Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I wonder how your cashier would have reacted with some of MY hunting trips then ... rarely do i earn less than 3 X the miles.

You must not be aware of the weekly coupons.. if you check the first post you *should* (read if i remember but it's usually there by Monday night) find a link to the weekly offer. This week it was spend $30.00 get 50 AM which you can combine with your load n go offers.

Went to Rexall and tried to stack the email coupon, Load and Go, and MM coupon. The cashier won't scan the MM coupon saying only one printed coupon can be used. I wouldn't want to argue and left with 100 AM (spent $35 with $5 survey coupon), but I thought many of you have stacked these 3 coupons this month. :confused3

Went to Rexall and tried to stack the email coupon, Load and Go, and MM coupon. The cashier won't scan the MM coupon saying only one printed coupon can be used. I wouldn't want to argue and left with 100 AM (spent $35 with $5 survey coupon), but I thought many of you have stacked these 3 coupons this month. :confused3
I don't print the coupon out -- i load it onto my Kindle and have them scan that -- but i did use that, the MM coupon and a couple of manufacturers coupons as well.If i use the $5.00 coupon it is always applied BEFORE the tax so i rarely use that one. There are a few cashiers that i avoid like the plague because they seem to have an aversion to coupons of any sort and get annoyed with me wanting to do more than one sale!

I don't print the coupon out -- i load it onto my Kindle and have them scan that -- but i did use that, the MM coupon and a couple of manufacturers coupons as well.If i use the $5.00 coupon it is always applied BEFORE the tax so i rarely use that one. There are a few cashiers that i avoid like the plague because they seem to have an aversion to coupons of any sort and get annoyed with me wanting to do more than one sale!

The survey coupon actually applies after tax and won't affect the dollar amount qualified for AM. I once paid less than $50 for the bonus 100 AM. ::yes::

I think what people are reporting is that they are seeing the bonus miles that are connected to each separate coupon posting -- I'll include a screenshot of my transactions and highlight the offers i know i've finished.

Staples.ca -- 2 coupons 1 for spending more than $75.00 AND it was my Airmiles shop purchase as well -- total sale was $178.00 this one I'm gonna have to trust works out -- it was slow with the STB promotion

Jacqueline, have you seen the 10x bonus miles post for this online Staples transaction?

I'm ready to hit "go" on an $80 order, but I don't know how to apply the coupon to an online purchase. The terms on the coupon doesn't say that it's in-store only, but it does have a code that the cashier is supposed to enter.

I should be good to go on the Mega Miles promotion without this purchase, but it's all stuff I'll need to buy before school starts in September anyway, so I might as well get the bonus miles.

I wonder how your cashier would have reacted with some of MY hunting trips then ... rarely do i earn less than 3 X the miles.

You must not be aware of the weekly coupons.. if you check the first post you *should* (read if i remember but it's usually there by Monday night) find a link to the weekly offer. This week it was spend $30.00 get 50 AM which you can combine with your load n go offers.

Darn it! I do remember reading that! I just never shop there as shoppers is closer and usually cheaper!

Jacqueline, have you seen the 10x bonus miles post for this online Staples transaction?

I'm ready to hit "go" on an $80 order, but I don't know how to apply the coupon to an online purchase. The terms on the coupon doesn't say that it's in-store only, but it does have a code that the cashier is supposed to enter.

I should be good to go on the Mega Miles promotion without this purchase, but it's all stuff I'll need to buy before school starts in September anyway, so I might as well get the bonus miles.
The extra miles haven't posted yet but i do know that the coupon showed on my on-line transaction exactly as it did on my mom's in-store receipt. When you complete your order there is a place to enter the coupon code, once you do it will show as value of 0.01 I've got my fingers crossed over this one very tightly because it was 2 coupons for me --- both Staples & the Airmiles shop

The survey coupon actually applies after tax and won't affect the dollar amount qualified for AM. I once paid less than $50 for the bonus 100 AM. ::yes::
Oh i know this is how those coupons *should* work but at all THREE of our stores they apply the coupon PRE-tax ...

The extra miles haven't posted yet but i do know that the coupon showed on my on-line transaction exactly as it did on my mom's in-store receipt. When you complete your order there is a place to enter the coupon code, once you do it will show as value of 0.01 I've got my fingers crossed over this one very tightly because it was 2 coupons for me --- both Staples & the Airmiles shop

Okay, thanks. I didn't see the place to enter the code, just my Air Miles number. I'll look again!

Sounds like you'll be okay if the coupon shows on your receipt. :)

Sobeys Atlantic flyer: Buy $200 gift cards, get 100 miles
Lawton's Drugs: Buy $150 gift cards, get 110 miles.

Nothing crazy in the flyers for offers, so hopefully I will find some aisle offers on the weekend.

Thank you all for all of the asistance, i just finished up my second Mega Miles (my parents and mine) with a decent haul at Rexall and I think my personal best for return! Spent $36, got 116 AM! Was able to use the spend $30, get 50 coupon from this thread, my load and go for the same also worked, as well as the MM 15 AM. Only thing I wasn't able to use was $5 off, as the main purchase was a box of diapers (on sale for $22, which is decent) and always needed. Diapers are hit and miss for whether they count or not (usually not), but for whatever reason, they worked for all 3 AM offers and only not for the $5, so definitely a successful trip for me!

Now to keep my receipts close and make sure the 1250 show up eventually....

I hope we get the GC Promo, I'm fresh out.

Even if we don't there is always the buy GC at shell option, get 75 AM for a $100 Sobeys GC, so even better than the in-store option! (I am clearly now an expert now that I have done it once.... but it was in Ottawa, if that counts for anything! :p)

Well, I have to share I just did my best Rexall yet.

I just finished a $30 shop.
It came to $33.70 after tax. Everything I purchased was very well to exceptionally priced.

I stacked:
$5 off $25 spend survey coupon
$10 off coupon from the weekend
Spend $30 Get 50 Air Miles from Load & Go
Spend $30 Get 50 Air Miles from the weekend receipt
Spend $30 Get 50 Air Miles from the email coupon
And the 15 Air Miles Mega Miles coupon

So, assuming I get at least $10 value for 95 Air Miles (I'd be unlikely to redeem otherwise), I earned $15 worth of Air Miles and used $15 off coupons. My shop came to $2.20 out of pocket. Absolutely crazy!

I do note that I should have started Load & Go much earlier. Always regrets. But they are mild ones.

Also, it's frustrating for some people and I feel your pain. These chain stores are inconsistent with the execution of promotions. My Rexall actually has the physical Mega Miles coupon and the email coupon right at the cash and all the cashiers I've encountered (without exception) scan those in automatically for customers. Without being asked. Regardless of whether I have them with me or not. I know I'm fortunate and certainly appreciate it.

So my son was at scouts yesterday, which is reeeeeal close to Sobeys, so I popped in, and oooh, they had the cereal buy 10 get 150 airmiles (I though that was over?), the granola bars buy 10 get 150, honey buy 1 giant, get 10, etc. I bought for 160$, and got 423 airmiles, plus another 100'ish from having bought the gift cards at Shell. Now sitting at 13700 airmiles - only 55400 to go to maximize the cruise savings before November, lol.

Thank you all for all of the asistance, i just finished up my second Mega Miles (my parents and mine) with a decent haul at Rexall and I think my personal best for return! Spent $36, got 116 AM! Was able to use the spend $30, get 50 coupon from this thread, my load and go for the same also worked, as well as the MM 15 AM. Only thing I wasn't able to use was $5 off, as the main purchase was a box of diapers (on sale for $22, which is decent) and always needed. Diapers are hit and miss for whether they count or not (usually not), but for whatever reason, they worked for all 3 AM offers and only not for the $5, so definitely a successful trip for me!

Now to keep my receipts close and make sure the 1250 show up eventually....

Great job!
I was drafting my post at the same time as you and didn't see yours until after. I certainly did not mean to one up your awesome achievement.

So my son was at scouts yesterday, which is reeeeeal close to Sobeys, so I popped in, and oooh, they had the cereal buy 10 get 150 airmiles (I though that was over?), the granola bars buy 10 get 150, honey buy 1 giant, get 10, etc. I bought for 160$, and got 423 airmiles, plus another 100'ish from having bought the gift cards at Shell. Now sitting at 13700 airmiles - only 55400 to go to maximize the cruise savings before November, lol.
Darn, I forgot about the cereal. I just got back from Sobeys.
I think yours is the most ambitious target I've seen yet!

Even if we don't there is always the buy GC at shell option, get 75 AM for a $100 Sobeys GC, so even better than the in-store option! (I am clearly now an expert now that I have done it once.... but it was in Ottawa, if that counts for anything! :p)

Were you able to use your credit card to purchase the Sobeys GC or did you have to use debit? Did the AM show up on your receipt?

I just purchased a $100 gift card at shell today. I asked about the 7x am promo and they knew about it and they swiped my card but the am we're not on my receipt? Is that normal? Then I noticed my receipt is "macs" not shell. Did I lose the airmiles? :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter