Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just added card #2 & #3 to my spreadsheet, consolidated them onto one and added them to my baggie for our Birthday trip! Reminder to everyone who uses the Disney Gift Card site to dump the funds onto only one card here's a few pointers that I think might not be clear to everyone:
  • It is NOT a wallet, you can't access and then use your cards from the website
  • You can add funds up to $1,000 CDN to one card
  • If you want to use a gift card to pay your deposit and for whatever reason you need to use 2 cards (I stupidly added 2 smaller cards together and didn't have enough room to add a $500 card without it going over $1,000. Had to make a phone call, so it's possible, just not online.
  • If you have anything refunded to a gift card it will go back onto the actual card you used at the time - if you had the card close to the max amount and the exchange rate changes making it worth more than the $1,000 it will be a BIG headache
  • Keep the cards until you are SURE you have completed whatever transactions you used them for. When our kids were in Disney in August one of the girls bought something that didn't fit and she decided to exchange it for a pin. Obviously cost less but they had tossed the gift card so the only option was to refund to a MERCHANDISE card that can only be used in STORES, onsite, couldn't even use the card to get an ice cream.
  • Use the website ONLY as a way to transfer funds onto one single card
  • One last thing - certain cards, usually only ones issued in Canada, can NOT be used at the front desk to pay down your bill. They will still work in restaurants & gift shops but there is ZERO way for anyone to predict which card will work and which one won't and no matter what anyone tells you, there is no work around. Be prepared to move funds onto a different card if you need to, just give yourself extra time to do this, no need to end your trip frustrated.
  • If you have multiple cards to apply to your final hotel bill, it can be rather time consuming so if the desk is busy or you get a snarly CM (yup, they do exist) try later!

I have an entry on my AMs account I don't understand and I'm looking for the experts to chime in. No idea how to cut and paste this but what is says is...

BMO DOLLARAMA 5X MILES 8

Why would I get 8 and what is the 5Xs Dollarama stuff? Anyone have any thoughts.

I have an entry on my AMs account I don't understand and I'm looking for the experts to chime in. No idea how to cut and paste this but what is says is...

BMO DOLLARAMA 5X MILES 8

Why would I get 8 and what is the 5Xs Dollarama stuff? Anyone have any thoughts.
here's a summary i made from when this promo started - it runs until Nov 6th

Dollarama - ANY transaction using your BMO Basic or Elite card will automatically trigger 5x the normal earn rate in the above chart.
Basic card will earn 5 miles/$25 spent
Elite card will earn 5 miles/$12 spent
Unknown card will earn 5 miles/$15 spent
NO need to show your Airmiles card, this happens automatically, BMO has assigned a merchant code to Dollarama and they will know you have spent money - all they care about is the bottom line on the receipt - tax included. They don't care what you buy at Dollarama, just that you used your BMO issued Mastercard which already has your Airmiles account number attached to it.

If by some mistake or confusion you've attempted to link your BMO Mastercard to a different Airmiles account these miles will STILL post to the account that you used to open the credit card.

*eta - it will be coming out to 8 because they use the same formula that is used for online shopping - you can't earn the base miles twice.

BMO DOLLARAMA 5X MILES 8

I have the same thing, but I got 20 AM. I wonder if that is the first shop that I did for Dollarama that I never got my points for. 🤷‍♀️

So did anybody just get the email from Air Miles saying - you have a Max pass start earning miles now?
I was worried that it only started today and not 2 days ago but I double checked and we are good. We keep better records than they do.
Aren't they a little late to the starting line?
1696539114439.png
At least it mentions in the email that the points will be awarded within 3 weeks of the promotion so we have a general idea of when to start checking for them.

Airmiles website has gone wako....
NaN NaN is my current cash and Dream balance ,,,Getting Bad gateway messages and refusing to log me out.

So did anybody just get the email from Air Miles saying - you have a Max pass start earning miles now?
I was worried that it only started today and not 2 days ago but I double checked and we are good. We keep better records than they do.
Aren't they a little late to the starting line?
View attachment 799600
At least it mentions in the email that the points will be awarded within 3 weeks of the promotion so we have a general idea of when to start checking for them.
I got it too.........................They were late getting on the bus ,,LOL

Airmiles Website

special9.jpg
Posting for myself because I don't trust Airmiles or Metro till they get their online sites fixed.

Metro website

special10.jpg
Originally The Metro website was showing only 10 Airmiles with the purchase of 2 boxes.
Phone conversation with Metro ,,they apologized as their system has been down all day and no *My Metro Offers have posted.
Now here is a third shot
special11.jpg
Very very confusing

Last edited:
here's a summary i made from when this promo started - it runs until Nov 6th

Dollarama - ANY transaction using your BMO Basic or Elite card will automatically trigger 5x the normal earn rate in the above chart.
Basic card will earn 5 miles/$25 spent
Elite card will earn 5 miles/$12 spent
Unknown card will earn 5 miles/$15 spent
NO need to show your Airmiles card, this happens automatically, BMO has assigned a merchant code to Dollarama and they will know you have spent money - all they care about is the bottom line on the receipt - tax included. They don't care what you buy at Dollarama, just that you used your BMO issued Mastercard which already has your Airmiles account number attached to it.

If by some mistake or confusion you've attempted to link your BMO Mastercard to a different Airmiles account these miles will STILL post to the account that you used to open the credit card.

*eta - it will be coming out to 8 because they use the same formula that is used for online shopping - you can't earn the base miles twice.
THANK YOU! This explains it rather nicely. I was so confused with this one. You, my dear, are the BEST!

Flash Offer
redeem airmiles on merchandise get 200 Airmiles
flash7.jpg

Terms + Conditions​

This offer is valid for collectors who opt-in and redeem Dream Miles for AIR MILES Merchandise from October 6, 2023 to October 12, 2023. Opt-in must occur before the eligible AIR MILES Merchandise redemption is made to qualify. Offer applies to AIR MILES Merchandise redemptions made online at rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise during the offer period. This offer is limited to a maximum of one eligible AIR MILES Merchandise redemption per collector. To use Miles for travel, merchandise, certificate and/or event rewards, you must have accumulated sufficient Dream Miles in your collector account.

Asking chat right now
Melanie
I would like to participate in the flash offer buy merchandise recieve 200 airmiles .Can you tell me if under merchandise subsection entertainment is included in merchandise?

Chat person Sandra
Please give me a moment to see if this is outlined.

SANDRA
One moment please.

SANDRA
Only valid on item in Merchandise not Events and Entertainment.

SANDRA
Melanie it is only valid for MERCHANDISE

Melanie
when I click on merchandise it shows as it is merchandise ,,I am glad I checked with you oh well have a good day

SANDRA
I hear you t really have you thinking it should not mention travel either.

SANDRA
I will pass this valuable feedback to the right Group.

Not the answer I wanted but better to know ahead of time.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I'm all shopped out....

Dollarama:
Some kind soul left me 2 Pet smart GC,,,, so happy.

Cocoa (queen of the house cat) needs one more dose of Revolution meds because the weather has been so nice in Oct.
Off to the Vet and one little vile cost me 35.00 $

Sobeys Food Bank for Thanksgiving Donation:
4 Pancake mixes and 4 Maple syrup bottle.
2000 Scene+ points

Metro:
They fixed the Metro system so I picked up 8 boxes of the Bounce Dryer sheets ,,yes I supply 3 sons with them and use them myself so getting the Unscented ones for $7.99 and every two boxes 20 bonus Airmiles was a good deal for me.
Total airmiles 83

Now for an afternoon nap
Hugs mel

I did my 4th Dollarama shop today and picked up a gift card for me this time. I got an Amazon gift card as I found something I want to buy and it is actually one of the approved Air Miles points sections so I will use that today. Last one for me is tomorrow as I plan on doing it on the way to the cottage so I can't leave my card at home for the family to shop for me on Sunday.

I went out in the rain today, I think I liked it better than the heat wave we were having. Got another Disney GC, found some of the plastic ones in the store so they are easier to deal with. Two more to go for me. Hopefully the points post by end of the month, I need to get those one day tickets so if I don't have enough points I will have to buy one with the GC's I guess, and use AM on the other one.

We are doing Thanksgiving at my sister's for lunch Sunday, I have nothing else planned so hopefully the food is good.

Metro fixed itself by this morning so I placed a grocery order for delivery this evening, and didn't order too much. Not many AM in the order either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter