Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yes there is a minimum spend, sorta, you have to earn at least one BASE mile which means spend $5 and it can be store and/or gas.
This is a tad clearer with the information highlighted

****ETA, HEY, not fair you edited your post before i finished answering @Disney Addicted !! It's because it is a SEPARATE offer, above and beyond the
individual store offer

The terms and conditions for the 3 week offer to earn 50 miles is found on THIS PAGE

Opt in by September 6, 2020 to Get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make at least one purchase per week for a 3-week period, that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase. Ends September 20, 2020.
Offer valid August 31, through to September 20, 2020 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). You must opt into this offer by September 6, 2020 to be eligible. Get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make at least
one purchase per week for a 3-week period; that gets you at least one AIR MILES base Mile per purchase. Both fuel and convenience store purchases are eligible. See airmiles .ca or in-store for full Base Offer details. The 3 weeks are defined as: August 31 through to September 6, 2020; September 7 through to September 13, 2020; and September 14 through to September 20, 2020. No coupon required. The same valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of each qualifying purchase. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks post-promotion for your Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

Thanks Hon
I guess I was confusing Bonus & Base airmiles
I did pay $5 for the 3 coke product and got 10 bonus airmiles .
So I think I'm good,,I'll remember next shop.

I am posting a calendar as a reminder for myself.

Thanks Hugs
Mel

Mel

Opt in by September 6 to get this limited-time Shell Go+ Bonus Offer:

Collect at least 1 Mile per week on fuel or in‑store purchases for 3 consecutive weeks. Get a total of 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles.1

Here's how:​

Shell

Shell

So... since I'm tired and this isn't making sense, just to clarify for me:

as long as I purchase anything in the store that is at least $5, that counts? If it happens to have bonus miles attached, I would get the 1 base mile for spending $5 plus whatever the bonus miles are.

But if I do something like purchase 2 chocolate bars for $2.50 and get 10 bonus miles, that does not count because I did not spend $5?

So... since I'm tired and this isn't making sense, just to clarify for me:

as long as I purchase anything in the store that is at least $5, that counts? If it happens to have bonus miles attached, I would get the 1 base mile for spending $5 plus whatever the bonus miles are.

But if I do something like purchase 2 chocolate bars for $2.50 and get 10 bonus miles, that does not count because I did not spend $5?

Correct

I'm updating my air miles tracking spreadsheet and I have a math question going back to the 2019 Shop the Block promo. I have a notation that my daughter's card did not receive all the miles for the Amazon online order. Would someone help me with the math please? My notes say Spend $100 get 50 for STB - received. It's the other offers.

It was Black Friday and my screenshot says "Black Friday's here! Get 20X Miles sitewide until December 1, 2019"
Plus the screenshot also shows Amazon's store offer saying "Get 5X the Miles + Black Friday Sales"

Spent $104.04 pre-tax. So 5 base miles + 95 for Black Friday + 20 for the 5X = 120 miles?
She received 3, 12 and 57 for a total of 72 miles

My husband also received a total of 72 and he spent $121.12 pre-tax also on November 29

STB airmilesshops - Amazon Canada - Jaimie's card - ss 8.jpg

I was so happy to finally be a member of Shell Go+ but this first offer won't be one we're doing... I have used our gas fill-ups to help three people get one step closer to MegaMiles so we have a full tank of gas, and no need for anything in the stores (I just started Noom so want to avoid temptation lol).

Funny story though, I was telling DH we wouldn't be doing this offer, and he told me he had a super vivid dream two days ago about this situation. He dreamt he was at a gas station where there was a great price on gas. He considered whether he should fill up or if there was some Air Miles thing happening to get less than a tank full. He decided that the price was so great I would agree with him filling up and proceeded to do so. But when he got home, apparently I was furious!!!

The poor guy! Lol

I'm updating my air miles tracking spreadsheet and I have a math question going back to the 2019 Shop the Block promo. I have a notation that my daughter's card did not receive all the miles for the Amazon online order. Would someone help me with the math please? My notes say Spend $100 get 50 for STB - received. It's the other offers.

It was Black Friday and my screenshot says "Black Friday's here! Get 20X Miles sitewide until December 1, 2019"
Plus the screenshot also shows Amazon's store offer saying "Get 5X the Miles + Black Friday Sales"

Spent $104.04 pre-tax. So 5 base miles + 95 for Black Friday + 20 for the 5X = 120 miles?

My husband also received a total of 72 and he spent $121.12 pre-tax also on November 29

View attachment 524233
I don't know for sure but I would think it would have to do with what was purchased....maybe? You don't get AM's on everything from Amazon so maybe one or two of her items didn't qualify for AM's. Just a thought that might explain it.

I don't know for sure but I would think it would have to do with what was purchased....maybe? You don't get AM's on everything from Amazon so maybe one or two of her items didn't qualify for AM's. Just a thought that might explain it.

That's true! I don't believe that would apply to these purchases though. I try carefully to avoid those categories. I have a screenshot telling me what will not earn air miles. It says gift cards, amazon prime sign-up, books, e-books, groceries, auto supplies, tools & home improvement, kindle devices or kindle e-books. I take these in case I need to argue with Air Miles. None of the purchases fell into those categories.

Her purchase was a craft kit, arduino electronic thingy, fleece neck warmer, minecraft for nintendo switch, game of life, and ahamster food dispenser.

His was make-up brushes, arduino ribbon cables, arduino circuit board, 3D printer circuit board, and a mini backpack,

For reference for the Shell offer:

At Participating Service Stations
Base offer:
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile per 20 litres of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel purchased in a single transaction*†
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile per 10 litres of Shell V-Power® Nitro+ or Shell V-Power fuel purchased in a single transaction*†
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $5 of eligible non-fuel products purchased in a single transaction**†

View attachment 524233

If the orders were split when they shipped it may have impacted your numbers, the get shipped and charged smaller amounts. Maybe.

O/T Off Topic

Ok how can one create a Fall/Winter outdoor space area for family to visit this year?

Hugs
Mel

If the orders were split when they shipped it may have impacted your numbers, the get shipped and charged smaller amounts. Maybe.

Yes, that's probably what happened. I'll be chatting with Air Miles on Tuesday though for the missing miles. I'm just trying to figure out how many miles I should have received.

O/T Off Topic

Ok how can one create a Fall/Winter outdoor space area for family to visit this year?

Hugs
Mel

I think this is why outdoor heaters are becoming so hard to find. I'm not sure what we will do, we normally visit my parents rather than them coming here, or we all go to my sister's for Thanksgiving, Christmas, that stuff. So I'm not sure. If kiddo wasn't back in school I wouldn't worry, but we are the "weak link" in the situation because of that, everyone else is working from home, retired and going out rarely.

I think this is why outdoor heaters are becoming so hard to find. I'm not sure what we will do, we normally visit my parents rather than them coming here, or we all go to my sister's for Thanksgiving, Christmas, that stuff. So I'm not sure. If kiddo wasn't back in school I wouldn't worry, but we are the "weak link" in the situation because of that, everyone else is working from home, retired and going out rarely.

Hi Hon
Yeah I am making my youngest son stay in the backyard when he visits,,,, as he is back playing Hockey and also taking private exercise (gym) classes. I love him but he burst my bubble......lol.
I have a lovely outdoor table heater (electric) that I got via airmiles last year and it is a gosend.,,,and I was looking at a folding heated chair on airmiles but it sold out.
They (airmiles) also have a ice fishing hut ,,,my middle son thinks I'm crazy to even consider it.
I am not even sure I want to think about how we are going to do Thanksgiving and Christmas at this point.
At least for Halloween I can eat all the Chocolate bars myself,,,lol.

I am going to look at propane fire pits.
I'm too close to neighbours to get a wood one.

Hugs
Mel

Anyone looking they have a 1lb propane table heater for 30% off on airmiles
2240 Airmiles.

Last edited:
So glad to hear the Crown is coming soon. Yes Apple TV is like Netflix. They have a Tom Hanks movie on there I'm interested in seeing but will have to wait until it comes to another platform.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter