• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK or Epcot for 3 year old

Animal Kingdom! Epcot is great, but if choosing between the two I think AK is so much more appealing to children even visually. The animal trails, the Boneyard, Wilderness Explorers, Finding Nemo, the safari, Triceratops, Kali, Navi, and the new bird show will likely be enjoyable for a 3yo. It's a much more relaxing park than the others. It's not a half-day park for my family. In fact, we try to visit twice during our trips. I think those who think of it that way are not taking in all the park has to offer. I think they're only hitting the major attractions and leaving.

With a 3 year old, unless you yourself want to see something new, I would just plan to do both days at MK. It will make for a much more relaxing trip knowing you have 2 days to play there. And at the end of the first day if you feel like you both want something different you can always change your mind.

I agree that it's a toss up. Not sure how tall your 3 year old is? My kids are tiny. Took forever to get them on Kali River Rapids and I felt like I'd never get my youngest on Soarin. So take that into consideration.

In either park if you feel like the attractions just aren't doing it for your 3 year old that day you have the shows and characters. Plus you have the Wilderness Explorers scavenger hut thing at AK and the Passports to fill at Epcot. If he isn't digging the Passports at Epcot try the phineas and ferb (Agent P) scavenger hunt on your phone. You hunt for things then push the "ok" button on your phone to set off various special effects around the world.

You can't go wrong either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter