All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

That is a great week! We own week 49 at CCV. During those first two weeks of December airfare is cheap and weather is great. I’m surprised there are fixed weeks left for week 48 ( is 49 also available?).

I haven't asked, so that's another factor. We're trying to figure out if it makes sense for us before I contact DVC.

I got the FW deal.. if I want to use the points this year for another trip I can use the points online.. then what happens at the 11th month before the FW? It will take automatically the points from the other reserve? It will borrow them from next year?
Or simply if the points are used, they assume I am not using the FW room?
Thanks

I got the FW deal.. if I want to use the points this year for another trip I can use the points online.. then what happens at the 11th month before the FW? It will take automatically the points from the other reserve? It will borrow them from next year?
Or simply if the points are used, they assume I am not using the FW room?
Thanks

It only books your FW if you have all your points from the FW. If you had used, borrowed, or banked any of those points then it will not get booked.

That is based on a couple people who own at CCV. I have not went through a FW booking as of yet and won't for another year since I banked all my points this year.

It only books your FW if you have all your points from the FW. If you had used, borrowed, or banked any of those points then it will not get booked.

That is based on a couple people who own at CCV. I have not went through a FW booking as of yet and won't for another year since I banked all my points this year.

That's right, and as another note, the FW will be booked only with current year points. It doesn't matter if you bank points, the FW will never be booked with those banked points even if you have enough to do so.

That's right, and as another note, the FW will be booked only with current year points. It doesn't matter if you bank points, the FW will never be booked with those banked points even if you have enough to do so.
Ok.. then.. if for any reason I end up cancelling the other trip and want the FW but I am already closer to the checking date...say 90days before... will Disney still accept the FW request?

Ok.. then.. if for any reason I end up cancelling the other trip and want the FW but I am already closer to the checking date...say 90days before... will Disney still accept the FW request?

No you don't choose the FW or not really. You either have your points untouched or not. When they go through the list of FWs for that week either you qualify and they book the room or not from my understanding.

No you don't choose the FW or not really. You either have your points untouched or not. When they go through the list of FWs for that week either you qualify and they book the room or not from my understanding.
Only at the 11 months window? O could we get it later?

MS sets aside the FW rooms ahead of the 11 month window. They may or may not book it until after the 11 month window opens. However, if you don't have the points, they simply release the room they have for you to general booking.

That is a great week! We own week 49 at CCV. During those first two weeks of December airfare is cheap and weather is great. I’m surprised there are fixed weeks left for week 48 ( is 49 also available?).
I can't say if they do NOW, but back in September, weeks 1,2,42,43,44,48,49 and 52 were available at CCV, RIV and Poly in studios, when I had inquired.

At the 11 month window plus or minus about a week based on reports.
MS sets aside the FW rooms ahead of the 11 month window. They may or may not book it until after the 11 month window opens. However, if you don't have the points, they simply release the room they have for you to general booking.

Back in September, I bought fixed week 44 at Riviera. In 2021 it starts on 10/31 and they just booked it on 11/03/20 at almost 12 months.

So Disney just filled my FW 48 this week right around 12 months from check-in. Just a heads up on timing of when they are booking the rooms.

Also I dont know if this is new but it looks like I can cancel online now. I think I remember reading in the past you had to call instead. So possibly a little more streamlining from Disney.

Or do you need to call to get all your points back?

So Disney just filled my FW 48 this week right around 12 months from check-in. Just a heads up on timing of when they are booking the rooms.

Also I dont know if this is new but it looks like I can cancel online now. I think I remember reading in the past you had to call instead. So possibly a little more streamlining from Disney.

Or do you need to call to get all your points back?
If it allows you to cancel online that is new. I had to talk with MS and get them to manually cancel this Decembers trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter