Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I too got this email and it's for travel, entertainment and dining - I think you will not get the 5x at a grocery store.

This also affects our credit card math/decision to use, as we plan to use AM to decrease our trip costs beforehand, but need to earn scene+ points so we can pay off travel costs charged on the Amex!

Whether to use MC or Amex just might come down to a flip of the coin for us! And Amex is not always accepted, so that too. Probably not going to be able to maximize, too much brain needed, so I'll just have to be happy with whatever bonuses I get.
Oopsie that's the old AMEX math, it was anything food related! Changed my example to Swiss Chalet 🤢
At the moment the WestJet card is getting used exclusively so we can maximize the free flight! I keep thinking airmiles will become secondary and then they suck me back in 🤪

Dollarama news. I was speaking with the cashier and asked if they would be open Sunday or Monday. She said they are open BOTH days but with shortened hours. 11 till 5. She said the only days they are closed is Christmas day and New Years day.
This is for my Dollarama, which is inside a mall, but you may want to check with your own if you want to maximize your return.

Dollarama news. I was speaking with the cashier and asked if they would be open Sunday or Monday. She said they are open BOTH days but with shortened hours. 11 till 5. She said the only days they are closed is Christmas day and New Years day.
This is for my Dollarama, which is inside a mall, but you may want to check with your own if you want to maximize your return.

I won't be home anyway but I checked the hours for the 4 Dollarama stores in Ajax and they are all closed on Monday. And yes little tiny Ajax has 4 Dollarama stores and 3 of the 4 are walking distance to my house. Okay 2 are about 1/2 hour walk but still walkable.
Yup certain malls can be open on Monday so lucky you.

Dollarama
Located in: Square One Shopping Centre

Address: 100 City Centre Dr, Mississauga, ON L5B 1M7

Hours:

Saturday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sunday11 a.m.–7 p.m.
Monday
(Thanksgiving)
11 a.m.–6 p.m.
Holiday hours
Tuesday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Wednesday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Thursday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday10 a.m.–9 p.m.

Monday
A bit of a drive ,,, but for 800 Airmiles between 2 cards I am willing to do it.:flower:
Too bad there is no longer a Disney store there.
Hugs Mel

Could I from home do this
Service options: In-store shopping

Sponsored
favicon-tbn

instacart.ca

Dollarama Delivery
Delivery in as fast as 1 hour from your local stores.
Shop Now · instacart.ca

Like order gift cards and pay using my Linked Mastercard?
I wonder how much delivery is ?

Dollarama
Located in: Square One Shopping Centre

Address: 100 City Centre Dr, Mississauga, ON L5B 1M7

Hours:

Saturday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sunday11 a.m.–7 p.m.
Monday
(Thanksgiving)
11 a.m.–6 p.m.
Holiday hours
Tuesday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Wednesday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Thursday10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday10 a.m.–9 p.m.

Monday
A bit of a drive ,,, but for 800 Airmiles between 2 cards I am willing to do it.:flower:
Too bad there is no longer a Disney store there.
Hugs Mel
I will be doing a little shopping trip there on Monday as well! It’s going to be worth the drive for sure!

Guess what I found in my treasure Box????
2 day Park to Park ticket for Universal
Via Airmiles.
The Front says Multi Day Ticket
I must have ordered this years ago....hope I can still use it.

Sorry picture quality is poor ,,student broke my phone camera a few years ago.

20231007_151605.jpg
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Made it to dollarama today, even with the worst migraine I have had in a long time. I checked and it looks like it might be open Monday. I will go if it is. Another 400 AM is a good thing.

Tomorrow I will pick up may parents and we all go to my sister's for Thanksgiving lunch. Mom ordered a meal so no one has to really cook, just reheat. I may make an extra side to take, everything in the meal is sugary, maple Brussels sprouts, honey glazed carrots, mashed potatoes and stuffing. I'd like a side dish that isn't quite so much carbs/sugar.

Made it to dollarama today, even with the worst migraine I have had in a long time. I checked and it looks like it might be open Monday. I will go if it is. Another 400 AM is a good thing.

Tomorrow I will pick up may parents and we all go to my sister's for Thanksgiving lunch. Mom ordered a meal so no one has to really cook, just reheat. I may make an extra side to take, everything in the meal is sugary, maple Brussels sprouts, honey glazed carrots, mashed potatoes and stuffing. I'd like a side dish that isn't quite so much carbs/sugar.
Hey Heather
Your meal sounds delicious but yeah Thanksgiving meals are full of carbs,,,, I usually take cut up Pumpernickel bread and spinach dip or my fav fresh fruit cut up with a yogurt /chocolate dip.
Have fun spending time with your family.
Hugs Mel

P.S.
I hope the headache eases up and you are able to get a good night's rest.

I see the max pass is no longer available and I missed it. How often does the promo occur and how do you opt in? Was there info on the airmiles app?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter