• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

OMG, some of your rules are just good life rules. Seriously. I’ve always noticed people not washing their hands after using the bathroom and I just cannot believ how gross some people are. But in the middle of a pandemic...come on!

OMG, some of your rules are just good life rules. Seriously. I’ve always noticed people not washing their hands after using the bathroom and I just cannot believ how gross some people are. But in the middle of a pandemic...come on!
Seriously, Kelly! I saw so many women just walking out of the bathroom. It was disgusting. That, and people not wearing their masks properly. It's such an easy thing to do to keep yourself and others safe. Oh, and people not standing on the social distance markers. I was like excuse me, move back!!! LOL!

The Grand Floridian Cafe!

Joe and I slept in this morning and it felt so good. As you all know, we were out late the night before and then vlogged a bit after dinner, once we got back to our room.

We took our time getting ready and then hopped into the car. We didn't have far to go, just around the corner (sort of). We had breakfast reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

We parked the car, checked in with our mobile devices, and waited just a few minutes before we were seated. Joe and I have breakfast here a lot when we are in the Disney Bubble. In the probably 12 plus times we have been here, we've only had one bad experience and I'm chalking that up to our server having a bad day...This restaurant is consistently good and the prices really aren't that bad. And, they start you out with the best biscuits and a honey citrus butter. Seriously, this stuff is like crack and I can totally say I'm addicted. Yep! I have already made a reservation here for our September trip. Have you all noticed how incredibly cute the tile in the entryway is at the GF????

Anyway, we were served our delicious biscuits and I started with a cappuccino and Joe had a regular ole cup of coffee. Or, maybe he had the pressed pot...Either way, I did not take a pic of his beverage this morning. #foodpicfail For our entrees, I had the Fruit and Yogurt, fresh fruits, choice of yogurt, fig cake, and granola. Joe had the Grand Breakfast, Two eggs served with bacon, sausage, and cheesy hash brown casserole. We both enjoyed our meals a lot and then our server surprised me with MORE pixie dust. She brought me out the most adorable Mickey cupcake for my birthday.

We walked around the grounds a bit and took pics of the giant, blue fence and were soon on our way to our next destination, Hollywood Studios!!!

71991020-5A08-45F0-A444-2BC4FFBCFD69.jpegC32EB145-3059-45D9-84C8-0F89E8DEFE0A.jpegB4A16549-4AE5-490F-9C4C-552AD9769ABD.jpegD1F6BB59-B857-4639-A9F4-021C9D075EAA.jpegAA1FA2B4-E768-4C09-8B4D-787DA22E8F39.jpegE89B231D-E059-4F0F-A240-3DE52365D28C.jpegF96F6643-1264-46C0-8186-46C497800A65.jpegAE6024C7-B137-4547-AEBA-AD0E1F9B2E65.jpeg24F6C37E-448D-4A08-ABC9-140814B57A33.jpegCEF5CAAC-550B-493D-A9C5-42FCF136142E.jpeg

What a great trip report! Love your videos and those cats are the cutest! This is making me even more excited....~30 days!!

:welcome:

Aww! Thank you so much. It really was a great trip.
Those kittens are the best and we are grateful every day for them.
We have lots more vlogs to come. LOL!
Have an awesome trip! Yay!

Etiquette 2 Covid edition is spot on!
There are gross people pandemic or not, lol!
I think we will be trying GF cafe in January, sure hope we get to go!

Etiquette 2 Covid edition is spot on!
There are gross people pandemic or not, lol!
I think we will be trying GF cafe in January, sure hope we get to go!
Thank you, Caroline. Joe and I just don't get it...They are super easy rules to follow to keep safe.
We are going back to GFC for breakfast and dinner in September. LOL!

I’ve been lining up your videos for a Monday marathon watching session as the boys in my family takeover the downstairs of the house for work meetings and gaming. Can’t wait for the second etiquette video as the first one made me laugh so much 🤣. Truer words had never been spoken!!😂😂
GFC breakfast looks delicious and the tiles are really pretty too. Never been there so must rectify that someday,in the next century, whenever we get to leave the country/fly on a plane/enter the US 😔
You’re doing well in pixie dust and birthday treats! pixiedust:

I’ve been lining up your videos for a Monday marathon watching session as the boys in my family takeover the downstairs of the house for work meetings and gaming. Can’t wait for the second etiquette video as the first one made me laugh so much 🤣. Truer words had never been spoken!!😂😂
GFC breakfast looks delicious and the tiles are really pretty too. Never been there so must rectify that someday,in the next century, whenever we get to leave the country/fly on a plane/enter the US 😔
You’re doing well in pixie dust and birthday treats! pixiedust:
First, I think you will love the Etiquette vlog.
Second, GFC is one of our fav breakfast places and has sadly replaced Olivia's...We booked it again for September.
Finally, thank you again for all your lovely comments and views.

Did you have your own car on Test Track?
Did Joe find ice for his knee?
We did have our own car on TT, which was really nice.
No, Joe did not find ice for his knee, lol!

My biggest complaint are the people who stop walking without moving over followed by groups that spread out across the sidewalk so that we can’t get around them. This is a phenomenon that I also see in downtown Chicago. A group will spread out across the sidewalk if it isn’t crowded. And the group is usually walking slower than I am.

Loved your Covid rules vlog...it would be nice if you could make the rest of the USA apply those rules everywhere!!

I had the Fruit and Yogurt, fresh fruits, choice of yogurt, fig cake, and granola.

This looked really good!! I find fruit plates are often stingy...and this one even had the more expensive fruits...is it always like that?

My biggest complaint are the people who stop walking without moving over followed by groups that spread out across the sidewalk so that we can’t get around them. This is a phenomenon that I also see in downtown Chicago. A group will spread out across the sidewalk if it isn’t crowded. And the group is usually walking slower than I am.
OMG! Yes! This seems to happen all the time in Fantasyland.

Loved your Covid rules vlog...it would be nice if you could make the rest of the USA apply those rules everywhere!!
LOL! It's just surprising that people can't follow 3 simple rules: wash hands, social distance, wear the mask PROPERLY!!!!

This looked really good!! I find fruit plates are often stingy...and this one even had the more expensive fruits...is it always like that?
I'm not sure. This was the first time I ordered it at the GFC. I might order it in a few weeks so I'll let you know if it stays the same or they change it.

I am loving all your food (and beverage) reviews! :drinking1 We have our ADR 60 day mark coming up on 9-11, so I am excited to see your food pics to figure out where we will end up eating. It looks like if I want to see all the gingerbread houses in the various resorts, I will have to book ADR's at GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, and Whispering Canyon for sure. And I really want to try out Beaches and Cream. My hesitation for that place prior to Covid was the noise level (My husband is very hard of hearing). But it seems that with lower capacity, the noise level at all of the restaurants is much more tolerable right now!

I am loving all your food (and beverage) reviews! :drinking1 We have our ADR 60 day mark coming up on 9-11, so I am excited to see your food pics to figure out where we will end up eating. It looks like if I want to see all the gingerbread houses in the various resorts, I will have to book ADR's at GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, and Whispering Canyon for sure. And I really want to try out Beaches and Cream. My hesitation for that place prior to Covid was the noise level (My husband is very hard of hearing). But it seems that with lower capacity, the noise level at all of the restaurants is much more tolerable right now!
Hi Terri! We are actually eating at Beaches and Cream (just dessert) on September 20th so I'll let you know how it is. I agree it used to be extremely noisy!!! I have heard that Disney is raising capacity, not sure how true that is...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter