A Girl Can Dream can't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I even own a pair of flip flops :rotfl:

OMG!! How can you not own a pair of flip flops?? I thought that was illegal!! :rotfl2:

Okay Sara, here's my thoughts-

Wedding Dress- #2, love it!
Veil- what about a combo of the 2, love the simpleness of #1, 2 seems too much, but I like the ribbon border on the bottom of 2.
Bridesmaids Dress- #2, the long green one. B/c it could totally be altered after the wedding and bridesmaids could wear it wherever.

As for my wedding, I've never really thought that much about it. I know where- formal ceremony in St. Louis Church in New Orleans after a quiet/quick elopement to a drive thru in Vegas in a wicked sweet car. When- sometime in Winter. And it would be Black Tie. The dress would be a little similar to your #4, but a pouffier skirt and not as much bunching. Bridesmaids dresses would be black and cocktail but that's about as far as I've ever thought about it.

yeha i liek veil number one.. it might be tooo much blue.. matt was thinking of having like those scarfs that guys wear in the pocket of the tux in a lime green color.

Pwings, you can not see it in the picture but there is a lot of detail work embroidery and appliques on the front and back. When we put the red sash on it took away from all of the work on the dress. it still looked great but there is so much beauty with out it as well. I have a picture at home I can post later tonight to show you.

No I saw it full size, you sent me a link remember. I still disagree with the colors taking away from the detail, I think the detail work is very noticable.

See I like the color idea, I like to have sash on the dress like dress #2, but in navy blue BUT I don’t; want to be sooo much blue that when taking a photo with my BM’s that is just all blue..But I really like the long bow sash still, I won’t discount that idea. But I have what 4 or 5 dress choices? And umm we are discount the green one, ok cuase navy blue is the color! And as far as a tux goes, well there isn’t much choices, but I like the modern look tux with the pin stripes I posted before, and I still like it, its modern, but looks like a suit but not so traditional, I want to be able to separate apart from the normal wedding attire…i do want the Bestmen to have navy blue vests, i think i want the hubby to not have navy blue vest

So I got like 1 more dress I did not post, p-wings and jenn knew I had been looking at these dress’s. anyhow let’s switch gears now, let’s move on to VEILS!!!!!

So now I wonder, can a viel be attatched to a tiara? Or do you wear them sperate?

pwings two different shades of purple might be nice!

okay, for a veil you need to try it on with the dress. You have to see what it looks like. Again depending on the dress and the veil they can clash, unfortunatel I know all this. I also get paid to do this.

I would not wear it at all. The neckline does not do me justice at all. Besides that it is fine. Also fyi I ahve a huge tattoo on my calf.

You can't chose a veil until you have a dress picked out, it's just not possible. My BFF did a tiara with her veil, it looked very good with her dress. Her dress had a lot of detail also, tons of beading, pick ups in the skirts, flower appliques, she tried on a lot of veils before finding the right one, then we found her tiara and honestly, the veil/tiara combo was almost as much as her dress! lol

ok we can longer...

ok now this dress. but in navy blue.. matt said that he like to incoporate lime green somehow also.. i was just talking with him...lol

BRIDES MAID DRESS OPTION NUMBER 2:

This long chiffon and charmeuse combination dress is a flattering look for all body types. The high neck is a sophisticated look that pairs nicely with the length of the dress. Dress this up with bold jewelry.

ALSO..... hey who wants to wear flip flops with there dress? i do!!!! and i am thinking so will you girls...

I don't like this one so much, I don't like the neckline personally. I also don't like shorter, I like longer styles. :)

I would wear flip flops at the reception. :) I wore my dress heels during the ceremony (and the ground was wet and my heels kept sinking! lol) but after I took them off and wore flip flops, the bride and the rest of the bridal party did the same. :)

yeha i liek veil number one.. it might be tooo much blue.. matt was thinking of having like those scarfs that guys wear in the pocket of the tux in a lime green color.

Well I don't know that lime green and navy blue will match very well. I do like the idea of the guys having little handkerchiefs in their pockets in a lime green, and we ladies could all do toe nails in lime green OR we could have lime green flowers in our bouquets and the guys could have lime green boutonnieres but if we ladies are wearing navy blue and the guys have the lime green kerchiefs then they shouldn't wear any blue, they should be in all black with just the lime green accent. Does that make sense?

Oh do you love how I'm saying "we" and including myself in your wedding party? LOL

well dear you are in the wedding party..

ok well matt is in charge of the tux's and he was going off about lime green hankerchiefs and stuff today and how the guys can do navy blue shirts..?? but i said what about navy blue vests. he needs to stand out, sooo.. yeah very little lime green would be good, the main color is navy blue..

i asked him so navy blue and lime green are the colors now and he said sure. personaly i think if we tipped our toes in lime green, the guys can do the pocket kerchiefs lime green i guess. but for us ladies, a little lime green in the bougets is good, i like that idea so high five pwings ... i like the idea of the tipped toes in lime green. but the flip flops, see i dont want to wear heels...

and i wanted a dress that was long enough so you and kim and jenn could feel comfy, plus my friend elaine will also be a brides maid and i know she will want a long dress,and i dont care what you guys wear on ur feet as long as it matches close and you cant see it under ur dresses.

you gusy should post a photo of a bridesmaid dress you like and we can vote!

bridesmaid dress link

go to that link..see if there is not one you like! and post!

also pwings for you, on ur wedding, i think we should alternate, purple, light purple dressess for your bm's!

yes.. u need to show me what type of dress you'd like to wear

while ur at it.. i think you need to be more reasonable on your wedding dress missy!

These ladies are my brides maids:

Kim
Jenn
Kerri
My cousin Kristen
My cousin carrie
Shellymouse

My maid of honor:

My friend Elaine

wow.. WAIT....

WHAT ABOUT NAVY BLUE AND BRIGHT PINK..??? ANY TAKERS?

I WAS KIDDING

keeping to original plan of navy blue.

oh this fun.! thanks skiingfast for making this thread! and deciding that you want the men to wear a lime green kerchief in the tux pockets. i think that will look fabulous

I better be invited!!! :rotfl:

well.. we shall see. we are not even at a guest list yet..i still gotta narrow my dress down. matt needs to decide on the men's tux's.. and ur laughing, but for some reason i have a feeling matt is just loving reading all this planning....and u all may not be serious, but i am!

I loved my wedding and loved my dress, 1988 :)

712wedding.jpg

well dear you are in the wedding party..

ok well matt is in charge of the tux's and he was going off about lime green hankerchiefs and stuff today and how the guys can do navy blue shirts..?? but i said what about navy blue vests. he needs to stand out, sooo.. yeah very little lime green would be good, the main color is navy blue..

i asked him so navy blue and lime green are the colors now and he said sure. personaly i think if we tipped our toes in lime green, the guys can do the pocket kerchiefs lime green i guess. but for us ladies, a little lime green in the bougets is good, i like that idea so high five pwings ... i like the idea of the tipped toes in lime green. but the flip flops, see i dont want to wear heels...

and i wanted a dress that was long enough so you and kim and jenn could feel comfy, plus my friend elaine will also be a brides maid and i know she will want a long dress,and i dont care what you guys wear on ur feet as long as it matches close and you cant see it under ur dresses.

So maybe Matt can do a navy blue shirt with his suit and his groomsmen can do navy blue vests, that might work ok. :) With the hankies in the suit pockets and lime green flowers, yup, I think that just might work. :) Definitely would feel better in a long dress. :) :)

you gusy should post a photo of a bridesmaid dress you like and we can vote!

bridesmaid dress link

go to that link..see if there is not one you like! and post!

also pwings for you, on ur wedding, i think we should alternate, purple, light purple dressess for your bm's!

Ok so the ones I like from that link are these......
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Halter-with-Long-Satin-A-Line-Skirt-83571-83387_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Chiffon-Dress-with-Beaded-Empire-D19352_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-satin-A-line-with-Cascading-Back-81026_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
I like this one but it's strapless. :)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Empire-Ball-Gown-with-Chiffon-Halter-81441_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Satin-A-line-with-Pleated-Chiffon-Bodice-F13573_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
I like this one too, I didn't even notice this one the first time so it's an addition :)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-Jersey-Dress-with-Charmeuse-Straps-and-Waist-F13095_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
I like this one, it's very simple and elegant

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Soft-Crinkle-Chiffon-Halter-with-Draped-Cascade-F12688_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
I like this one quite a bit I guess because of the gathering on the side. :) It's very elegant as well.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Elegant-Satin-and-Chiffon-Ball-Gown-F14050_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
I would like this one, but I'm not a big fan of the flowers on the strap.....without the flowers I'd like it. :)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Ruched-Satin-Ball-Gown-F13974_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
This one is also very simple and elegant

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Spaghetti-Strap-Chiffon-Dress-with-Beaded-Waist-F12495_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
another one that's simple and elegant, this one has beading as well which is really pretty :)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Gown-with-Side-Drape-and-Brooch-8567_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
this one is pretty too, I like the side jewel detail. I actually tried this one on when we were shopping for our bridesmaids dresses for Carrie's wedding, it looked really good. :)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Ballgown-with-Side-Ruching-and-Beaded-Bodice-F11165_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses
this is the one I wore in my BFF's wedding last October, just wanted to post it because I like it a lot. :) :) It's not available in blue tho :) Actually it is available in blue, but it's discontinued that's why it's not shown on the main page. I have it in plum in my closet. :)

I loved my wedding and loved my dress, 1988 :)

712wedding.jpg

Judy that's an awesome photo!!!!! my oldest DD was born in 1988. :)

And it didn't show any of them...LOL I'll fix it later, I have to go get Cass from school. LOL

So maybe Matt can do a navy blue shirt with his suit and his groomsmen can do navy blue vests, that might work ok. With the hankies in the suit pockets and lime green flowers, yup, I think that just might work. Definitely would feel better in a long dress.

so like white vest, blue shirt for matt? and then reverse it for his entourage of men? is that what you were going for p-wings.....

i wanted to see your link and photos!!

so like white vest, blue shirt for matt? and then reverse it for his entourage of men? is that what you were going for p-wings.....

i wanted to see your link and photos!!

Yes, that's basically what I'm going for. They can also wear suit coats over the vests or they can just skip the coats all together. :) Working on the photos now.....LOL I'm going to edit my last post so check it again soon.

I think every bride deserves a tiara on thier wedding day. After all no matter what, that day they are a princess!

I agree Matt, they are a Princess that day at least. :) I was really surprised that Carrie did wear a tiara, she's much like me, very non girlie. LOL She did look beautiful that day and the tiara looked great with her dress. It was quite pricey tho, she wouldn't tell her Dad how much it was because she didn't want him to pay for it. lol Seriously, her veil and tiara were almost as much as her dress.....it was pretty insane. I'd have to get a tiara from Claire's or something. LOL

davids bridal has one for $40! an hey pwings. on the tux did you not see the tux post? the photo? we are doing the pin stripe modern look...right matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter