Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just purchased a $100 gift card at shell today. I asked about the 7x am promo and they knew about it and they swiped my card but the am we're not on my receipt? Is that normal? Then I noticed my receipt is "macs" not shell. Did I lose the airmiles? :(
interesting. Recently I stopped at a shell in Hamilton. I was going to buy gift cards. I noticed the store was actually a Mac's, and I looked around for the 7x promo signage and saw none. This made me wonder if shopping at the Macs store would be different than at a shell station with a shell convenience store. So i decided not to even try. I drove out to the Ancaster shell where I knew it was not a Mac's. The air miles showed up on my receipt at purchase.

I am a newbie from SK - I tried searching the thread for an answer to my questions, but it all started to look the same after page 75! LOL.

I see references to "stacked" coupons. How does this work? All the coupons I see say cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.

I am a newbie from SK - I tried searching the thread for an answer to my questions, but it all started to look the same after page 75! LOL.

I see references to "stacked" coupons. How does this work? All the coupons I see say cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
HI there! :welcome:to the hunt, glad to have you with here! I do my best to provide a link to the first posted comment about the upcoming flyers on the first page. I also try to have the link to the coupon for Rexall there as well. If you have any questions though, don't be afraid to ask, we love to help each other maximize the programme!

The stacking you've been reading about has to do with Rexall --- yes, every single coupon clearly says "Cannot be combined with any other AIR MILES® store wide coupon or load+go offer" BUT that isn't the case. Just present every coupon you have, either in print form or on a mobile device, along with your card (that you have loaded your targeted LoadnGo offers to!) and they will appear on your receipt. Here's one of my more recent ones that shows all of the offers I used.

IMG_3331.JPG
and here's how it ended up posting the following day
upload_2017-6-1_0-3-33.png

Paging "Hdrolfe"
Please tell me there is something good at Sobeys?
I am hoping some GC for Father's day? (June 18th)
I'd even enjoy a airmiles sale on popsicles.
Hugs Mel
During our walk tonight we were chatting about our weekend plans and i mentioned the Metro flyer is full of diddly-squat and hubby glanced at me "did that woman post the Sobeys flyer yet?" He then mentioned it must almost be time for another frozen treat frenzy !!!

During our walk tonight we were chatting about our weekend plans and i mentioned the Metro flyer is full of diddly-squat and hubby glanced at me "did that woman post the Sobeys flyer yet?" He then mentioned it must almost be time for another frozen treat frenzy !!!
Love that you hubby is onboard. Mine doesn't quite get it....but then he can't keep straight that we don't get PC Points at Foodland. :rotfl:

Last edited:
Sobeys has a
buy 3 Pillers meat products and get 60 airmiles, I will probably do this one.
Just a note Kraft peanut butter is on sale at Sobeys $2.99 a jar.
Flyer here
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-june-2-to-8/all

Foodland Flyer here
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-june-2-to-8/all
If you use the Flipp app there is a $1 coupon for Pillers and you can print 2. Maybe you can find that coupon elsewhere....I don't know.

Sorry to have been MIA! Last night was super busy and I didn't get a chance to even glance at the flyers. I see it got posted, thank you! I'm also waiting for another frozen treats deal. Summer has sort of arrived (though it's only going to be 15 today so who would know it?) and my kiddo is asking for popsicles all the time.

It almost makes me want to get in the car and drive to Winnipeg or can I stop at Kenora :D:D. There is absolutely NOTHING here at any of the usual stores in Ontario (well OK there's the Pillers deals but that's only 60AM). I may have to go and walk the aisles at Sobeys but I'm not holding out much hope.

Enjoy the Blue Friday those lucky ducks out west. Happy hunting!

Congrats! You get a black Airmiles card and better access to flights. A slightly greater discount if you buy things from Airmiles (from time to time).

Congrats! You get a black Airmiles card and better access to flights. A slightly greater discount if you buy things from Airmiles (from time to time).
Funny thing is that I'm already in Onyx status, so I don't really believe that I will get "Even more benefits than before!" as their email suggests. I'm just happy to get such status again and so early in the year and it lasts all the way into March 2019 which is well after I take my Orlando Supertrip which I have been working on now for over a year.

I looked at the flyer and figure I would easily do 750AM if I was just buying things I would normally use

That's great!!!! I can only shop at shell or Safeway for AM here unless I drive 40 minutes or visit my daughter to go to a Rexall. And the Safeway AM here have been lacking...nothing that we use on a regular basis

Blue Friday for us out west tomorrow - FINALLY!!

I know...I did a Happy dance...and when I quickly skimmed it...there seem to be some good deals on things I use! I will probably do two shops to maximize the points. :jumping1:

Glad to receive this in my mailbox today...."It’s official; you’re an Onyx™ Collector! You earned 6,000 Miles this year, so you’ll have Onyx™ status until March 31, 2019. What does that mean for you? Even more benefits than before!" Just thought I'd celebrate with you all.

Anyone else mildly annoyed with the amount of $$ they must spend on those packages? Hubby used to work in the printing industry so we know the cost involved with producing embossed, glossy, heavy card-stock. And yearly cards??

***the frozen treat frenzy at Sobeys was the week of July 16 BTW. It was the first time we ventured that far and we spent $98.34 and snagged 527 AM (yes i keep receipts forever ... i have back to 2013, grouped, bagged & labelled. When you're self-employed it helps to track our spending!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter