Airmiles Armchair Chatter

once again the joys of social media tripping me up ... i was trying to avoid being overly wordy (odd for me i must admit!)

The way i read that exclusion-ish clause is the same way i read the standard weekly coupon ... if i want to use that coupon more than once then i need to make multiple sales of that dollar value and present the coupon with each sale, I can't make a purchase totalling double the amount in one sale and get double the miles. In this case however, my line of thinking is that since there are 2 separate offers, one in the flyer and one through the coupon, i *should* get BOTH of the bonus miles since the flyer offer will be given automatically at the till. The only issue *should* be that the coupon doesn't cover all of the products that the flyer offer does so there will need to be some careful studying of tags & wording to get the correct items! I won't even benefit from this offer once though since no one in my family uses enough of those products for me to get even close to $50.00!
Chew on those words and see if my reasoning stands? I hate to steer someone wrong

The wording in their flyers is becoming more and more legaleeze. It leaves too much open to interpretation by the individual stores. I, like you, wouldn't want someone to have their heart set on being able to use both at the same time and then have the store interpret the whole thing differently. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know exactly what they mean by those words. It's just not very clear and easy to follow. I agree its worth a shot the worst they can do is say no.

Sobey's has just had way fewer offers overall for weeks now. It seems to me they are scaling way back on the airmiles offers which is disappointing.
I will be going in for the Google Play card (50 airmiles) and that's it.
Rexall will be the winner this week with the two shop the block coupons. It looks like between those two shops I will come away with about 180 airmiles. I am collecting slower than I had hoped, but I'm still almost at our second 5 day ticket so I can't complain :).
Only 266 miles to go!

REXALL!!!! Heads up to those of you who are planning on using the Shop the Block coupon this weekend for Spend $50.00 on fragrance & makeup and get 100 AM ...the flyer has THIS!! View attachment 207535

I read the fine print on both coupons and neither says that you can't combine it with another so if you spend the $50.00 you *should * rack up 200 AM. Think stockings everyone, don't pass this up because you don't need make up or perfumey-stuff because it includes a ton of other things as well. Fine print from the Shop the Block gives these details on what's included, so you can't get the skin care mentioned above to reach the $50.00 for that one .. take a calculator, give yourself some time to study the shelves and get some rewards!!
View attachment 207537

Thanks for the heads up, I don't buy "beauty" products at Rexall usually, so I was ignoring this one. It will require abit of thought but agree, this looks like a good deal. Sunday shop would mean the $10 gift card as well, not sure if you need to spend $55 or $50 to use the survey coupon, usually the survey coupon is applied after the limit ie spend $50 minus $5 survey to get points, but not sure in this case.

Hello! Does anyone know how long it takes Shell to post? I just want to make sure a Costa coffee purchase posts correctly. TIA

Mort1331, my experience was very similar to yours, so far I have the coffee.

Foodland didn't have the cheese, meat or chicken. On Friday they said they would order the chicken for me and it would be in on Monday's delivery. It didn't make Monday or Wednesdays deliver and I was told there appears to be an ordering issue. So two trips, no shop the block. I bought fresh chicken that was on sale instead and they took $3 off my bill for the inconvenience.

Sobeys had an issue with the cheese as well. 15 instore airmiles came up but coupon didn't work, they also just wanted to give me the 25 airmiles. They followed up with Sobey's head office after I left and one of the cheese I had picked wasn't included in the promo (it was cheddar though). They told me to come back on my next trip and buy the same cheese if I want and they will just scan the one that works twice. They refunded my money til i come back and left me with the 15 instore airmiles for the cheese.
I was at Foodland and they had the Bothwell Cheese but I never got the 25 shop the block Airmiles I had the coupon for . I was told that the coupon only works in Eastern Canada and I should not have gotten it with the Ontario coupons. THey did allow me to return the cheeses, but now I need to find another coupon to use.@

If I head to Toronto this weekend I will stop at a Shell for the coffee.

Well both Foodlands that are somewhat close (20min drive one way) have no cheese or meat. Thank goodness I call now and dont do the drive. We have 2 weeks hopefully something comes in by then.
By the way, AM did finally call back they do not know why MY Sobeys doesnt work, but keep my receipt till the end of the promo and they will credit it then. hmm now I have to work.

Ok, I've got until Nov. 30 to get 340 more AM to keep my Onyx status. I was so hoping that the AM from our moving company would post to cover this but I'm not counting on it.

I'm planning on stocking up at Metro this weekend, maybe Rexall if needed, but do they post fast enough?

Thanks!

Ok, I've got until Nov. 30 to get 340 more AM to keep my Onyx status. I was so hoping that the AM from our moving company would post to cover this but I'm not counting on it.

I'm planning on stocking up at Metro this weekend, maybe Rexall if needed, but do they post fast enough?

Thanks!
Rexall posts within 24 hours usually. Metro can take up to a week (or longer) For quick posting, Rexall is your best bet and you should be able to do a decent amount if you have any stockings that need to be stuffed.
Metro has gift cards this week, $50 cards from :Moxies, Marks, Hudson Bay, Spafinder, Bass Pro, Sears and la Vie en Rose get 50 AM.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was just checking out the flyers online (don't seem to get them at home anymore :sad2:), and Rexall has almost nothing!

I think I'll try and do $60 a day at Metro (10X the points) and hope they post quickly…with a stop at Rexall to see what else they have. If they have my moisturizer and it qualifies for the Sunday Beauty offer that would really help!

Rexall posts within 24 hours usually. Metro can take up to a week (or longer) For quick posting, Rexall is your best bet and you should be able to do a decent amount if you have any stockings that need to be stuffed.
Metro has gift cards this week, $50 cards from :Moxies, Marks, Hudson Bay, Spafinder, Bass Pro, Sears and la Vie en Rose get 50 AM.

Purchase made in my account on Nov 14th was posted on Nov 24th.
Great, thanks much!

I went to Jean Coutu today. This was my first time. The flyer is great for some sale items. And I used three coupons there. Although there was a minimal selection of Personnelle makeup, I found enough variety for myself, DH (!) and the neighbour's card.

A coworker had a business trip in Toronto and purchased too many Costa coffees for all of us at wokrk. He agrees, it's crap.

Anyway, I was surprised at the ease of Jean Coutu. I don't know how to describe the store.... it's crammed with a variety of 'stuff' plus a pharmacy. No groceries at mine though.

I was at Foodland and they had the Bothwell Cheese but I never got the 25 shop the block Airmiles I had the coupon for . I was told that the coupon only works in Eastern Canada and I should not have gotten it with the Ontario coupons. THey did allow me to return the cheeses, but now I need to find another coupon to use.@

If I head to Toronto this weekend I will stop at a Shell for the coffee.
Thunder Bay is excluded from Ontario (they're part of Manitoba). I've never read western Ontario so I'm dubious. My guess is it was the wrong variety of Rothwell.

Can I use the Sobeys Shop the Block coupon more than once and have it count towards my 7? Ours is buy $200 in Sobeys GC and get 50 miles. I still have until Nov 30 to keep using it.

Anyone happen to know if a screen shot will work for the Shop the Block coupons? I can't seem to print the coupons and can easily use about 9 of them. It's just too good a deal to pass up.

Anyone happen to know if a screen shot will work for the Shop the Block coupons? I can't seem to print the coupons and can easily use about 9 of them. It's just too good a deal to pass up.
I don't know about the screen shot. They scanned my printed coupon. However, Rexall and Sobey's have the booklets at the checkouts. Not all of the online coupons are in the booklets but a good number of them are.

Yes they can, I did that today with Foodland finally. The can enter the code manually. Just took a pic with my phone and no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter