AKV Jambo 1 BR and the fantastic Disney Waterparks! (update 8/1) Complete

We haven't tried BW yet, it's on the list but I'm not crazy about the room decor. I think the resort itself is beautiful but the rooms look a little dated to me. But I think that might be the theme, not sure. We were absolutely in love with our room this trip, so glad we finally experienced a 1BR. Having the kitchen and laundry was fantastic. Even though it was a short trip we did laundry every day. Not to mention having the extra room was wonderful. Not like we needed it but I've pretty much decided to do 1BRs on future trips with mom, it was really nice.

My thoughts exactly!!! I might have been looking at old pictures, but the regular room décor at BWI looks much better than the villas. I'll be doing some more research on this ;)

Don't worry, they have the donuts at TL too :)

Well then....it's a must-do for sure!!! Love em'!!!

What a nice day. I haven't been to Typhone yet. I have toured Blizzard Beach, but never actually played there. I know my Daughter would love it.

Hi Pam i'm here!

Slowly trying to catch back up with everyone's TR's. Subscribing and will be back to read!:)

What a nice day. I haven't been to Typhone yet. I have toured Blizzard Beach, but never actually played there. I know my Daughter would love it.

We fell in love with the waterparks. I'll definitely be planning more trips in hot months to utilize them more. It was a perfect day.

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for the time between updates, hoping to get one up in the next few days. Hope everyone is doing well :)

My thoughts exactly!!! I might have been looking at old pictures, but the regular room décor at BWI looks much better than the villas. I'll be doing some more research on this ;)

Let me know when you decide :) it's still on my list, would love to be close to all those delicious restaurants.

Well then....it's a must-do for sure!!! Love em'!!!

Oh yes, you guys would love it!

Wow what a score on the view! Can't believe that's not classified as a savannah view? What is that little area anyway? It looks like a holding area or something.

I would love to go to a water park someday. But I have a thing about water parks. I remember you mentioned you wore sandals, but is it a requirement? I have a thing about feet :rotfl: and pee filled water! But I was checking out the maps for the water parks months ago and thought how fun it would be to check it out.

Aw man did I tell you! I went to Ghiradelli's at Disneyland when you mentioned the Toffee Cookie, and they don't make them here anymore :eek: I was so excited to try it too and so was my mom. Glad to hear they're still over at WDW though :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for the time between updates, hoping to get one up in the next few days. Hope everyone is doing well :)

No worries! When people update too much too often I get way behind. I'm really busy, but I took Sunday off and today I'm sort of taking some time off, at least from manual labor. I've been paying bills and I'm about to run out and do some errands.

Wow what a score on the view! Can't believe that's not classified as a savannah view? What is that little area anyway? It looks like a holding area or something.

It's a "people pen". A holding area for fires and other emergencies. They can't have people just running out onto the Savannah in the case of a fire, so they can go there to escape if necessary.

It's one of the reclassified rooms, I think you had one too. It has a savannah view, but not good enough that people who paid with points for a savannah view were happy with it. Now it's a score for folks with a standard view.

It's a "people pen". A holding area for fires and other emergencies. They can't have people just running out onto the Savannah in the case of a fire, so they can go there to escape if necessary.

It's one of the reclassified rooms, I think you had one too. It has a savannah view, but not good enough that people who paid with points for a savannah view were happy with it. Now it's a score for folks with a standard view.

I just LOL'ed and chocked on my quinoa! But this makes perfect sense. Man, they think of everything.

Thanks for the TR! We are headed down there this Friday for our first DVC trip and first time at AKL:banana: can't wait. We are in a Studio Savanna view this time and next April are in a 2BR Savanna. Going to be great to check it out but thanks again for the preview!!!:cool1:

We were blown away by the view. I saw Alison explained the pen :) let people complain, we saw tons of animals. It wasn't as pretty as an Arusha view, but it was still amazing.

I would love to go to a water park someday. But I have a thing about water parks. I remember you mentioned you wore sandals, but is it a requirement? I have a thing about feet :rotfl: and pee filled water! But I was checking out the maps for the water parks months ago and thought how fun it would be to check it out.

Let me tell you. I have a certain phobia about wet hair and trash so I kept my sandals with me. But the waterparks were immaculate. Sandals aren't required though so you'd still have bare feet everywhere. You mustn't think about the water, they put enough cleaners in to kill any germs.

They were so much fun!

Aw man did I tell you! I went to Ghiradelli's at Disneyland when you mentioned the Toffee Cookie, and they don't make them here anymore :eek: I was so excited to try it too and so was my mom. Glad to hear they're still over at WDW though :thumbsup2

You did indeed! I would never have even known they existed if not for you! Mom and I both had been thinking about them for three months, since the March trip :rotfl:

Now hold on a minute. They don't have cookies anymore or they don't have the toffee ones?

No worries! When people update too much too often I get way behind. I'm really busy, but I took Sunday off and today I'm sort of taking some time off, at least from manual labor. I've been paying bills and I'm about to run out and do some errands.

Thank you :goodvibes

I'm glad you took some time to recoup. You've been busy!

Thanks for the TR! We are headed down there this Friday for our first DVC trip and first time at AKL:banana: can't wait. We are in a Studio Savanna view this time and next April are in a 2BR Savanna. Going to be great to check it out but thanks again for the preview!!!:cool1:

Congratulations on your first DVC trip!!!! That's so exciting :) you're going to love AKL! Are you staying Jambo House or Kidani?

No apologies necessary:thumbsup2 Unfortunately there is life outside of Disney :laughing:

Let me know when you decide :) it's still on my list, would love to be close to all those delicious restaurants.

I still have BWV on my ticker....but I'm seriously considering BLT....love, love, love the MK area....who knows??!!! :upsidedow

How did I miss your Typhoon Lagoon update?

FYI on the mugs, you can use any Disney refillable mug to refill with ice and water. :thumbsup2 We brought our TL mug to BB, checked with the CM, and had no issues. We drink a lot of water.

You tried the sand pail? We still haven't tried it. It's always so warm and nobody wants ice cream. I live with crazy people. :laughing:

I love the water parks too. Another one of Disney's best kept secrets. :cool1:

Day 2 continued:

I left off with us returning to the resort after a fabulous day at Typhoon Lagoon and DTD. It was truly one of the most relaxing days at Disney. Both of us decided we’ll definitely be returning to the waterparks, they have such a different feeling than the other parks. I never heard parents being mad at children, never heard children crying from exhaustion. Everyone was in a good mood and having fun together, it was great.

Back at the resort we trudged up to the room. We had been contemplating going to HS that night, I think they were open until 11:00 but we were a bit tired and didn’t want to push it. HS opened at 8:00 the next morning and we just decided to go then. Since we were still in our bathing suits we decided to head down and relax in the hot tubs before getting dinner. We went to the room to drop off our bags and I went to check out the animals before heading down.

We went around to the smaller hot tub first but it was fully occupied so we went to the next one. We stopped at the flamingos. Not good photos but proof of our stop.

Love the pool area at night

When we got to the big hot tub it was occupied by young guys. Neither of us felt like joining them, we were wanting a more relaxing hot tub experience. We just decided to grab dinner at the Mara and head up to watch a movie. We put in our order and then went to wait outside, they keep it as cold as the arctic tundra in there! We asked a passing CM if the beepers worked outside but he didn’t know. We ended up having a fantastic conversation with him while waiting for our food. His name was Steven, currently working in custodial, and hoping to become an Imagineer. He was great, so full of life and optimistic. I left hoping all his dreams would come true. The beeper did work outside, after collecting the food we said our goodbyes to Steven and went back up to the room.

We had a vegetarian flatbread, which is mouth watering delicious!

And finally managed to try the much talked about Zebra Domes. While good they were too rich for me. I think it was the white chocolate that made it too much.

We watched the original Alice in Wonderland while we ate. I had only recently discovered mom had never seen either movie and while I knew she would love the new one she absolutely had to watch the old one to appreciate it. I had brought some microwave popcorn and we each had a bag while watching the movie. Mom managed to stay awake the whole time and did enjoy it. She admitted she thought it was bizarre at times, but I assured her she needed to see it before the other one.

I decided to enjoy the Jacuzzi tub before retiring for the evening. Oh my, how fabulous to have a soaking tub in the room! I was worried trying the 1BR would ruin us and I’m afraid to say my worries were founded. After my soak I caught up in the journal and went to sleep around 11:30.

Plans for tomorrow, go to HS at 8:00. Would we make it?

No apologies necessary:thumbsup2 Unfortunately there is life outside of Disney :laughing:

Thank you :goodvibes it's just so inconvenient!

I still have BWV on my ticker....but I'm seriously considering BLT....love, love, love the MK area....who knows??!!! :upsidedow

uh oh! :) the only time I've stayed near MK was at the WL but we didn't go to the parks. I can't wait for December and the VGF to appreciate being near MK!

How did I miss your Typhoon Lagoon update?

FYI on the mugs, you can use any Disney refillable mug to refill with ice and water. :thumbsup2 We brought our TL mug to BB, checked with the CM, and had no issues. We drink a lot of water.

Oh bummer! I took the sticker with the barcode off. Or do you have to ask them to fill it for you? No worries! I read your TL day after I wrote mine and it seems like we had an equally fantastic day.

You tried the sand pail? We still haven't tried it. It's always so warm and nobody wants ice cream. I live with crazy people. :laughing:

Nobody wants ice cream!? That just seems wrong :rotfl: No, we didn't try it, we had every intention to but then saw them making one for somebody else. We would have to eat it on an empty stomach it was so big. And then I realized I didn't have the camera, when I have a Sand Pail it must be documented!

I love the water parks too. Another one of Disney's best kept secrets. :cool1:

I agree, they were so much fun :) I'll be planning more vacations in hot months to take advantage of the waterparks.

It sounds like you had a lovely relaxing evening. What a shame though that the hot tubs were so busy.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter