Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Currently at WDW and thought I would provide our experience for adding PH to our Air Miles 7 day one park tickets. We added the PH option at Guest relations in Disney Springs last night...it was $55.12 for each adult ticket. We decided to add it as I thought it was only costing us $55.12 each to see the parks for 7 days. Also, we are staying on property (ASMu) and I was able to use my Magic band to pay for the PH.

While it was easy to add the PH option, the wait time at Guest relations was insane and their new system of taking names and letting you sit until it is time is ridiculous. We were told when we went to upgrade that it would be about a 20 minute wait and we accepted that and decided to wait. We saw CM standing around the entire time we were there when they could have been serving guests. I asked a manager CM why they thought this was a better system and he said guests like being addressed by name and being able to sit and check messages while waiting. I said the whole take a number system would also work instead of having CM walking around looking for the guest they are supposed to be serving...(I think the CM at the door either takes your picture or describes you), I also said that it would let guests know how many people were ahead of them. We were finally served after about 40 minutes...if they had told us it would be so long, we probably would have just done the redemption and upgrade at Epcot guest relations today.
Was it the regular am wdw tickets you upgraded or the Canadian discounted am tickets?

Was it the regular am wdw tickets you upgraded or the Canadian discounted am tickets?

Sorry, we upgraded the exchange certificates we received from AM that were the discounted Canadian residents (i.e. the ones we got with the reduced AM). I did show our Canadian passports in order to do the exchange. Not sure if they accepted other forms of ID but she asked for our passports and I provided them.

I'm so glad this worked for you. I've just read another report for someone who tried to upgrade (days plus hoppers) their tickets and they were quoted a horrible amount to do so. They basically lost their discount for having purchased the Canadian offer. It really seems to depend on which CM you are speaking with right now as to what you can and cannot do re upgrades.

I haven't let my hopes getup too high on the "promised" discounts for us more (what was the phrase? more engaged?) gold and/or Onyx level members because at times i have tried to book the flights they have said I can get for fewer miles and they have NEVER been included. To prove my point look closely at the ever-important highlighted words in this chart
View attachment 227615
So yeah, you can lop off 5 AM and it's falling under the umbrella of UP TO. However, it does say ALL merchandise so the tickets WILL be included (or there will be heck to pay!!)

Here's hoping. If the tickets are included, I guess any discount is better than none (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the actual 20% though).

To complicate the confusing algorithms AM uses for their "wonderful" targeted offers, this is ours for Sobeys ... we have never, not once, spent more than $100.00 so I'm fairly confident we'll never use these! This is the same one we get every week
upload_2017-3-27_13-30-43.png

Typically I don't shop at Sobeys unless there is a really good AM deal. It's out of the way and over priced. I always load the weekly offers anyway. Mine used to be spend $25 get 10 AM. After using that offer one time it jumped up to $40/15. I used that yesterday because I wanted to take advantage of the ice cream deal and needed a couple of other things that were also loaded offers. Ended up spending $40.49 and earned 136 AM. So let's see if that loaded offer jumps up next week.

Great thread!
I'm currently saving up so I can buy Universal Hollywood tickets with Airmiles.

One cool things I've found is that I can search airmiles on the Flipp app and it shows me flyers that have airmiles deals.

Great thread!

One cool things I've found is that I can search airmiles on the Flipp app and it shows me flyers that have airmiles deals.
Don't believe I've heard of that app.... thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

I agree blue888, just adding:

I use Flipp and Reebee, I think they both are good. Flipp is easier to use IMHO, Reebee sometimes posts flyers a little earlier but the difference lately is hardly noticeable. I always check Reebee when I'm waiting for the Sobey's flyer. Flipp often misses indexing a few items so I don't usually count on their searches to get everything (YMMY) but it's definitely the one I use the most.

For Metro, Rexall and Foodland, I think using their website flyers is the easiest to catch airmile offers since they highlight all of them. There are likely others, I'm sure someone here can add to the list.

Great thread!

I've been using Flipp for about a year now. How do you use it to search for AM?

Funny little story.... I was introduced to Flipp by the lady standing in line behind me at the grocery store. She was one of those people that is commenting on your groceries and nearly touching them. The next thing I know I'm holding her phone in my hand playing with the Flipp app.

I've been using Flipp for about a year now. How do you use it to search for AM?

Funny little story.... I was introduced to Flipp by the lady standing in line behind me at the grocery store. She was one of those people that is commenting on your groceries and nearly touching them. The next thing I know I'm holding her phone in my hand playing with the Flipp app.

In the search function, look up "air miles" - two words. It took me a little bit to figure that out.

Ps - my hubby is always laughing at me when we go shopping, more times than not I end up chatting with people in line. Your story sounds like something I would have done. :)

Yup, exactly what Kerreyn said. Just search air miles in the search function. :)

Can anyone tell me? Are there discounts on attraction tickets if you are gold or onyx?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter