AIRMILES BONUS BOOM BOOST (B3) Earn up to 800 miles

Amazon is so frustrating. How do you know what category an item is listed in? Sometimes it shows above the picture (ie, Beauty & Personal Care›Hair Care›Styling Accessories›Ponytail Holders) and other times there is nothing.
I agree. I only order from Amazon if it’s an item I can’t get somewhere else or it is cheaper there. I don’t use it as an offer for any promo so it’s a bonus if I happen to get miles from them. Too confusing and disappointing otherwise.

Amazon is so frustrating. How do you know what category an item is listed in? Sometimes it shows above the picture (ie, Beauty & Personal Care›Hair Care›Styling Accessories›Ponytail Holders) and other times there is nothing.
If you are using a desktop/laptop, you check the top bar and it lists the department/category and sub-category of an item. This is easier to locate.

When you are using your phone or the mobile view, you cannot find this info on the top. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page until you see the “You are here” section. Then you will see the category info. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Do you think Tools & Home Improvement count? 626600

Would that be consider the "home" category? Or "Electronic components" category?

Anything showing up under "Home & Kitchen" would be considered "home" right?

There's stuff I have to order from Amazon anyways so I guess I will just have to try.

Do you think Tools & Home Improvement count? View attachment 626600

Would that be consider the "home" category? Or "Electronic components" category?

Anything showing up under "Home & Kitchen" would be considered "home" right?

There's stuff I have to order from Amazon anyways so I guess I will just have to try.
NO! Home Improvement are a category other months and tools are separate as well see below I take a screenshot at the beginning of each month there seems to be about 3 separate ones they rotate thru so if you can wait a few days it might pop up in December AND there will be a multiplier on Boxing day.

Here's the list from August and you can see it was included here

Notice the caution about NOT getting Airmiles if you use the Amazon APP.

Please note:
Included categories have changed as of November 1, 2021.
(This List will change Wednesday Dec 1st 2021).
You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

Included categories*:

Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Amazon Cloud Cam
Baby & Nursery (Diapers, Wipes, Formula are excluded)
Business & Industrial Supplies
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Electronic Components & Home Audio
Fire Tablets
Fire TV Devices
Furniture
Handmade
Headphones
Home
Home Entertainment
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Luggage
Major Appliances
Musical Instruments
Office & School Supplies (Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets are excluded)
Patio, Lawn & Garden
Pet Food & Supplies
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags, Wallets, Sunglasses
Software
Watches

*categories are subject to change at any time

If you're like me and ended up kicking yourself because you neglected to complete your online shopping before midnight, fear not! Cyber Week with 15x sitewide for the win :P I just updated post #5 with all the new/ongoing multipliers the individual stores also have, so if you're still hoping to get an order or 2 in before shipping deadlines pass, have a look to see if anything is on the list and get clicking!

this week's in app offer for
Metro is Irresistible ICE CREAM!!! Hubby will be thrilled to see 2 cartons of the pistachio come into the house, plus my Blueberries are on sale for 3.99, I'll easily do the $20 threshold yet again!

yup, reading flyers at 4:30 in the morning once again 🥴

Those who shopped Metro, did it post as bonus boom on airmiles.ca? My Metro shop posted, but it just reads bonus reward miles on product.

Hi all. Wondering your thoughts on whether regular Selection products will work for the Spend 20 deal at Metro?

The reason I ask is that the regular Selection label is in the photo, but the Terms and Conditions only say Selection Premium, Lifesmart, and Irresistables.

Also wanted to flag that there is an Irresistables line of spices!
Hi! Wanted to answer my own question. My husband bought one regular Selection product along with Irresistibles for the $20 Metro offer. The coupon went through just fine. So regular Selection products should work!

So it's official.....I have fallen off the AM wagon and been dragged under the wheels. I did not opt in for the Shell offers on DD's card BUT didn't I go for gas and lottery tickets this morning. I was thinking that I was doing really well and staying on top of things.

I am so excited. I can never get the Airmiles shoppes to work correctly on my computer so last night I ordered via the app on my phone and the miles and the bonus boom miles have already posted to my account. Whew now 4 down only 4 more to go.
My airmilesshops bonus boom bonus posted correctly so I'm counting that a win as those seem to be the ones I usually have to chase. I had 3 of the Sobeys offers post but not the multiplier and think it is because of the flyer threshold spend that was posted instead. Still happy as that shop still garnered 424 miles.
I ordered online on Sunday on my Mom's card and the miles and the bonus miles have already posted.
Curious as to what the posting says on your account so I can add it to the post on the first page.

Let me know if there's anything you can add to the chart in post #7 after you've completed an offer :D

I was all set to start today, and amazon is having issues, now I can't log in to airmiles either... I should be going to Shell and Metro today but I'm a little worried none of it will work. Not a great start!

I was all set to start today, and amazon is having issues, now I can't log in to airmiles either... I should be going to Shell and Metro today but I'm a little worried none of it will work. Not a great start!
Unless it's something you need from Amazon (Christmas present maybe?) try and wait it out because there will be at least one more sitewide multiplier before Christmas and then again on Boxing day.

There's a notice on the top of the app that says they're dealing with service disruptions (REALLY?! it's been ongoing since about 5 am) I wouldn't attempt any shopping today because none of my offers are showing up as saved so I doubt it would work out. Sorry you've been caught in the glitch.
Amazon and The Bay are acting up for me as well, and my email keeps crapping out so I think there's a server issue somewhere

Unless it's something you need from Amazon (Christmas present maybe?) try and wait it out because there will be at least one more sitewide multiplier before Christmas and then again on Boxing day.

There's a notice on the top of the app that says they're dealing with service disruptions (REALLY?! it's been ongoing since about 5 am) I wouldn't attempt any shopping today because none of my offers are showing up as saved so I doubt it would work out. Sorry you've been caught in the glitch.
Amazon and The Bay are acting up for me as well, and my email keeps crapping out so I think there's a server issue somewhere

I had to order something for Thursday (kiddo's b-day), it's pay day so easy come, and poof! easy go... but I will wait on anything more online. And perhaps wait until tomorrow for groceries and gas. Not leaving the house is a good idea too lol. Though we do really need groceries! I was going to Metro to get 2 offers done there, and 2 or 3 at Shell. Any way... will wait and see. Hopefully Amazon Alexa comes back soon, I can't even control my lights any more (I know, they all still have switches lol).

I had to order something for Thursday (kiddo's b-day), it's pay day so easy come, and poof! easy go... but I will wait on anything more online. And perhaps wait until tomorrow for groceries and gas. Not leaving the house is a good idea too lol. Though we do really need groceries! I was going to Metro to get 2 offers done there, and 2 or 3 at Shell. Any way... will wait and see. Hopefully Amazon Alexa comes back soon, I can't even control my lights any more (I know, they all still have switches lol).
If I'm able to make it past Sunday without groceries I do my best to push past Tuesday. That way I can look at the flyers and decide which one will give me better bang for my buck and/or more miles to shop on Wednesday or Thursday. Luckily we have a large freezer or we'd have more than a few scary meals on Wednesdays :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter