All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

So Disney just filled my FW 48 this week right around 12 months from check-in. Just a heads up on timing of when they are booking the rooms.

Also I dont know if this is new but it looks like I can cancel online now. I think I remember reading in the past you had to call instead. So possibly a little more streamlining from Disney.

Or do you need to call to get all your points back?
Interesting... I also have fixed week 48 in Riviera preferred studio but mine is not showing yet. More than a month after you got yours! We don’t plan on using it since I banked my 2020 points, but I want to see how the whole thing works. Particularly because one of the days is currently not available.

Didn't read every one of the posts...hope it was not asked...How about previous year's points? for example, My UY is Oct., if i buy points directly now, I will get 2020 points, if I go for fixed week, will i get the same?

Didn't read every one of the posts...hope it was not asked...How about previous year's points? for example, My UY is Oct., if i buy points directly now, I will get 2020 points, if I go for fixed week, will i get the same?

Yes, you would get the points. And if you were within the 11 month booking window for the week you were purchasing, which is fairly likely at this point, and it happened to not be available then you would also just get the points for 2021 and the fixed week would start in 2022.

Curious how long did it take after points loaded for your fixed week reservation to be made?

Bought week 40 (1st week of Oct) SV studio plus a supplemental contract (70 pts) last week. Points finally loaded today, but no reservation for 2021 yet. I know there is no availability except 1 day that week, but since all the inventory at RIV has not been declared, MS should be able to book that week. Should I give it a few days or just call MS tomorrow? TIA.

Curious how long did it take after points loaded for your fixed week reservation to be made?

Bought week 40 (1st week of Oct) SV studio plus a supplemental contract (70 pts) last week. Points finally loaded today, but no reservation for 2021 yet. I know there is no availability except 1 day that week, but since all the inventory at RIV has not been declared, MS should be able to book that week. Should I give it a few days or just call MS tomorrow? TIA.

Were you told you would receive the fixed week for 2020? Often if they sell it past the 11 month booking window they will just have to give you points instead of the week and your first fixed week would start in 2022. I'd have expected for your guide to confirm one way or the other though. DVC can't pull from undeclared units for a point stay so they'd have to have the dates otherwise set aside from what is already declared.

You will not get the fixed week in 2021. If you want to go that week, make a waitlist or plan to book something else at 7 months.

The contract for fixed weeks states the first year is contingent on availiability if within the 11 month window. There's nothing available so MS will not book it.

Does anyone know all the underlying FW #s for the runDisney events? The only one I know for certain is Wine & Dine (which is FW #44) as I own it.

Marathon - FW #1
Princess - FW #7
Star Wars - FW #15
Wine & Dine - FW #44

(Edited to update Marathon is FW#1, Princess is FW#7, and Star Wars is FW #15).

Last edited:
I thought all rundisney was the same week if cancelled which is week 44
No, the underlying week is different for each runDisney event, corresponding to the week closest/most often the week the event falls on. It's Week #44 for Wine & Dine. I just got confirmed that Princess is Week #7.

I thought all rundisney was the same week if cancelled which is week 44

I'm confused on what you're saying here. Run Disney events happen in Jan, Feb, April and November. If a person cancels the week they become points in their UY. The UY actually could be any of the 8 no matter when the Run Disney event is that they bought for. And if the Run Disney event is canceled it should still correspond to a week that the event originally was.

Does anyone know all the underlying FW #s for the runDisney events? The only one I know for certain is Wine & Dine (which is FW #44) as I own it.

Marathon - FW #1 (?)
Princess - FW #7
Star Wars - FW #
Wine & Dine - FW #44

(Edited to update Princess is FW#7).

I found one poster who bought for marathon weekend and the underlying fixed week was Week #1

I found one poster who bought for marathon weekend and the underlying fixed week was Week #1

That sounds right to me. Not the best week for Marathon weekend I don't think, week 2 would be better. But at least you can be flexible with the booking.

Marathon - FW #1 (?)
Princess - FW #7
Star Wars - FW #
Wine & Dine - FW #44

(Edited to update Princess is FW#7).

I would guess Star Wars is week 16.

My guide confirmed the dates for me:

Marathon - FW #1 118
Princess - FW #7 140
Star Wars - FW #15 162
Wine & Dine - FW #44 118

Thanks for confirming! So the FW points costs for a studio are 118, 140, 162 (yikes), and 118, respectively. Added to the quote.

In terms of the 2022 points charts, week 1 retains the same 10% premium (booking it normally still costs 107 points). If my math is right, week 7 is 129 points - it crosses seasons. Week 15 is solidly a great value, as a normal booking is 183 points. And week 44 is also a good value, as a normal booking is 121 points.

I have read through this thread and my head is spinning. I have been contemplating buying small contracts at RIV and/or CCV. I just discovered this thread. My original plan was to get some points resale for CCV, and buy RIV new. The RIV just appeals to me alll across the board, and I would like to stay there during food and wine. CCV I would want to stay in the first week of December I think. So, the plan was to alternate years with banking and borrowing, using smaller contracts to make up the one week, if you know what I mean.
BUT
With Rivs very restrictive resale conditions, I can see it may be wise to get a GW for it. But getting CCV in early December is going to be very hard too. We typically would want a 1 bedroom. We would not do both a September trip and a December trip in one year, but we might do two trips a year, one in fall/winter, one in spring/summer. Is the one bedroom at CCV as hard to book as the studio?

if I bank my GW week from RIV, the following year my GW would pull current points, and leave my banked points on the dashboard? Is that correct?
Also, under the circumstances, would you think it’s more of a priority to get a GW at riviera then at CCV? I would not get two GW, one at each resort, wish I could!
Any opinions or advice is appreciated!

With Rivs very restrictive resale conditions, I can see it may be wise to get a GW for it.

I would not say this is a definitive statement. There has been no evidence to this point GWs command any kind of premium via resale. In fact, the rare times they come up for sale, they tend to sit on the market a while and sell for less than contracts with similar numbers of points. Buy a GW because it makes sense for you and your situation, not because of any perceived notion it'll be easier to sell.

But getting CCV in early December is going to be very hard too. We typically would want a 1 bedroom. We would not do both a September trip and a December trip in one year, but we might do two trips a year, one in fall/winter, one in spring/summer. Is the one bedroom at CCV as hard to book as the studio?

A 1-bedroom is easier than a studio, but in early December everything at CCV/BRV goes fast. But a 1-bedroom December GW is going to cost you at least 227 points (or 240 points for week 50, more for 51/52). It's not going to be cheap.

if I bank my GW week from RIV, the following year my GW would pull current points, and leave my banked points on the dashboard? Is that correct?

That is correct. GWs use only current UY points, not banked or borrowed.

Also, under the circumstances, would you think it’s more of a priority to get a GW at riviera then at CCV? I would not get two GW, one at each resort, wish I could!
Any opinions or advice is appreciated!

Given what you've said, I'm not sure a GW makes sense for you at all. I wouldn't buy a GW for resale value; only buy a GW at Riviera if you are trying to secure a limited booking category (standard studio) during a difficult time to book (October through December). September tends to be busy because of Food and Wine as well, but it doesn't book as quickly as later months.

I also wouldn't pay the price for a GW for a 1 bedroom. If you are shooting for early December CCV, a 1 bedroom is the second easiest room to book (behind a Cabin). They are sometimes walked and often go fast, but they are much more possible than a CCV studio or 2 bedroom. If you are willing to walk a couple of weeks in advance, you will likely not have any problem securing a 1 bedroom. It's possible walking will not be necessary at all.

I would not say this is a definitive statement. There has been no evidence to this point GWs command any kind of premium via resale. In fact, the rare times they come up for sale, they tend to sit on the market a while and sell for less than contracts with similar numbers of points. Buy a GW because it makes sense for you and your situation, not because of any perceived notion it'll be easier to sell.

A 1-bedroom is easier than a studio, but in early December everything at CCV/BRV goes fast. But a 1-bedroom December GW is going to cost you at least 227 points (or 240 points for week 50, more for 51/52). It's not going to be cheap.

That is correct. GWs use only current UY points, not banked or borrowed.

Given what you've said, I'm not sure a GW makes sense for you at all. I wouldn't buy a GW for resale value; only buy a GW at Riviera if you are trying to secure a limited booking category (standard studio) during a difficult time to book (October through December). September tends to be busy because of Food and Wine as well, but it doesn't book as quickly as later months.

I also wouldn't pay the price for a GW for a 1 bedroom. If you are shooting for early December CCV, a 1 bedroom is the second easiest room to book (behind a Cabin). They are sometimes walked and often go fast, but they are much more possible than a CCV studio or 2 bedroom. If you are willing to walk a couple of weeks in advance, you will likely not have any problem securing a 1 bedroom. It's possible walking will not be necessary at all.
Thank you for your detailed answers to my questions. I very much appreciate it. I did discover after spending the day yesterday researching that 1 bedrooms are such a bad use of points. I knew this in my heart, but the riviera 1 bedroom makes my heart sing.
I also hate the lack of a dresser in a studio, when I stay somewhere for a week, I want to unpack, not live out of a suitcase. Otherwise I would go studio!

As far as considering a 1 week GW, it’s not REALLY for resale purposes, it’s mostly to guarantee that 10 years from now it’s not a nightmare trying to book a week at the riviera for the time frame I want. And if Disney is slow to put on line new resorts that ‘only’ riviera people and owners of that new property to book, couple that with resale riviera owners competing at the 11 month mark stuck only to book at riviera, I am going to say that might just be a nightmare booking scenario. And it’s not like fast passes, where the majority of competition is mostly undisney educated. You will be going toe to toe with savvy DVC owners. Yikes.

And in the back of my mind, 20 years from now, if we did sell and not put it in our estate for the kids, that guarantee week might look pretty good on resale, if it was in the fall season.

on the other hand, if I understand this correctly, I can’t break my GW contract into 2 small contracts to combine for the right number of points. And a 300 point GW might be an albatross instead of a swan 20 years from now. Also, 300 points! Not at resale prices either! Argh! Maybe a giant albatross......

But I also know that DVC is bought with the heart as well as the mind. I do not like BLT or OKW or SSR (I do love AKL though, but it’s just so darn available that I don’t think I will end up making that the home resort, I don’t want concierge rooms). I even stayed at BLT a few years ago on rented points, and it just left me cold. I am going to have to stay at riviera and try out a studio before I make a decision. Or I might bite the bullet and go for what I really want.

I actually feel that the opportunity for a GW at riviera makes it more attractive to me because I am concerned about booking availability in the coming years. But maybe my thinking is wrong! However, this has been a very pleasant armchair vacation, researching and figuring out what might be the best way to go. I am retired now and the kiddies are grown up, my husband has a few more years of work- but I can definitely see some girls only trips with food and wine festival happening....and then couple trips after that....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter