Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I booked a trip.
Nov 27th till Dec 2 ( just a quick 5 nights)
Just a me before Christmas break away. :santa:
I will be staying at Universals Surfside Resort.🏖️
Paid for by my Scene+ points.
Food breakfast pretty much covered by Starbucks☕ and Airmiles.

Flight is WestJet and is paid for via my WestJet dollars except for taxes/fees.✈️

I figure I can take an Uber :car:over to Disney Springs so I purchased a ticket to Disney cirque du Soleil evening performance. Drawn To Life.
94a35896295953.Y3JvcCw4MDgsNjMyLDAsMA.jpg

I've never seen the Christmas tree trail they have there and plan to grab a Starbucks Tea/Coffee and wander around Downtown Disney. (Yeah I still call it that).
2022-wdw-disney-springs-christmas-holiday-tree-stroll-annual-passholder-2-300x225.jpg

The Earl of Sandwich Christmas sandwiches are calling to me.🥪
Christmas decoration (365 days Christmas) and food covered by Disney GC via Airmiles.🎄

A few days of sunshine ,shopping and sight seeing!

I might do one Park Day at Universal ,,, I kind of want to see Harry Potter's Hogwarts Castle all lit up and maybe the Macy's Christmas Parade. 🏰
IMG_0089.jpg

And on another note I was able to book my Covid vaccine today just around the corner from my home for Oct 17th.
Exactly a year from the last one. I will just feel better having this before I travel.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
So I booked a trip.
Nov 27th till Dec 2 ( just a quick 5 nights)
Just a me before Christmas break away. :santa:
I will be staying at Universals Surfside Resort.🏖️
Paid for by my Scene+ points.
Food breakfast pretty much covered by Starbucks☕ and Airmiles.

Flight is WestJet and is paid for via my WestJet dollars except for taxes/fees.✈️

I figure I can take an Uber :car:over to Disney Springs so I purchased a ticket to Disney cirque du Soleil evening performance. Drawn To Life.

I've never seen the Christmas tree trail they have there and plan to grab a Starbucks Tea/Coffee and wander around Downtown Disney. (Yeah I still call it that). The Earl of Sandwich Christmas sandwiches are calling to me.🥪
Christmas decoration (365 days Christmas) and food covered by Disney GC via Airmiles.🎄

A few days of sunshine ,shopping and sight seeing!

I might do one Park Day at Universal ,,, I kind of want to see Harry Potter's Hogwarts Castle all lit up and maybe the Macy's Christmas Parade. 🏰

And on another note I was able to book my Covid vaccine today just around the corner from my home for Oct 17th.
Exactly a year from the last one. I will just feel better having this before I travel.

Hugs
Mel
Have you stayed at Surfside? We enjoyed it but the walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbors and people in the halls. Take some earplugs just in case.
Also, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area, you may be very knowledgeable, however I will give you a tip in case you are not. The I-Trolley picks up pretty much in front of the hotel, right on I Drive. If you take it you can get to both outlet malls. One end of the trolleys stops is the Vineland outlet, the other end takes you to the International outlet. It's a straight shot to either one. Lots of great shopping.
I'm envious. You'll have a great time.

Have you stayed at Surfside? We enjoyed it but the walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbors and people in the halls. Take some earplugs just in case.
Also, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area, you may be very knowledgeable, however I will give you a tip in case you are not. The I-Trolley picks up pretty much in front of the hotel, right on I Drive. If you take it you can get to both outlet malls. One end of the trolleys stops is the Vineland outlet, the other end takes you to the International outlet. It's a straight shot to either one. Lots of great shopping.
I'm envious. You'll have a great time.
Yep I stayed at Dockside twice last year and loved the I Trolley ,,thank you for suggesting it last year.
I will be using it again this year. I will take some ear plugs.
Thanks Hon
Hugs mel

https://www.internationaldriveorlando.com/iride-trolley/

Hugs Melblog pic 1.png

This is an article from last year 2022
see prices
The ticket prices will increase as follows:

1-day: From $5 per pass to $6

3-day: From $7 per pass to $8

5-day: From $9 per pass to $10

7-day: From $12 per pass to $16

14-day: From $18 per pass to $20

Transfers are still free and passes are for consecutive day use, according to transportation officials. Single fare tickets cost $2 per ride with discounts offered for children ages 3 to 9 with a paying adult and seniors over 65. Exact change is required for tickets, according to the trolley website.
The trolley runs from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily and travels the red line route, which goes north and south down International Drive approximately every 20 minutes, and the green line route, which begins service in the Major Boulevard business district, travels along Universal Boulevard and then shadows the red line route on South International Drive approximately every 30 minutes.

For more information on the I-RIDE Trolley, click here.

Last edited:
Off Topic
Thinking of picking up a Landry's card
https://www.landrysselect.com/locations/

Lake Buena Vista Zip code is

Rewards!​

After purchasing a membership, register your account and receive a $25 WELCOME REWARD*

Get a free $25 BIRTHDAY REWARD** to use during your Birthday Month!

Something to think about.

Hugs Mel
We did that and found it really useful! It was great to be seated right away. You can also buy Landry's giftcards from the US Costco site - $80 for $100 value. We used the membership and giftcards at TRex and Rainforest Cafe for the kids. But also, my husband just went to Vegas and used it at a super fancy steakhouse there. :)

Edit: I should add that we found it a lot easier to just buy the membership from a Landry's location than online. We got ours at Bubba Gump at Universal.

Thanks for the tip about the I trolley. I'm going in April next year and DDiL would love to do some outlet shopping. I wasn't going to Uber there but we could possibly squeeze a little shopping in using the Trolley. Is it a long ride?
It's about 30 minutes from one end to the next, so outlet to outlet basically. Surfside is approximately in the middle so you are looking at 15/20 minutes from boarding to getting to where your going. There is loads of other stuff to do on I Drive so take a look and see if anything is of interest. We hit up a few good restaurants this way.

Off Topic
Thinking of picking up a Landry's card

Lake Buena Vista Zip code is

Rewards!​

After purchasing a membership, register your account and receive a $25 WELCOME REWARD*

Get a free $25 BIRTHDAY REWARD** to use during your Birthday Month!

Something to think about.

Hugs Mel
We have had one for years. It works very well most times. The advantage of walking up and getting seated before others is a selling point for sure. The Birthday Reward can't be held onto for very long, it has an expiry date. You really can't go wrong with it and it's a forever membership, don't have to renew yearly.
One of the best purchases I have made.

We did that and found it really useful! It was great to be seated right away. You can also buy Landry's giftcards from the US Costco site - $80 for $100 value. We used the membership and giftcards at TRex and Rainforest Cafe for the kids. But also, my husband just went to Vegas and used it at a super fancy steakhouse there. :)

Edit: I should add that we found it a lot easier to just buy the membership from a Landry's location than online. We got ours at Bubba Gump at Universal.
Thanks for sharing .
i appreciate it.
hugs mel

sorry eye drop time....everything is a taD bit bkuury

We have had one for years. It works very well most times. The advantage of walking up and getting seated before others is a selling point for sure. The Birthday Reward can't be held onto for very long, it has an expiry date. You really can't go wrong with it and it's a forever membership, don't have to renew yearly.
One of the best purchases I have made.
Thanks Hon
I appreciate the info.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

OMG i was so hoping this would happen- we still need luggage, i have several in my wish list and on the Prime Deal Watch list, bring it on! It's a little mini-prime day, October 10-11th, get your lists ready and check the included categories. If you're doing the dollarama promo, Amazon gift cards are about as close to 100% secure as you can get, wrapped up tight in a sealed cardboard sleeve.
Screenshot_20231007_083938_Email.jpg

i keep forgetting about this email i got at some point last week, this requires doing some analysis before choosing which credit card to use, where do you want your rewards to go? Airmiles? WestJet? Scene? PC points ?
BMO Mastercard has a somewhat complicated offer starting that will earn you 5x your base amount on certain categories - travel, food and entertainment. The terms are very long and detailed and I can't begin to do a summary!!! Basically if you buy something in one of those categories you will earn extra miles on your transaction this is for any store, so if I use my card at swiss chalet I will earn 5 miles/$25 instead of 1 mile
it came in an email and I needed to opt in
Screenshot_20231005_150617_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
i keep forgetting about this email i got at some point last week, this requires doing some analysis before choosing which credit card to use, where do you want your rewards to go? Airmiles? WestJet? Scene? PC points ?
BMO Mastercard has a somewhat complicated offer starting that will earn you 5x your base amount on certain categories - travel, food and entertainment. The terms are very long and detailed and I can't begin to do a summary!!! Basically if you buy something in one of those categories you will earn extra miles on your transaction this is for any store, so if I use my card at Farm Boy (small grocery chain in ontario) I will earn 5 miles/$25 instead of 1 mile
it came in an email and I needed to opt in
View attachment 799892
I too got this email and it's for travel, entertainment and dining - I think you will not get the 5x at a grocery store.

This also affects our credit card math/decision to use, as we plan to use AM to decrease our trip costs beforehand, but need to earn scene+ points so we can pay off travel costs charged on the Amex!

Whether to use MC or Amex just might come down to a flip of the coin for us! And Amex is not always accepted, so that too. Probably not going to be able to maximize, too much brain needed, so I'll just have to be happy with whatever bonuses I get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter