9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Glad you got to have a little Disney in your day. I have the red Mickey bag. Cheap Disney bags, even when filled with Math papers or things to fill out for the office, can bring happiness into one's school day. :)

Hope party day is/was wonderful!

So when do you get your students? Do you have numbers yet?

I have twenty four students. Open house is tomorrow, nothing Tuesday and they come for the first day Wed.

Um, I am pretty sure you HAVE to TR your summer trip at the very least! ;)

We will see.

Great recap! It's amazing how each trip is VERY different isn't it? I think that will be the case until all children are grown adults...then we'll probably be taking their kids!

I agree with everyone-you gotta do a TR for your upcoming trip!

It is crazy how much the kids have changed over the past three years as I look at our pics... and it keeps going faster and faster.

Thank you for your final thoughts about your trip. Sometimes, that's when I learn the most about what/what not to do on our trips.
I've enjoyed seeing your children grow, between this trip and your last trip, but not in a creepy sorta way. ;) It'll be fun to see Luke start to enjoy your trips. Gotta love the DIS!!!
Hope your transition back to school goes smoothly and that you have nice kids in your class. (you are a teacher, right?) :rotfl:

I just hope this week goes smoothly. The first week is exhausting, and I wonder how it will be with Hannah going everyday too!

Hey!! I love the swim suits!!! TOO TOO cute! AND your bag!! Speaking of bags, mine is nothing glamorous!!! It is that $8.00 red plastic all purpose shopping bag, but it is the one with the "celebration theme" :) I have one from 2005 -- which I love, so I HAD to get another :rotfl: I will post a pic to close my TR!! Hope tomorrow's Bday is a success!!!! :thumbsup2

I think I know what bag you mean. I have it too and use it a ton for the pool.

I bet Emily was beside herself over that new Daisy bathing suit!

Love the red bag! Did they have the Halloween bags as well?

I wanted the Halloween bag... but decided I did not need it- although I am regretting it now.

She was excited. She wanted to wear it that night, but it is for next summer!

Great shopping finds!

I wish the Disney store was closer--- it is just not a quick trip.

Good stuff!!!!! I bet the girls were so excited about their new suits!

Yep... Hannah wanted something and walked out empty handed, so I am not sure what she was hoping to buy.

Thanks for the shopping pics! Love the new bag! Can't wait to see the kids in their new suits next summer in your (ahem) trip report.....;)

We will see... I just doubt it will be very exciting.

Glad you got to have a little Disney in your day. I have the red Mickey bag. Cheap Disney bags, even when filled with Math papers or things to fill out for the office, can bring happiness into one's school day. :)

Hope party day is/was wonderful!

It is holding the treat bags right now. The Halloween bags would have been perfect for distributing candy I realized last night. So now I am a bit sad I did not get one.

Cute suits and bag! I have an XS Mickey tiki suit which I love that I'm still waiting for Ian to grow into. Maybe next summer. Was Hannah looking for HSM clothes? Or other goodies?

Hope the party goes well.:goodvibes

Cute suits!! I do love the Disney store...it's the one store I MUST go in every time we get to the mall. We're lucky to have one so close, I know. DH and I are always scouting out bargains for the next trip. I have that Mickey bag as well - it worked well as a tutoring bag/lake bag this summer. ;) It's a multi-purpose thing. Do you think you could get the Halloween bag online? Sometimes you can find free shipping on different websites if you google "free shipping (name of store). It works with Kohl's, though I've never tried it with Disney. It'd be worth a try to save you the trip, though.

Good luck this week!! :flower3: Hope the party went well!

Cute suits and bag! I have an XS Mickey tiki suit which I love that I'm still waiting for Ian to grow into. Maybe next summer. Was Hannah looking for HSM clothes? Or other goodies?

Hope the party goes well.:goodvibes

She wanted HS stuff. Not sure what. Clothing they had, but it was very discrete HSM stuff, so she did not want it.

Cute suits!! I do love the Disney store...it's the one store I MUST go in every time we get to the mall. We're lucky to have one so close, I know. DH and I are always scouting out bargains for the next trip. I have that Mickey bag as well - it worked well as a tutoring bag/lake bag this summer. ;) It's a multi-purpose thing. Do you think you could get the Halloween bag online? Sometimes you can find free shipping on different websites if you google "free shipping (name of store). It works with Kohl's, though I've never tried it with Disney. It'd be worth a try to save you the trip, though.

Good luck this week!! :flower3: Hope the party went well!

I looked for the bag online. I don't need it, and could have my mother in law swing in and get one if I decide otherwise.

How was the party today?

The party was great. I am trying to organize pics to send out to family, finish the zillion school things for Wednesday and enjoy the last hours of freedom with the kids, and get Hannah on a better routine for school nights. All of which I am not accomplishing much. I will get the top ten done. I am not promising the next few days though... school is just wiping me out!

The party was great. I am trying to organize pics to send out to family, finish the zillion school things for Wednesday and enjoy the last hours of freedom with the kids, and get Hannah on a better routine for school nights. All of which I am not accomplishing much. I will get the top ten done. I am not promising the next few days though... school is just wiping me out!

I understand completely! It took me awhile to readjust to the school routine this year! Hang in there -- it will get less crazy! :hug:

TGIF! So glad that the first three days with students are over, along with the two professional days. Three full days was not easy for my mom, my kids or myself. I will post the top ten tomorrow and our 2010 trip plans.

TGIF! So glad that the first three days with students are over, along with the two professional days. Three full days was not easy for my mom, my kids or myself. I will post the top ten tomorrow and our 2010 trip plans.

Can't wait to read the top ten and all about your plans, but I'm going to go back to bed and get some sleep.....

The Top Ten from our 2009 Trip

Again in no particular order!

1) Empty Main Street and Breakfast at Crystal Palace

It was so nice to see Main Street pretty empty that morning, get our castle pictures before we were all sweaty and to have a yummy breakfast to top it off. I think the Crystal Palace is the most beautiful restaurant and really loved watching the masses scramble at Rope Drop while we relaxed and finished our breakfast.

2) Luke's kiss from Snow White

That was just too sweet. She was a fantastic Snow White, tons better than the one at EPCOT. He just loves the ladies, and the ladies love him.

3) Expedition Everest with Hannah. I still am in shock at how much she loved this ride. I wish we could have ridden it more! What a big girl she has become, and I hope we can get her on Space Mountain and ToT next trip.

4) Joining DVC

I never thought we would do it this summer (hoped to eventually) but we are excited to see what adventures lie ahead for us as Disney Vacation Club Members.

5) The Contemporary

We all fell in love with this resort and its location, room size and activities. The pool area was nice, and it should be even better soon. Jumping on the monorail was a treat and I hope we stay at BLT someday.

6) Luke's first ears

It was fun to make and even more fun to see him in them. I hope he loves Disney the way the girls do!

7) Emily's greeting of Ariel at CRT

Emily loves Ariel at Disney and her oh my oh my oh my reaction to seeing her in the blue dress headed to our table was pure sweet! And Ariel hearing her and saying it back to her was magic.

8) My parents seeing the girl's react first hand to WDW

I can still see the look on my parents faces as they watched the girls go crazy about the princesses at EPCOT on that first day. I am so fortunate they got to share this special trip with us and hope that they are here for lots more Disney trips.

9) New Attractions we experienced

Toy Story Mania, Finding Nemo the Musical, Jammin' Jungle Parade, American Idol all added so much to our trip! We love how each trip there are new things to do, and those three exceeded our expectations! Toy Story Mania actually is probably a top five ride of mine now... and I need to try that new game out --- hope my neighbors get it!

10) Breakfast at O' Hana's

It was such a great meal, it did not disappoint. It was a fun atmosphere and really set a great tone for the trip. I am glad we finally made it there!

That's an awesome Top Ten.
So many wonderful memories to treasure forever! :)

If you, wigd, or anybody else is there at the very end of June next year, we may get to meet up, because it looks like we'll be going sometime the last week of June and staying through about the 6th of July. CP says she's ditching Disney next year and doing something different, but I guess there's a chance she may change her mind.

That's an awesome Top Ten.
So many wonderful memories to treasure forever! :)
I agree, your top ten is marvelous! I love the fact that your parents were along to experience the magic with you!

If you, wigd, or anybody else is there at the very end of June next year, we may get to meet up, because it looks like we'll be going sometime the last week of June and staying through about the 6th of July. CP says she's ditching Disney next year and doing something different, but I guess there's a chance she may change her mind.
It would be the best birthday present ever for me if Marc would turn around and take me back for the 5th of July for my birthday. We did something like that in 2008, but went back later in July......

What great reflection on your trip. It just reminds us of what a great time you had with many firsts!
I have a question about DVC. So, as a member, you pay your $$ and then when you want to book your vacation, you don't have to pay for your room because you've already paid? Is that how it works?

Just read your whole TR and it was fabulous :)

Your girls have grown so much since your last trip and wow Luke looks so much like Emily, so cute :goodvibes

Congrats on your DVC purchase, I'm sure you will make good use of it and have many happy trips ahead of you :thumbsup2

Oh I noticed I have the same shorts as you, the brown ones you wore to 'Ohana, I bought them in America last year :rotfl:

Gee, you and me both Ma'am, I too am trying to wrap up my TR!!! Gotta get started on the new one!!! :rotfl: SOOOOO I will keep looking for yours and you keep looking for mine!! :) Glad to hear the party was a success and that the first week of the school year is going off well... :thumbsup2

Great top ten list, each was truly a magical memory. I am looking forward to your plans for next year. Your trips are a fun read.

Reading everyone's comments about starting back to school almost make me miss not teaching(I said almost).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter