Airmiles Armchair Chatter

All four of my shell v power purchases have posted properly. Tomorrow is the start of week 3 of the shell promo, so looking forward to finishing this one up by Monday.

Oh I forgot about the weekly purchase... oh well... not worth rushing out for only 50 AM

Oh I forgot about the weekly purchase... oh well... not worth rushing out for only 50 AM
That's what we figured at first .. then I thought a bit harder about it and realized it won't be just 50 miles. We don't have easy access to Sobeys or Foodland and Rexall is gone so we figure we'll chase down these piddly miles. Only earned 6100 miles this year, 1200 of those from StB and 1500 from Rexall so we need these!!

We bought an ice cream last week that had miles, this week we bought 2 rootbeer for hubby (he likes to have a treat meal on Friday night's and that is an extra treat!)that gave us 10. PLUS I got an email from Shell late yesterday saying they're now giving 5X the miles if you use Mastercard (which i had done to guarantee the MM threshold was met)
The miles for our $7 purchase last week posted:
This week's product bonus will be 10 so we'll get an extra 5 compared to this week. The offers don't change before the end of next week so we'll more than likely do the same thing
Total cash outlay for this promo will be about $18 and we'll get

• 10 miles from last week
  • 15 miles this week
  • 15 miles next week
  • 50 for the big bonus
  • total earned miles 90 which is well over our 1:1 ratio

I am almost through $600 in Sobeys gift cards. Only $42 left! Then I can start back on pc points. I hate having the gift cards on my MasterCard, so pay it back every pay day the value of the receipts.

As much as I like the Sobeys gift card deals, I hate being “locked in” to them until they are gone.

All four of my shell v power purchases have posted properly. Tomorrow is the start of week 3 of the shell promo, so looking forward to finishing this one up by Monday.
DARN! I had it in my head that the weeks started on Monday, so I missed this week. I fully intend on stopping tomorrow for a fillup. :worried:

Yes I am glad you posted that as well because I thought I had missed it today as well and I had maybe missed the first week since I only went to Shell last Sunday. Guess I will go to Shell tomorrow and either get some ice cream bars or the 3 coke products earn 10 miles if it is still there.

I just found this on the airmiles web site
1599969651437.png

20 Bonus Miles
when you spend $20 or more in-store*
Ends Thu, Dec 31

Terms + Conditions

* Offer valid July 13, 2020 through to December 31, 2020 at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Northwest Territories (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Shell Go+ members will get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when they complete an in-store transaction of $20 or more (excluding Tobacco products, Lottery tickets (instant & scratch), Shell Gift Cards, Partner/third-party gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Maximum 20 Bonus Miles per transaction. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other offers. Shell Canada Products and LoyaltyOne, Co. reserve the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Void where prohibited by law. Please allow 2 weeks post promotion for the Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

I might see what I can pick up next week to get an extra 20 airmiles.
Hugs
Mel

I just found this on the airmiles web site
View attachment 525647

20 Bonus Miles
when you spend $20 or more in-store*
Ends Thu, Dec 31

Terms + Conditions

* Offer valid July 13, 2020 through to December 31, 2020 at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Northwest Territories (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Shell Go+ members will get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when they complete an in-store transaction of $20 or more (excluding Tobacco products, Lottery tickets (instant & scratch), Shell Gift Cards, Partner/third-party gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Maximum 20 Bonus Miles per transaction. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other offers. Shell Canada Products and LoyaltyOne, Co. reserve the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Void where prohibited by law. Please allow 2 weeks post promotion for the Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

I might see what I can pick up next week to get an extra 20 airmiles.
Hugs
Mel
So I missed the change of not allowing gift cards. When did that happen? Where it says phone card I wonder if that also includes mobility top ups.

Yes! I checked last night and realized that I hadn't missed this week. I won't need gas next week now that I've filled up, so I'll have to go into the store. I'll need to figure out what works for us. I'll pop in on a Costco run (close together) so it's not like a special trip for Shell.

CERB will be ending soon for many people so yeah now is the month to try and donate some extras to the Food bank/pantry.

Best things to donate to the Food bank
  • Pasta (canned or dry) and pasta sauces.
  • Canned and frozen meats and fish.
  • Meat alternatives (peanut butter, soy, assorted nuts)
  • Canned goods (beans, soups, and stews)
  • Dairy (fresh, canned, and powdered milk)
  • Canned vegetables and fruit.
  • Whole grain cereals.
  • Infant foods and baby formula.
  • Personal Hygiene products
  • Bathroom tissue/baby diapers
  • Coffee/Tea
Little extras that are appreciated
Ketchup,Mustard,Relish,Pickles
Fruit cups,Pudding cups,Jello cups
Individual milk/ juice boxes
Rice and Rice snacks (crispy minis)
Cookies,Individual snack cakes,Granola bars.
Cheese Whiz ,Honey,Jam,Nutella
Crackers
Pancake mix--just add water one / syrup

Hugs
Mel

Thanks for the list of items Mel...I have printed it out for the future. Just in case anyone else is like us and trying to limit our trips outside the house, please consider making a monetary donation to your local food bank (most accept donations online)...our local food bank was on the nightly news recently and advised that for every $1 donated they are able to purchase $5 of food. So that $25 donation turns into $125 worth of food, $100 turns into $500 and $200 turns into $1,000. Every little bit helps those that are not as fortunate...

I did my last 3/3 Shell shops this morning.
I bought 4 more can of coke energy drink,,thank goodness my sons like the stuff.
I had to contact Airmiles chat to get 25 missing airmiles from last weeks Shell purchase,,rep was very pleasant.

Well off to get a bit of exercise.
Hugs
Mel

I did my last 3/3 Shell shops this morning.
I bought 4 more can of coke energy drink,,thank goodness my sons like the stuff.
I had to contact Airmiles chat to get 25 missing airmiles from last weeks Shell purchase,,rep was very pleasant.

Well off to get a bit of exercise.
Hugs
Mel

I had forgotten to get to Shell on the 6th so I missed out on the three weeks. Ah well.

I've had my exercise for the day! A flying & landing lesson. So today was my first day back at work. I started a part-time job as a Crossing Guard last September. I was worried all last winter about slipping on ice or snow. I mean, that's when you're more likely to fall right? Not if you're me. Apparently my specialty is falling in dry weather. :sad2:

Three years ago I tripped and broke and fractured a couple of fingers on my left hand. Today (thankfully after my crossing when all the kids were in school and not during my crossings!), I tripped while walking up to the school and flew onto the walkway. Minor cuts & scrapes here and there. Banged my knee and elbow. No problem. But my ribs! Ohhh, I've never hurt them before. I fell heavily on my left side and must have rammed my arm up into the rib cage under my left breast and along the side. Wow, does that hurt. I have no difficulty breathing so it must just be really bruised but wow. I never realized how much our body uses/moves/stretches that area as we use our body before.

Huh... I just realized my left side takes a beating... years ago I fell off my bike onto my left side as well. I had to take physio for awhile because my left shoulder started freezing and I couldn't lift my arm up.

I had forgotten to get to Shell on the 6th so I missed out on the three weeks. Ah well.

I've had my exercise for the day! A flying & landing lesson. So today was my first day back at work. I started a part-time job as a Crossing Guard last September. I was worried all last winter about slipping on ice or snow. I mean, that's when you're more likely to fall right? Not if you're me. Apparently my specialty is falling in dry weather. :sad2:

Three years ago I tripped and broke and fractured a couple of fingers on my left hand. Today (thankfully after my crossing when all the kids were in school and not during my crossings!), I tripped while walking up to the school and flew onto the walkway. Minor cuts & scrapes here and there. Banged my knee and elbow. No problem. But my ribs! Ohhh, I've never hurt them before. I fell heavily on my left side and must have rammed my arm up into the rib cage under my left breast and along the side. Wow, does that hurt. I have no difficulty breathing so it must just be really bruised but wow. I never realized how much our body uses/moves/stretches that area as we use our body before.

Huh... I just realized my left side takes a beating... years ago I fell off my bike onto my left side as well. I had to take physio for awhile because my left shoulder started freezing and I couldn't lift my arm up.

Ahhhh so sorry Hon,,I know what it feels like and I hate to tell you this but it probably will hurt even more tomorrow,,,yeah I did the Knee scrape,,, face plant in front of our school a few years ago.

Try some epsom salts in a warm bath and soak as long as you can,
Add some Advil and if that doesn't help,,:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1!!!
Healing gentle hugs being sent your way~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugs
Mel

Thanks! I took naproxen as soon as I got home and again late afternoon. It helps. I will again before bed.

I tried to put the chair back to recline for a nap and couldn't. My side/ribs hurt too much. Hopefully I won't have a problem at bedtime.. I think I'll need to sleep on my right and shove a pillow under left breast. :rolleyes: Ah geez. Putting on a bra tomorrow will not be fun.

Thanks! I took naproxen as soon as I got home and again late afternoon. It helps. I will again before bed.

I tried to put the chair back to recline for a nap and couldn't. My side/ribs hurt too much. Hopefully I won't have a problem at bedtime.. I think I'll need to sleep on my right and shove a pillow under left breast. :rolleyes: Ah geez. Putting on a bra tomorrow will not be fun.
Take care and have a speedy recovery!

Well...my Am balance took a little hit again. The dh brother is coming down from the NWT for a visit ( as they have to quarantine upon their return back to the NWT in their house ) and our dd decided last minute that she would drive here to see them while they are visiting. I took a quick look into flights to see how many miles it would cost. Flying with an active 8 month old is just easier than a 7+ hr drive. It is a direct 1.5 hr flight.

It won't take long to get it back up to where it was. Our monthly posting of BMO miles posts this week ( and we spend WAY too much money last month ) we opted in for the BMO promo for mega miles ( and spent 500.00 at partners :rolleyes1 ) and I had actually completed a few targeted Safeway AM that we actually needed and doing the bluemiles of bear paws last week for a local group supporting people needing emergency supplies.

I am grateful to have the miles sitting there to use and it only cost us 120 bucks out of pocket for them to come for the weekend!!!!! who could resist those big eyes!!!!

Attachments

• 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200906180241829_COVER.jpg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200906180241829_COVER.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter