Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Off Topic/Update
Thank-you to everyone who expressed kind wishes and prayers for my family and I.
My brother fought a very brave fight but last evening he passed away.
I shall miss him so much,
Remember to take time to share your special times with your family.
Big Hugs Mel

So sorry about your loss Mel. Glad that you got to spend some time with him.

We went to our local Shell this morning and got a $100 Sobey's gift card and got 70 airmiles. Then went to Sobey's and bought more drumsticks along with a few other things. Spent $50 and got 152 miles from Sobey's plus the 70 from Shell and still have $50 on the giftcard.

Foodland looks good this week so we might have to take a roadtrip.

At this point I'll take any excuse to get out of the house, renos started Wednesday and my entire upstairs is being demolished as we speak!

Anyone sick of me yet today? Just did a study of the Foodland flyer and the following are worth noting:
YES buy $150.00 GF get 150 AM
Prime frozen chicken products: $9.99 buy 2 get 75 AM
Dempster's Bagel & tortilla :$2.99 buy 3 get 25 AM
Pillers pepperoni sticks : $8.99 buy 3 get 50 AM
Maple Leaf Canadian Craft or Natural Selection cold meats : buy 2 get the 3rd free AND buy 2 get 25 AM
Heinz canned pasta or beans: $1.39 buy 3 get 25 AM
McCain french fries : $2.49 buy 2 get 15 AM
Tide pods or Gain soap: $5.99 buy 2 get 20 AM

Now, the question in this household? Will we make what will amount to almost 90 minutes RT drive to the store that has not only GC BUT also food we trust to eat after we buy it .. or the 60 minute RT drive to the store that *allowed* me to churn GF (but almost caused both a divorce and a heart attack :P ) The whole issue is moot though since hubby just announced "it's gross out I'm not going anywhere till May"

Off Topic/Update
Thank-you to everyone who expressed kind wishes and prayers for my family and I.
My brother fought a very brave fight but last evening he passed away.
I shall miss him so much,
Remember to take time to share your special times with your family.
Big Hugs Mel

Deepest condolences for your loss! My prayers are with you and your family, Mel!!

Oh fun... thanks for the updates on Events vs Merchandise... :( I'm still saving up either way so glad some people are able to benefit!

Our sobeys/safeway has blue Friday tomorrow. Looks like some good deals. I'm western Canada
Diapers!!! 2 for 100 Airmiles. I'm happy, it's cheaper to pay 33.72 at superstore then 19.99 each but lol I want the Airmiles! Now to figure out if I bought 4 boxes will I get 200?

Diapers!!! 2 for 100 Airmiles. I'm happy, it's cheaper to pay 33.72 at superstore then 19.99 each but lol I want the Airmiles! Now to figure out if I bought 4 boxes will I get 200?
If you want to guarantee getting double to Airmiles simply have it rung through as 2 separate sales. At our Sobeys we use the self-check lane and LOVE the fact that the AM earned show up immediately under the item --- in BIG BOLD print which allows us to confirm before we get to the end of the sale. If you don't have this option -- safest method? 2 sales!

Head's up for what next week's Rexall's coupon *should* be, my "Load n Go" offer is for Spend $30.00 get 50 AM , usually the coupon is the same.

stopped by safeway for one small thing i needed for dinner, only to learn its blue friday! (busy busy life means i haven't looked at flyers) i ended up spending 70 dollars, earned 310 air miles! about 25 dollars worth of my purchase went right to the food bank (12$ on pancake mix to earn 100 miles!) but i left feeling pretty good!

In BC, this weekend only, Thrifty's has spend $75 to get 95AM. I'm going to ring through at least twice to get those... maybe even a third time... might be lower than $75 though, but still worth it. It doesn't say anywhere only one/card holder, just one/transaction. The cashiers are used to me breaking up my purchases, but I also make sure that if I need to buy 4 things to get 20AM (or whatever), that those are all in the same transaction too, just to up it. I'll report back with my totals!

Put them through on separate orders, otherwise you'll only get 100, at least that's what happens at our Safeway.

Okay - the damage has been tallied!

First, I took one of my daughters with me so we could do two orders, and get double of some things, and also take advantage of the spend $100 get 100am.
Order #1 - spent $138.49, got 467 airmiles.
Order #2 - spent $124.43, got 506 airmiles.

THEN - my other daughter sent me a text with a copy of the Cadbury promo that must have been added on - Spend $20 on Cadbury Easter products, and get 100am!! So we went back, both forced ourselves to buy the large bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs and a little bag of Cadbury Easter Cream Eggs. 2 x 24.97 for 200am.

Grand total spent = $312.86
Grand total Airmiles = 1176!!

My second daughter and her husband will be going after work today (so they can do two orders as well), with her list alone she's looking at another 860 airmiles. So once these airmiles post that's just about another Universal pass!

party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter