• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well so much for wishful thinking Airmiles ....................( cookies,ice cream,,,mini chocolate bars)...........
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.........................................................................
I guess it's Oatmeal for me this week.:rolleyes:
Hugs Mel

Shell posted my September 6 gas purchase on September 7. I do have the receipt. Should I chase it or just forget about the 50 AM? Too much effort for so little miles. Can I do a live chat now? This is the problem when Shell no longer prints AM on their receipts. I can’t follow up right away!

I picked up some boxes of Oatmeal this morning at Sobeys,,check the boxes as some of the product seems to be expiring by Nov 2020.
I was also going to get some Miracle whip (still on for 99 cents) but it too expires Oct 2020.
I mentioned the expiry dates to the cashier on my way out.
I had two PC organic veggies I wanted to pick up but no product.
Oh well atleast I got some exercise in.
Have a great day!
Hugs
Mel

Shell posted my September 6 gas purchase on September 7. I do have the receipt. Should I chase it or just forget about the 50 AM? Too much effort for so little miles. Can I do a live chat now? This is the problem when Shell no longer prints AM on their receipts. I can’t follow up right away!

I would try chat Hon.
Hugs
Mel

I picked up some boxes of Oatmeal this morning at Sobeys,,check the boxes as some of the product seems to be expiring by Nov 2020.
I was also going to get some Miracle whip (still on for 99 cents) but it too expires Oct 2020.
I mentioned the expiry dates to the cashier on my way out.
I had two PC organic veggies I wanted to pick up but no product.
Oh well atleast I got some exercise in.
Have a great day!
Hugs
Mel
I've had that same experience lately as well. Some of the items I know will be good to eat even after their best before date so I picked them up anyway. It seems like they are using the bonuses to clear out slow moving stock.

I think I will pick up some boxes for a local group that is needing to restock their emergency pantry. I might keep one or two boxes for my boys. They tend to make that as their night snack before bed. Boys :rolleyes: the never ending grazers lol. As much as I love having them home, I will like our grocery bill more once they have moved from home lol

Quaker Oatmeal
One time I made the mistake of buying the new *protein* oatmeal ones,,,oh yuck!
But I still like the maple /brown sugar ones.
CERB will be ending soon for many people so yeah now is the month to try and donate some extras to the Food bank/pantry.

Best things to donate to the Food bank
  • Pasta (canned or dry) and pasta sauces.
  • Canned and frozen meats and fish.
  • Meat alternatives (peanut butter, soy, assorted nuts)
  • Canned goods (beans, soups, and stews)
  • Dairy (fresh, canned, and powdered milk)
  • Canned vegetables and fruit.
  • Whole grain cereals.
  • Infant foods and baby formula.
  • Personal Hygiene products
  • Bathroom tissue/baby diapers
  • Coffee/Tea
Little extras that are appreciated
Ketchup,Mustard,Relish,Pickles
Fruit cups,Pudding cups,Jello cups
Individual milk/ juice boxes
Rice and Rice snacks (crispy minis)
Cookies,Individual snack cakes,Granola bars.
Cheese Whiz ,Honey,Jam,Nutella
Crackers
Pancake mix--just add water one / syrup

https://foodbankscanada.ca/impossib...843613-308904505.1599843613#.X1uuGdRB3t4.linkHugs
Mel

Last edited:
All four of my shell v power purchases have posted properly. Tomorrow is the start of week 3 of the shell promo, so looking forward to finishing this one up by Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter