Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For those that aren't totally frustrated with the whole cheese purchasing "challenge", there is a printable coupon on websaver for buy 2 get $3 off Canadian cheese with the 100% Canadian milk logo. Rothman is from Manitoba and has the required logo to use the coupon (just double-checked in my refrigerator), brings this week's price to $4.49 at Sobey's Ontario. Need to sign up on website, need to have a store that accepts printable coupons, need to pick the right cheese for the airmiles promo to work, need to ...... lol.

I think the coupon DOES matter (and which flavours you buy probably does not, at least for the Shop the Block offer).

I tried this last weekend. Was careful to choose two varieties that had "Buy 2, get 15" tagged. Checked the receipt on the way out, only 15 AM applied, no 25 AM "Shop the Block". Looked up the details of the coupon on my phone:

How to use this offer:
Show cashier

barcode_215.jpg

Went to the customer service desk and asked if I could get the coupon applied. She told me that it had to be printed on paper (not sure I buy that - it's just a barcode - but whatever). I returned the cheese, because while I like cheese, I probably would not have bought that particular cheese on that particular day were it not for the Shop the Block thing.

Later that day I had to go back to Sobeys (don't ask), so I tried again, this time with the coupon. Same cheese. 15 + 25 AM applied, no problem!
Thanks for the help, but I had both the picture and the hard copy paper. Both have the same code and the cashier tried both. For what its worth there was no issue with the foodland cheese. Same cheese. It is just my Sobeys, so I need to try another one.

Thanks for the help, but I had both the picture and the hard copy paper. Both have the same code and the cashier tried both. For what its worth there was no issue with the foodland cheese. Same cheese. It is just my Sobeys, so I need to try another one.
Yep it's your Sobey's. And I feel your pain, because most of the time it's my Sobey's. And any time I have a problem they tell me to speak to the manager who apparently is only there at midnight on a full moon or something. Or they take my number so the manager can call me back. Guess how many times that has happened. Yep .. none. It's worth my while to go to the Sobey's that is in another town rather than deal with that one.

Yep it's your Sobey's. And I feel your pain, because most of the time it's my Sobey's. And any time I have a problem they tell me to speak to the manager who apparently is only there at midnight on a full moon or something. Or they take my number so the manager can call me back. Guess how many times that has happened. Yep .. none. It's worth my while to go to the Sobey's that is in another town rather than deal with that one.

At least yours has the cheese. I went to two different Sobey's and no cheese at all!! I am trying Sobey's Urban Fresh tomorrow. This is a torture!

Thanks for the heads up! I don't get the paper flyer so your links are so helpful! Looks like pudding, Quaker cereal and Diana Sauce stocking up for my cupboards :santa:
The Metro site has finally gone back to a "proper flyer" again as well as providing an Airmiles filter!
http://www.metro.ca/en/flyer

This will pop up and you can select to see the Airmiles offers -- notice this upcoming one has 28 offers!
upload_2016-11-30_20-29-2.png

Hi Hon when I click on the link I do not see any pop up screen,,not sure what I am doing wrong?
Any ideas,,are you signing in ?
Hugs Mel
I just clicked on the link and then signed out and i'm still seeing the same thing -- let's see if i can do a screen shot? (seems to have worked, even if it is a tad fuzzy)
upload_2016-12-1_9-10-38.png
What i love is this message i get when i am signed in and i click on "see my personal flyer" We've been shopping at Metro for easily 15 years, and using the Airmiles programme since it started, how much history do they need for this to work??
upload_2016-12-1_9-13-7.png

I don't have time to do a full analysis of the flyer right now since i'm making daily treks into Toronto BUT the Rexall looks pretty great to me .. if nothing else it looks like most of the Nosh & CO snacks have bonus AM so you will be able to double-up when using the Shop the Block coupon! I'm really hoping those miles post quickly because I'm currently 50 short of the needed Cash Miles to use the coupon at Metro this weekend :eek:

Also has
Spend
$80.00 get 100 AM
Spend $60.00 get 60 AM
Spend $40.00 get 40 AM

And Netflix GC -- $60.00 gets 55 AM

**edited to ask, is there REALLY no flyer for that covers Thursdays?????

Can anyone advise how long it generally takes for bonus Airmiles from Sobeys to post? I bought some gift cards there Tuesday of last week and was just wondering when I might expect to see them. Hoping they will show up prior to the end of the year. Thanks!

Can anyone advise how long it generally takes for bonus Airmiles from Sobeys to post? I bought some gift cards there Tuesday of last week and was just wondering when I might expect to see them. Hoping they will show up prior to the end of the year. Thanks!
Hi, WELCOME to the Airmiles hunt, noticed your post count, WELCOME to the Disboards!
:welcome:
Sobeys points usually post within a week, sometimes 2 so you should see those show up soon, did they appear on your receipt? I've found that occasionally the gift cards get missed and then THAT can take a significant time period to track down if you don't ask before you leave the store. Airmiles won't get involved in hunting them down for you until the stated 60 - 120 day window passes.

Thanks. They did appear on the receipt so all good on that front. I just thought I'd read somewhere (can't recall now) that airmiles usually posted on Wed/Thu so I figured I'd see them. As long as they show up in decent time before the end of the year so I can use them along with some about to expire miles all will be well.

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to everyone on this forum post! I was able to get 3794 Airmiles in the month of November thanks in large to the advice of members here! NOt only did I qualify for Onyx until March 2018, I've also got enough Airmiles now for four of the 5 Day Disney World passes, and should have no problem getting enough Airmiles for a fifth pass! Thank you all for sharing your insights and tips!!

Well I think i will just use the smartcanucks web site for Metro---it's easier for me.

This is what i get for a screen shot when I try going to Metro's web site
Hugs Mel

JMHO
I am being kind so please don't hate on me
BUT most of us on this thread never experience an expiring airmile--we are constantly looking for new ones ,,I am however happy for people who would have lost their airmiles due to expiry.
Hugs Mel

Probably true for most here yes. My wife and I have 2 accounts. One account we use to accrue and spend Airmiles from on a regular basis. However, a second account, one we had been using to save up for family flights overseas that is quite substantial, had significant chunk of points expiring and we were faced with liquidating those. At least now we won't be forced to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter