version.

I convinced DS7 that I needed to try his soup first, “to make sure it wasn’t too hot.” It was very good, but very rich. I am glad I got to taste it & take a few sips, but I could not eat a whole cup of it. DS loved it too, but couldn’t finish it off.

January242007037.jpg

DS 3 was having problems staying in his seat (note photo above). My only complaint or dislike about LeCellier is how packed in you are. We seemed to be just inches away from tables on all sides which made it difficult for even getting to the table.

DH & I also got our food quickly. I ate mine a little too quickly thinking I might need to remove DS3 so he didn’t disturb other diners.

My filet was cooked to perfect—medium well & melted in my mouth. The flavor was a wonderful combination—very juicy. I also enjoyed the mushroom risotto, but didn’t eat too much of it. It is also pretty rich.

DH proclaims that his pork tenderloin was very good also—he doesn’t elaborate a whole lot on his food.

Then—we got a surprise dessert! Yeah for our anniversary! A very delicious chocolate mousse. I thought it was great & I had not had too many chocolate treats this week, so it really hit the spot.

January242007039.jpg

We used our Disney Gift Cards here & this time our server had no problems.

Location: B (liked the interior, but nothing too special really, also marked down for tight seating)
Food: A+
Service: A
Overall Experience: A

Great reviews! I love that picture of your DS3 with the pizza at LeCellier. :)

Loving the reviews and all the photos. Sounds like we were at WDW around the same time last year since 50's was being refurbished while we were there. It's on our list of places to go this year.

I'm still wondering if we should go to Le Cellier. We've already planned on L'Originale Alfredo di Roma while at World Showcase, and I didn't really want to do two TS in the same place. But with everyone raving over it, maybe we'll make an exception.

Breakfast with the Playhouse Disney Gang!

I was so excited about this meal. We actually gave it to DS3 for his birthday (back in June). We made a certificate & everything. He talked about it all through the Fall. We’re going to have breakfast with Little Einsteins. Yes we are.

January252007032.jpg

The Play-N-Dine with Playhouse Disney is at Hollywood & Vine, a restaurant that to me had a very plain, very unimpressive interior.

January232007021-1.jpg

Our reservation was for 8:30. We had planned to walk over to MGM, but it was raining & a bit cool, so we drove. The park was deserted (sorry for the crooked photo, I had my camera up under all of my rain gear to keep it dry, but couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take the picture).

January252007002.jpg

We were seated immediately in the mostly empty restaurant. I don’t know if there were no-shows because of the weather, but it was really empty. They divide the restaurant into 2 sides & on our side there were 3 families including us. I think 1 more came in before we left.

The characters were great for my DS3—JoJo, Goliath, June & Leo. They made the rounds several times, but because there were so few children it seemed a bit unorganized. The Playhouse Disney hosts did the dance party portion, but I know it had to be a bit hard on them with so few children there. On our side there were 3 at the most participating. I think this would have been a lot more fun with a bigger crowd.

January252007011.jpg
January252007038.jpg

January252007024.jpg

The food was average. It wasn’t especially hot. Again, we had the Mickey waffles, bacon, & this time some triangular tater tot like hash browns. Those were a nice change. Eggs were also included on all of these buffets, but I don’t eat them so I tend to forget. It seems like there were some other bread options too. Like I said, nothing real impressive.

Our server was very nice & efficient. She had no problem doing our Disney Gift Cards. She even gave me a nice big drink in a take out cup to last me through the morning.

All in all, I’m glad we did it. DS3 had fun dancing with June & JoJo. Leo played around with DS7---but we got almost the same interaction at the character meet & greet (moved into the animation building because of rain) for free a few hours later. As I said, I think a larger crowd in the restaurant would’ve made for a better experience for the “play” part. The dine part, just average. We probably won’t go back to this one—just to try something different. But if you have preschoolers who love the Disney Channel I would recommend it just for the characters.

Location: A- (nice to be in MGM so early, easy to get to, clean)
Food: B
Service: A
Overall experience: B+

It looks like your sons are having a wonderful time with the characters at the Play and Dine, especially your 3 year old. It's nice to see those big smiles.

seems like we were one day off at all our meals--we ate at LeCellier on Tues (1/23) and the Play and Dine Bkfst on Friday (1/26)!! Enjoying your reviews!!! By the way, the Breakfast was empty when we were there too, maybe 5 or 6 families on each side.

Pizza Planet—Wahooo!

Betcha never would’ve guessed we would eat at a Pizza Place!

January252007184.jpg

Although I find most of the Table Service options at MGM intriguing, I find most of the Counter Service unappealing. Last January we ate at Pizza Planet & the place over by Star Tours (so uninspiring I don’t even know the name). We ate outside at Pizza Planet on a very pretty day & enjoyed it immensely.

This year it was still a bit cool outside & wet from the morning’s rain, so we ate inside. Upstairs. Hint to stroller-toting Mama’s trying to secure a table with two kids in tow while DH orders food—there is an elevator to the right as you enter the game room from the food service area.

We proceeded up on the egg-a-tor as DS3 calls it & found a table. I don’t like to take a table that is larger than our party size, but we had no choice. It was pretty crowded inside due to the less than wonderful weather outside. It was also loud. Do not come here to relax. I do like the theme of the restaurant & the way they executed it for Toy Story fans. This is where we sat, our view, etc.:

January252007177.jpg

January252007176.jpg

January252007181.jpg

January252007175.jpg

Cleanliness—they had staff working constantly cleaning off tables, but it still wasn’t wonderful. I wiped down our table with a wet one before eating.

The line was pretty long (we went later in the day since we’d had the buffet breakfast), & it took at least 15 minutes for DH to come up with the food.

We ordered 2 cheese & 1 pepperoni for the 4 of us. No drinks—brought those along. This is because 1) I’m cheap 2) DS’s only drink juice & this way they could have a variety 3) I can’t drink caffeine & I don’t like water. Perfect portions.

Exact same pizza as Pizzafari, & again we really like it. Nice & fresh. I guess these are made on the “pizza machine” that I saw featured on Food Network’s Unwrapped WDW special.

Location: B (very nice if you can sit outside, very loud inside)
Food: A
Service: A-/B+ (big crowd, they dealt with it well)
Overall: A-

Thanks for the reviews! We're taking our boys back in May, and we're doing the H&V breakfast for my DS3. One thing I've noticed, even if we don't think it's all wonderful, the boys usually do! We were at WDW 2/1-2/6, and H&V seemed pretty empty when we walked past it both times.

Great Pics and Reviews.. so sorry about the ohana experience... never did breakfast there but always get good experience for dinner...

I love reviews with photos! Keep them coming!!

We plan on eating at Kringla for the same reasons you did. Light meal plus sweets :thumbsup2

:offtopic:

Hiya MamaKate!!! Glad to see a familar nick and a familar siggie.... DS still collecting pins ?:hug:

Thanks for all of the comments--I'm pretty proud of those boys :goodvibes

Hopefully I can post a few more reviews tomorrow. Coming up:
Tony's Town Square for dinner
Electric Umbrella for lunch
Garden Grocer (since we ate quite a few meals in our villa)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter