Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question for those of you who are trying to meet the May targeted offer from MasterCard. Do you know if the date of purchase OR the posting date is what matters? We had a few purchases that happened on April 30th but didn't post till May 1st and without those we fall $125 short of the goal ... URGH, we really don't need anything, the car is full, grocery shopping is done, need nothing from Rexall ... it's been a pretty lean month for income so to buy something just for the sake of 160 AM is not terribly responsible :P
I'm retired BMO and unfortunately I have never had anything like this be anything other than purchase date. Sorry to tell you this but I think you may be out of luck unless you make further purchases for May. :(

*** update -- the duck had a rather brilliant thought .... We're going to buy a gift card for groceries!! Something we really need!
Last week, I stopped at Tim Hortons and used my BMO cc to pay. We-the server and I-jokingly said we'd put through enough charges to make my limit. lol Luckily, I actually had hit the 25. :thumbsup2

Last week, I stopped at Tim Hortons and used my BMO cc to pay. We-the server and I-jokingly said we'd put through enough charges to make my limit. lol Luckily, I actually had hit the 25. :thumbsup2
I did that for MM. I charged every little thing. I go to Tim's 3-4 times a week and every time charged my $1.80. I even broke up my groceries into 2 transactions. I had the 25 in about 10 days.

I did that for MM. I charged every little thing. I go to Tim's 3-4 times a week and every time charged my $1.80. I even broke up my groceries into 2 transactions. I had the 25 in about 10 days.

There is NOTHING I will not put on my cc. NOTHING! I figure that all those .99 purchases will add up to an air mile in no time plus it helps when things like the 25 transactions come about. I love how parking meters now use cc.

I haven't used AM to get Disney tickets before. I know that the discounted Canadian tickets are still available as Dream rewards. Can these tickets be reassigned later if they are linked to a MDE account?

It wasn't the # of transactions i had trouble with (currently sitting at 32 because YES, i charged everything!) it's the dollar value i had to meet for my targeted offer that came from Mastercard --- Spend $1600 in May and get 160 AM. Now if i could convince the hubby to go to Shell to see if they have any gift cards we need that would be a miracle :P

I haven't used AM to get Disney tickets before. I know that the discounted Canadian tickets are still available as Dream rewards. Can these tickets be reassigned later if they are linked to a MDE account?
Yes they can be added at any time you want. If they haven't been used you can even re-assign them to a different person on your account.

It wasn't the # of transactions i had trouble with (currently sitting at 32 because YES, i charged everything!) it's the dollar value i had to meet for my targeted offer that came from Mastercard --- Spend $1600 in May and get 160 AM. Now if i could convince the hubby to go to Shell to see if they have any gift cards we need that would be a miracle :P

You got a good deal on that one. I had to spend $3000 to get 160AM. If it hadn't been for the deposit on a car I never would have made it.

Missing 51am from Shell today, airmiles was scanned, $50 gc (usually 35am + 5 personal bonus) + gas (1am + 10am mm instore payment). Cashier said they should be on the receipt unless system was down, didn't even get 1 regular am for the gas. So either system was down or something went wrong. AM card was scanned last which isn't the usual order I give it in. I'll wait and see what if anything posts on my account this week.

I've done a few purchases this month where the Air Miles did not show up on the receipt but posted no problem a few days later. To my surprise.

My missing 51 Shell am from Sunday afternoon posted!! So happy, thank you @DilEmma!

You got a good deal on that one. I had to spend $3000 to get 160AM. If it hadn't been for the deposit on a car I never would have made it.
Since our primary card is the AMEX (the AM return is higher with that card 1 mile/$10 PLUS an extra because ours is Platinum AND extra when we shop at partners VS a straight up 1 mile/$20 with the MC) our usual amount on the MasterCard sits around $200/month. I guess it was a push to change our usage .. not happening except when we have these offers :P

Not really AM related but we were shopping in our Sobey's yesterday and they seem to have a new deal. Monday to Thursday if you buy $25 worth of meat (not really that difficult with the prices) you will get a $10 gift card. Last year they had a similar deal for buying fruits and veggies.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone is interested.

Went to Rexall yesterday. Since I very rarely shop there by load and go was spend 30 get 50 Airmiles.

I spent 40.32 and got 78 Airmiles with mega, load and salty snacks one lol the Cashier was like holy cow!

So mega miles I've done BMO, Shell, children's place, Rexall, Rona. I've also done Airmiles shop but then returned so they may not count. I will do staples as I need to get something amyways.

Went to Rexall yesterday. Since I very rarely shop there by load and go was spend 30 get 50 Airmiles.

I spent 40.32 and got 78 Airmiles with mega, load and salty snacks one lol the Cashier was like holy cow!

So mega miles I've done BMO, Shell, children's place, Rexall, Rona. I've also done Airmiles shop but then returned so they may not count. I will do staples as I need to get something amyways.
I wonder how your cashier would have reacted with some of MY hunting trips then ... rarely do i earn less than 3 X the miles.

You must not be aware of the weekly coupons.. if you check the first post you *should* (read if i remember but it's usually there by Monday night) find a link to the weekly offer. This week it was spend $30.00 get 50 AM which you can combine with your load n go offers.

Soggy Staples flyer just arrived -- wicked thunderstorms today -- if anyone needs a Roam SIM card they have a 10 AM bonus this week.

*** sorry for so many multiple posts this week but my multi-quote seems to be really fiddly lately

It's buried on the Airmiles site -- let me show you how to find these offers!!
On the main page go to Get Miles under your name
View attachment 240049
This screen will pop up, select "Offers & Promotions" and then "All Offers"
View attachment 240050
Here's the info on the Shell Offer. As others have mentioned you can do up to 5 transactions a day and each transaction can be a max of $100.00
View attachment 240052
It's so weird...when I go on the airmiles site that's not one of my offers??

It's so weird...when I go on the airmiles site that's not one of my offers??
It doesn't show up for me under "offers chosen for you" -- only under "all offers" and to further confuse the issue most of "my offers" are NOT in the "all offers" .... chalk it up to another AM oddity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter