After hours events?

StarLime

Earning My Ears
Has Disney made an announcement for when/if the after hours events are returning? I couldn’t find any information on their website.

I really wish they would bring them back. Especially if they would do it at Hollywood Studios, which experiences the longest lines during the day. It would be amazing to have the park to yourself (relatively speaking) at 1:00 a.m.!

MK looks like Mondays in general, HS Wednesdays. Same as Deluxe extra hours? So are the deluxe hours going away?

I posted on another section, but this is on top of extra hours because they are on different days. Would you say that extra hours is better or would this be better?

I'm hoping they're expecting low crowds those weeks since my trip falls during times they're aren't doing them. 😉
Considering booking Feb 4-9 myself and was wondering if the same - low crowds why offer but then wouldn't they offer to attract? I know there are tons of cheer/dance events end of Jan/early feb so maybe that is a factor?

I also think there are often DVC moonlight magic events during this period. Maybe they are leaving open for one or two of these

MK looks like Mondays in general, HS Wednesdays. Same as Deluxe extra hours? So are the deluxe hours going away?

Goodness I hope not! It does seem odd that this schedule means deluxe guests, who are presumably the most willing to throw around some money, have to chose between an After Hours event at one park or the included extra evening hours at another.

I'm guessing this is why the random extended hours at HS in December. They're a test run for After Hours restarting.

What it looks to me is:
Select Sundays-DHS paid after hours
Mondays-Epcot deluxe after hour, Magic paid after hours (select weeks)
Tuesday
Wednesday-Magic kingdom deluxe after hours, DHS paid after hours (select nights)
Thursday magic kingdom paid after hours select nights
Friday
Saturday

I posted on another section, but this is on top of extra hours because they are on different days. Would you say that extra hours is better or would this be better?

Right now, I don’t think there’s any way to predict. We went to several paid DAH in the years before Covid. They started out great, with truly limited attendance. The last one we attended was definitely busier. We went to a MK deluxe EMH in May. We thought it was great, much line the paid AH were in the early years. There’s no way to know how many tickets Disney will sell. Or how many people will pay for them until reports start rolling in.

Goodness I hope not! It does seem odd that this schedule means deluxe guests, who are presumably the most willing to throw around some money, have to chose between an After Hours event at one park or the included extra evening hours at another.

This is my concern. We’d much prefer late nights with limited attendance. We have no problem paying for it with DAH events. But I’d hate to have to choose between a paid event & a deluxe resort benefit. However, there are no dates listed for Deluxe EMH past December. Would love to know if they will continue after that or not.

I hope we will get to know sooner rather than later if they plan to carry on with the deluxe extra evening hours . If it it get cancel I will probably change my booking for a moderate hotel …

It does seem odd that this schedule means deluxe guests, who are presumably the most willing to throw around some money, have to chose between an After Hours event at one park or the included extra evening hours at another.

I’d hate to have to choose between a paid event & a deluxe resort benefit

I hope we will get to know sooner rather than later if they plan to carry on with the deluxe extra evening hours . If it it get cancel I will probably change my booking for a moderate hotel …

Exactly. As a guest who loves low crowds, short lines, and late nights, I would be happy to stay at a deluxe hotel and alternate between deluxe extended hours on the nights when they are available and DAH on (select) other nights. It makes no sense to force me to pick between the two. And it greatly reduces the incentive to stay at a deluxe hotel.

Not sure what Disney has planned here. But I sure hope that they don't put us night owls to the choice.

I think the Disney Deluxe Extra Hours were added (it is a fairly recent amenity) to up bookings at deluxe resorts. I see it as something that could disappear at any minute, especially if they can monetize it. I would never book deluxe if that is why, I'd book lower and just pay for After Hours.

Bummer!!! I'm booked for Feb1-8th and would have loved to do this! Think any they will add day?? I hope so!

I think the Disney Deluxe Extra Hours were added (it is a fairly recent amenity) to up bookings at deluxe resorts. I see it as something that could disappear at any minute, especially if they can monetize it. I would never book deluxe if that is why, I'd book lower and just pay for After Hours.

They were added as a benefit for the 50th anniversary celebration which goes until March 31st. So some of us thought they might continue at least til then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter