AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

Was that a new declaration (units 60 A-D and 61 A-F) on 4/4/2012 for Kidani?

12 two bedroom units.

Will the declarations have any club level units in jambo?

There is just too few club levels for anyone to get them.

12 more two-bedroom villas were recently added to the DVC inventory at AKV. With this latest declaration, 77.60% of the AKV resort has been declared for the DVC membership.

More information is available here: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/re...ews/1923-new-animal-kingdom-point-declaration

AKV04-04Dec.jpg

April 2012 was a very good month for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. In the month, 177,464 AKV points were sold, which is the most points sold for AKV since at least late 2009 when I began tracking sales. Among the nine DVC resorts for which I track sales (data is not available for VGC or Aulani), AKV was the sales leader, with Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort a distant second with 40,258 points.

Disney Vacation Development has sold 69.44% of AKV's points and has about 2.1 million more points it can sell to the general public. If AKV sales continue at the current rate (and that is a pretty big IF), AKV could be sold out in about a year.

During April, DVD made two declarations of additional points for the Membership inventory at AKV. DVD has now declared 80.25% of the resort for the membership, meaning that on any given Use Day members can use points to book up to 80.25% of AKV. The reminder of 19.75% belongs to DVD and can be used by it however it desires. The fact that DVD made two declarations in a month is highly unusual. DVD made only one AKV declaration in all of 2009, two declarations in 2010, and only three in 2011.

AKVContracts.jpg

With 197,087 points sold, AKV had a very good month for sales in May 2012. The current "Buy 100 Points, Get 20 Points Free" incentive seems to be attracting a lot of new buyers and add-on buyers. It will be interesting to see how AKV sales adjust once the current incentive expires.

The December Use Year appears to be the default UY that DVD is selling unless a buyer specially requests another UY. DVD started using several new Units to support sales and most were assigned the December UY. That UY, by the way, is the most prevalent at AKV.

More information about DVC Direct Sales is available here: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/1975-monthly-sales-data-for-may-2012

AKVMay2012.jpg

On June 13, 2012, Disney Vacation Development declared the equivalent of 10 more two-bedroom villas for the DVC inventory. DVD has now declared 82.45% of AKV for the DVC. This means that on any given Use Day Members can book up to but not exceeding 82.45% of AKV using points. The remaining 17.55% of AKV is owned and controlled by DVD and not available to the DVC.

AKV sales have averaged over 117,000 points a month in 2012. If AKV's sales continue at that rate, then another declaration of Units will probably be needed before the end of this Summer.

Does anyone know how many standard units there are at Kidani? They used to break it down once they got declared, but I didn't see a post like that since 2010. Thank you in advance! I know I've seen the information somewhere!

Does anyone know how many standard units there are at Kidani? They used to break it down once they got declared, but I didn't see a post like that since 2010. Thank you in advance! I know I've seen the information somewhere!

I haven't tracked the breakout of villas by view category at Kidani, so I don't know how many vacation homes there are in the Standard or Savanna View categories at Kidani. If anyone has that information, I'd like to know it, too.

I haven't tracked the breakout of villas by view category at Kidani, so I don't know how many vacation homes there are in the Standard or Savanna View categories at Kidani. If anyone has that information, I'd like to know it, too.

Thank you! Hopefully someone knows. Just trying to determine if my studio waitlist would be better off at Kidani than OKW! You've been extremely helpful with the declared units!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas is the current focus of DVD's marketing efforts. In July 2012, DVD sold 151,802 points at AKV, the fifth consecutive month that AKV sales led all DVC resorts at WDW.

DVD still has about 1.64 million AKV points it can sell. If sales continue at their current pace, AKV could be sold out in less than a year.

In July, DVD made two declarations of additional AKV points for the DVC inventory. This is somewhat unusual, but it shows that sales are expected to be strong for the foreseeable future. To date, DVD has declared 88.63% of AKV for the DVC membership.

The December Use Year is still the predominant Use Year at AKV. But recently, DVD has been placing more new buyers in the February UY. Since May 2012, the percentage of February UY points has increased from 11.49% to 13.88%

More information about monthly sales can be found by clicking here.

AKVContract-July2012.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter