Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So today finally was able to get 4 foodland coupons out of the way. I called ahead to make sure product was instock and had to drive out to brothers in Georgetown anyway. About a 5 min detour on route, not bad.
So 2 boxes of chicken wings on sale 9.99 50AM
2 bothwell cheese 6.99 (pricey for me but in this case worth it)15AM + 25AM
2 prosiuitto meats 7.49 ( again pricey but worth it for this)25AM
spend $60 and get 20AM, added some butter tarts( of course) and some eggs and butter(some how got 10AM for it) for baking more butter tarts
Total spent $77.40 = 148AM plus 4 shop the block checked off, Add to that Costa coffee pick up for 10AM $3 and now at 5 shop the block
I have hearing test for wed 150AM and 1 shop the block
so last shop the block would be either Sobeys for cheese, or online spend $20.
Then what I recommend to all is staple your receipts to a coupon book and hold onto it until the 1900AM show up in the new year.
All in under $100 spent for a return on $200(1900AM) in cash account and over 300AM in dream account.
Good Luck to all.

Thanks for the quick replies. I will hit both Rexall and Sobeys tomorrow. Have already done over half my Xmas shopping online today using the 20x promo. Not sure what the total AM on that is but it's at least 800. I also had the MasterCard Shop the Block coupon which I've completed. Will gas up and grab a coffee tomorrow. That will bring me up to 8 coupons.

So today finally was able to get 4 foodland coupons out of the way. I called ahead to make sure product was instock and had to drive out to brothers in Georgetown anyway. About a 5 min detour on route, not bad.
So 2 boxes of chicken wings on sale 9.99 50AM
2 bothwell cheese 6.99 (pricey for me but in this case worth it)15AM + 25AM
2 prosiuitto meats 7.49 ( again pricey but worth it for this)25AM
spend $60 and get 20AM, added some butter tarts( of course) and some eggs and butter(some how got 10AM for it) for baking more butter tarts
Total spent $77.40 = 148AM plus 4 shop the block checked off, Add to that Costa coffee pick up for 10AM $3 and now at 5 shop the block
I have hearing test for wed 150AM and 1 shop the block
so last shop the block would be either Sobeys for cheese, or online spend $20.
Then what I recommend to all is staple your receipts to a coupon book and hold onto it until the 1900AM show up in the new year.
All in under $100 spent for a return on $200(1900AM) in cash account and over 300AM in dream account.
Good Luck to all.

Hi Mort
edited post
I am glad you got all the coupons used at Foodland.
I decided to try and use the $5o.oo one today at Rexall to buy my daughter inlaw some stocking stuffers and then use the Metro one on the 1st Dec and I should be all finished.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Rexall, Metro and maybe Lowe's for me today in person, Old Navy online, Staples tomorrow for printer ink…

When I bought the Bothwell cheese at Sobeys I got the extra old and black truffle and got the points, it seems like it may be which flavours are included or not?

Last edited:
I went to Rexell and used my 100 Airmiles coupon for spending $50 on make up, (got some great makeup kits my teens will love for Xmas). Got 100 AM only. The supervisor said I got the Sunday bonus 100 AM and the shop the block AM would show up in 6-8 weeks, but I think she was confused . The receipt show the coupon scanned so I will have to wait and see, and it looks like I got the Shop the Block AM.

Starting to wonder if the is too much work.

Was going to use the Shell buy 100 liters V gas, but I have a small car, and I get much better mileage with the V gas that I now don't think I will need 100 liters before Dec 14.

I went to Rexell and used my 100 Airmiles coupon for spending $50 on make up, (got some great makeup kits my teens will love for Xmas). Got 100 AM only. The supervisor said I got the Sunday bonus 100 AM and the shop the block AM would show up in 6-8 weeks, but I think she was confused . The receipt show the coupon scanned so I will have to wait and see, and it looks like I got the Shop the Block AM.

Starting to wonder if the is too much work.

Was going to use the Shell buy 100 liters V gas, but I have a small car, and I get much better mileage with the V gas that I now don't think I will need 100 liters before Dec 14.

I agree it's lot of effort involved. I live in a condo and I can't fit much in my fridge. I don't wear makeup. I will see if there is any fragrance I like at Rexall. Went to my Foodland last week and couldn't find the cheese or the deli meat. Too much time wasted. I will try as much as I can. Good thing about the offer is that I can get some bonus miles for 3 or 5 coupons, not necessarily all 7.

I am using the $10 Rexall for the $15 chocolate coupon to cut down costs.

Good luck on your AM hunting next week!

By the way, Costa Coffee is the worst I have ever tasted! :crazy2:

Well I'm back from Rexall and no luck.
My Daughter inlaw doesn't wear makeup and makes most of her own moisturizers and lotions ....so I guess I will have to wait and pick up the Rexall Nosh and Co or Rose and Robin spend 15.00 get 30 airmiles shop the block coupon Dec 2-8.
Hugs Mel

Sobeys (Ontario) has the Rothwell cheese on sale, $1 off

Bought 2 (Extra Old Cheddar and Smoked Gouda), $5.99 each plus 15 am wub 2 plus Shop the Block 25 am.
Did the shop the block work at that Sobeys. have now tried 3 times at mine and no go.

Did the shop the block work at that Sobeys. have now tried 3 times at mine and no go.
Yes, i just relooked at the receipt to be sure before posting. Says "15 miles, 25 miles" just under the cheese. Only other thing I bought was salad. Bottom says "Total Miles Earned 40".

Not that it should matter but I used the coupon from the Shop the Block booklet.

Here's the link to this week's coupon at Rexall, they are closing all the loop-holes up tightly though -- this is what it says on the coupon now "cannot be combined with any other Airmiles coupon or load + go offers." The last time i had one of these offers loaded to my card i didn't get the miles credited to my account :(

Spend $50.00 get 80 AM valid Nov 28 - Dec 1

Lawtons Drugs question...

Typically when I do the spend $95/get 95 offers, I get a running tally of the amount tracked to date spent of the $95.

I went to a Lawtons that I have never been to and the supervisor there said they have never seen that printed on the bottom of their receipts before. They only every see you have earn 95 air miles.

Has anyone else who shops at Lawtons ever NOT have their spending tracked on their receipts? I'm kind of worried that my STB coupon didn't get activated, even though I watched her swipe it a couple of items just to ensure it went through...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my Black Friday (also known as Blue Friday!) air miles collection:

Macy's through Air Miles Shop = 800
Hatley through Air Miles Shop = 150
Keurig through Air Miles Shop = 80

Sobey's Liquor = 280

Sobey's = 780

YEAH!!!! I was very happy with this!

Brandy

Yes, i just relooked at the receipt to be sure before posting. Says "15 miles, 25 miles" just under the cheese. Only other thing I bought was salad. Bottom says "Total Miles Earned 40".

Not that it should matter but I used the coupon from the Shop the Block booklet.

I think the coupon DOES matter (and which flavours you buy probably does not, at least for the Shop the Block offer).

I tried this last weekend. Was careful to choose two varieties that had "Buy 2, get 15" tagged. Checked the receipt on the way out, only 15 AM applied, no 25 AM "Shop the Block". Looked up the details of the coupon on my phone:

How to use this offer:
Show cashier

barcode_215.jpg

Went to the customer service desk and asked if I could get the coupon applied. She told me that it had to be printed on paper (not sure I buy that - it's just a barcode - but whatever). I returned the cheese, because while I like cheese, I probably would not have bought that particular cheese on that particular day were it not for the Shop the Block thing.

Later that day I had to go back to Sobeys (don't ask), so I tried again, this time with the coupon. Same cheese. 15 + 25 AM applied, no problem!

That is BEYOND annoying @mab2012 ... if the coupon says "show the cashier" then you better darned well let me use it! Don't even get me started on the whole "selected varieties" fine-print because none of these items in the store give any indication of which are included :headache: (I can tell you that the extra old white cheddar is included btw and it is mighty tasty)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter