Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am definitely doing the roadtrip thing. They just opened (today) a Fresh Co near me so I will be able to use these cards at Sobey's and Fresh Co. The weather isn't supposed to be great tomorrow but maybe Saturday I'll make the trek.
Is this the FreshCo on Cresthaven?

Just received a message from my Mom that Foodland (Ontario)'s flyer March 31 to April 6 has a buy $150gc get 150am promo. I asked her to confirm that it is all week and haven't heard yet. Also, I haven't actually seen it myself but just a heads up to those that might be looking for Sobey's giftcards.
Perfect timing! It's payday tomorrow (getting used to the once a month, even after all these months). Thanks for the heads up!

Off Topic/Update
Thank-you to everyone who expressed kind wishes and prayers for my family and I.
My brother fought a very brave fight but last evening he passed away.
I shall miss him so much,
Remember to take time to share your special times with your family.
Big Hugs Mel
My sincere condolences to you and your family, Mel. No matter how much we prepare....we never truly are. May happy memories help you through these difficult days. (((Hugs))) from southwestern Ontario. :hug:

Off Topic/Update
Thank-you to everyone who expressed kind wishes and prayers for my family and I.
My brother fought a very brave fight but last evening he passed away.
I shall miss him so much,
Remember to take time to share your special times with your family.
Big Hugs Mel

Mel. I'm sooo sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose anyone we know and love. Sending you lots of light and love from Northern Alberta :grouphug:

@bababear_50 I'm so sorry that you brother passed away, it's always so hard to watch a loved one suffer and while it's such a relief to know they are out of pain that is when our pain increases. I pray that you are able to find some peace in the upcoming days and are able to share the joyous memories with your family. We'll be here waiting for you when you are up to re-joining the hunt.
d09078ea8179e51eb1d17b850f56495c.jpg

Last edited:
Just glanced at the Metro flyer and discovered it will require a very careful serious study later. There are a lot of bonus offers -- some at less than my required 1:1 ratio but several that are higher.
Few examples:
Depends : $16.99 by 2 get 5 AM (SERIOUSLY??? 5)
Chips :2 for $7.00 buy 2 get 5 AM (boo-hiss not great)
Maynards candy : 2 for $3.49 buy 2 get 10 AM (better)
Diana's sauce: $2.99 each buy 2 get 10 AM (better still)

Metro flyer March 30th - April 5th

I'm afraid this answers the question some of us have had regarding extra savings on the Attraction tickets starting on the 2nd. This message pops up on the home page now
upload_2017-3-30_12-41-25.png
If you head to the page where all the dream rewards are THIS shows
upload_2017-3-30_12-42-41.png And under the Onyx benefitsupload_2017-3-30_12-44-38.png
So sadly, me thinks the tickets will NOT be included.

Like all others, want to send my condolences Mel. Although it is all virtual, I feel as though I know so many of you and am thinking of you.

Anyone sick of me yet today? Just did a study of the Foodland flyer and the following are worth noting:
YES buy $150.00 GF get 150 AM
Prime frozen chicken products: $9.99 buy 2 get 75 AM
Dempster's Bagel & tortilla :$2.99 buy 3 get 25 AM
Pillers pepperoni sticks : $8.99 buy 3 get 50 AM
Maple Leaf Canadian Craft or Natural Selection cold meats : buy 2 get the 3rd free AND buy 2 get 25 AM
Heinz canned pasta or beans: $1.39 buy 3 get 25 AM
McCain french fries : $2.49 buy 2 get 15 AM
Tide pods or Gain soap: $5.99 buy 2 get 20 AM

Now, the question in this household? Will we make what will amount to almost 90 minutes RT drive to the store that has not only GC BUT also food we trust to eat after we buy it .. or the 60 minute RT drive to the store that *allowed* me to churn GF (but almost caused both a divorce and a heart attack :P ) The whole issue is moot though since hubby just announced "it's gross out I'm not going anywhere till May"

Just glanced at the Metro flyer and discovered it will require a very careful serious study later. There are a lot of bonus offers -- some at less than my required 1:1 ratio but several that are higher.
Few examples:
Depends : $16.99 by 2 get 5 AM (SERIOUSLY??? 5)
Chips :2 for $7.00 buy 2 get 5 AM (boo-hiss not great)
Maynards candy : 2 for $3.49 buy 2 get 10 AM (better)
Diana's sauce: $2.99 each buy 2 get 10 AM (better still)

Metro flyer March 30th - April 5th

I'm interested in the Oasis Smoothies @ $2.99. only 15am wub 3 but it's a good price on an item I buy

Anyone sick of me yet today? Just did a study of the Foodland flyer and the following are worth noting:
YES buy $150.00 GF get 150 AM
Prime frozen chicken products: $9.99 buy 2 get 75 AM
Dempster's Bagel & tortilla :$2.99 buy 3 get 25 AM
Pillers pepperoni sticks : $8.99 buy 3 get 50 AM
Maple Leaf Canadian Craft or Natural Selection cold meats : buy 2 get the 3rd free AND buy 2 get 25 AM
Heinz canned pasta or beans: $1.39 buy 3 get 25 AM
McCain french fries : $2.49 buy 2 get 15 AM
Tide pods or Gain soap: $5.99 buy 2 get 20 AM

Now, the question in this household? Will we make what will amount to almost 90 minutes RT drive to the store that has not only GC BUT also food we trust to eat after we buy it .. or the 60 minute RT drive to the store that *allowed* me to churn GF (but almost caused both a divorce and a heart attack :P ) The whole issue is moot though since hubby just announced "it's gross out I'm not going anywhere till May"

I would normally add my opinion but I honestly wouldn't know which to choose lol. Good luck with your decison lol.

Just back from Shell, did a test run on 1 gc, SDM $50, plus $27 in gas. Received 36am so the 7x on gc still works. The location I went to was small so limited selection; no grocery, gas cards or Rexall, saw Winners, Home Depot, Lowes, the Swiss Chalet Harveys one, Google Play, SDM, Starbucks, some long-distance cards (no idea if these count but I would think they would), LCBO ... ahhh, my memory is short today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter