• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very merry (and pink) birthday trip report

I'm so excited to discover your trip report. The first post looks amazing and I can't wait to read more. Totally makes me want to go to Disneyland Paris! I love that French autograph book. So cool!

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed reading the rest of it. :flower3: DLP is amazing; so beautiful and full of magic. princess:pixiedust:

Hi you! It's been a while! I see you are planning WDW! We were planning either WDW or California for next year or year after with Uncle D but we needed some magic and I am still totally unsure about WDW! My dad is taking us all to Portugal next year so we have a bit more saving time until we decide what to do!

Yes, Rosebug was in her element- she has really needed it. And yes - she has grown a fair bit since starting her meds. More in 6 months than she had in a year! Still teeny though! LOL!

You're right - don't want to stay anywhere else now. Although I still love NPB and may have to try it again once it is refurbished! We did have a Christmas trip in mind for this year; but D can't get time off until 2 weeks before so it was too much of a risk to book. Maybe 2015, and we can go on his 4 days off.

How are you all?

Hi we are fine thank you - the girls are growing up so very, very quickly :eek:. Sorry to hear Rosebug is still having issues with her meds :sad2:. Hope they get it right soon and she isn't suffering too much.

We are super excited about Orlando - obviously for WDW but also for US/IoA as we are huge Harry Potter fans, and we are planning Discovery Cove too (but that will be a surprise ;)). Just need to save a silly amount of money as I really had no idea how expensive it was before I started planning properly and we've decided we want to stay onsite at Disney and US too, really just to be 'in the magic' but it comes at a price :rolleyes:!

Yes, staying at the DLH does spoil things re accom - it's just such a lovely hotel and the rooms are fab, and the location can't be beaten. Things like breakfast in view of the castle is amazing etc. I could go on! But having said that, if I were to go again, I would probably consider the Sequoia Lodge as it really looks lovely. It's somewhere I'd like to stay. But no more DLP trips for us for the forseeable! :scared:

Portugal sounds lovely. We went to Egypt (Red Sea) and Greece last year and the kids had a ball - really had a great time at both places and both hotels catered for children very well - Sensatori and then one of the Holiday Villages. I honestly don't think they missed Disney that much :lmao:.

Shame about this Christmas but I am sure you'll get there sometime. We loved it - there is something (even more) special about the Park at Christmas time :goodvibes. I would recommend it :thumbsup2.

That's fab!! I can just imagine your DD's face! Do you have a photo? We had a similar thing on our previous trip. Rosebug had been desperate to see Tiana but when we went in it was Belle (Belle had come back in and asked to see Rosebug as she had seen her standing at the exit in her Belle dress so that in itself was super magical!) and as we were leaving the CM rushed after us and told us to sit down and just wait a few minutes.Then she said this was a surprise for Rosebug and took us through and Tiana was there! princess: I love the magic unexpected moments at DLP! :goodvibes

It really was COMPLETE luck - she wasn't dressed as a princess or anything!

I'll have to find the pictures - our camera wasn't playing so we ended up getting ripped off buying the official pics, but they are beautiful!!

SOrry picture now removed! Was up here for a bit though! lol

C x

Hi we are fine thank you - the girls are growing up so very, very quickly :eek:. Sorry to hear Rosebug is still having issues with her meds :sad2:. Hope they get it right soon and she isn't suffering too much.

We are super excited about Orlando - obviously for WDW but also for US/IoA as we are huge Harry Potter fans, and we are planning Discovery Cove too (but that will be a surprise ;)). Just need to save a silly amount of money as I really had no idea how expensive it was before I started planning properly and we've decided we want to stay onsite at Disney and US too, really just to be 'in the magic' but it comes at a price :rolleyes:!

Yes, staying at the DLH does spoil things re accom - it's just such a lovely hotel and the rooms are fab, and the location can't be beaten. Things like breakfast in view of the castle is amazing etc. I could go on! But having said that, if I were to go again, I would probably consider the Sequoia Lodge as it really looks lovely. It's somewhere I'd like to stay. But no more DLP trips for us for the forseeable! :scared:

Portugal sounds lovely. We went to Egypt (Red Sea) and Greece last year and the kids had a ball - really had a great time at both places and both hotels catered for children very well - Sensatori and then one of the Holiday Villages. I honestly don't think they missed Disney that much :lmao:.

Shame about this Christmas but I am sure you'll get there sometime. We loved it - there is something (even more) special about the Park at Christmas time :goodvibes. I would recommend it :thumbsup2.

I think we are close to getting it right for her now - she is close to the dose that sent her over; so she can't need much more. Fingers crossed. I just want her to be settled; she has had such a rough few months!

Yeah - Florida is expensive. We priced up flying from Dublin (thought we'd have a few days there first) and staying in a villa through Disney. It wasn't as expensive as we thought going for 3 weeks; as the flights are so much cheaper from Dublin. But it is still ALOT. Discovery Cove is one of the reasons we are waiting til Rosebug is about 7 or 8, as they have to be 6 or 7 I think to swim with dolphins. Last summer we hired a big country house in Scotland with some friends; Rosebug says it was her best holiday ever. We were hoping to do it again this summer but 2 of the children we went with are being adopted very shortly (my best friends mum fosters) so not sure what our plans are now. I am thrilled they have found homes; but very sad that we won't see them again, they have been part of our "family" for years.

Send my love to your mum and stepdad. Haven't seen them in ages. xxx

It really was COMPLETE luck - she wasn't dressed as a princess or anything!

I'll have to find the pictures - our camera wasn't playing so we ended up getting ripped off buying the official pics, but they are beautiful!!

Lets see if this works.....

princess2a.jpg

Yikes, sorry, it's huge.

C x

Wow! What a beautiful photo! You can just see how happy she is to be with Aurora!

Thank you for sharing!
:flower3:

Your TR is lovely and your photos are amazing! Rosebug is such a cutie.
We have 3 boys and being at DLP is the only time I wish we had a little girl so I could visit the princesses and have a very expensive sit down in Auberge! ;) xx

I like the photo. I sometimes buy those too. Bought the ones with Mickey at his meet'n'greet and one in the hotel as it had all three of us in it.

Fantastic trip report :thumbsup2 Beautiful photos and so nice to see you all loved the DLH. It really is lovely :cloud9:

I agreed with your comments about the variety available at the buffet in Inventions. I found that the HNY buffet was much better, but the surroundings in DLH are really nice.

Love all the makeover pics too. Isn't great having a lo that really gets into the whole princess thing :)

Hope the meds sort out soon, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

I was certain I'd posted a comment after finishing reading but must not have. Thanks for sharing your wonderful PTR, TR and photographs. I showed it to my Mam yesterday and she thought your photos were fab too. Rosebug could pass for Anna's double in her Frozen dress :) I hope Rosebug's meds settle soon. Just have to add - I love your boots! Great buy ::yes::

Fantastic trip report :thumbsup2 Beautiful photos and so nice to see you all loved the DLH. It really is lovely :cloud9:

I agreed with your comments about the variety available at the buffet in Inventions. I found that the HNY buffet was much better, but the surroundings in DLH are really nice.

Love all the makeover pics too. Isn't great having a lo that really gets into the whole princess thing :)

Hope the meds sort out soon, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

The food has been so much better on our previous visits. I was so disappointed. :confused: But looking out at the castle whilst eating was wonderful!

Sometimes my LO gets TOO into the princess thing and truly believes she is! princess: ;)

I do have some of the prof make-over pics to upload; just need to find them!

I was certain I'd posted a comment after finishing reading but must not have. Thanks for sharing your wonderful PTR, TR and photographs. I showed it to my Mam yesterday and she thought your photos were fab too. Rosebug could pass for Anna's double in her Frozen dress :) I hope Rosebug's meds settle soon. Just have to add - I love your boots! Great buy ::yes::

Thank you for reading along; and your mam!

Yes - Rosebug does suit the Anna look! I think it is my favourite outfit! :lovestruc

Meds?! Well - I am sure we will get there at some point in the future! ;) She suddenly has slightly "too" much energy! She is also asking to go back! We have told her when she is 7!!!!

And the boots - they are FINALLY broken in! And I LOVES them!! :love::love:

Have just been sorting out our "papers" box and found the DLP printed photos! Thought I would share one final photo of Rosebug's make-over as I love it - but for some reason I can't get flickr codes to work anymore?

Thanks to everyone for reading along! Wish we could do it all again!

I've finally read through your entire tr. it's an amazing collection of photos and I'm so excited to be going! Any tips for character meets especially around hotel. We are planning descent of stars.

Have just been sorting out our "papers" box and found the DLP printed photos! Thought I would share one final photo of Rosebug's make-over as I love it - but for some reason I can't get flickr codes to work anymore?

Thanks to everyone for reading along! Wish we could do it all again!

Aww I now really need to see that pic !!
Not just me who has no luck with pictures
Xx

Aww I now really need to see that pic !!
Not just me who has no luck with pictures
Xx

Figured it out. When you click on share; then click on the drawing pin.

Copy and paste that code into here! It works!

I've finally read through your entire tr. it's an amazing collection of photos and I'm so excited to be going! Any tips for character meets especially around hotel. We are planning descent of stars.

Thank you! :thumbsup2

No tips for hotel other than breakfast meets and Inventions. We weren't there for descent of the stairs this trip so not sure how it works. Studios character meets at 12ish is the way to go to meet a large group of characters - but then because we had DD's pass it was easier for us!

You will have a fab time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter