All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

Also I will say the points are the Fixed Week point totals as well.

For me though I would have to check if when I cancel I will get all 150 points back or just the 149 and member services has to give me the extra point. That is my contract that they added 1 point to in order to get me to the 300 total point incentive.

I can even modify and search new dates within normal booking guidelines as well.

View attachment 541666
It looks like it’s allowing me to modify mine as well. I even clicked on modify and let me select dates (though not to change dates in advance of 11 month) and clicking search did enter me into the modification workflow with what is available. I didn’t actually try to confirm anything so I cannot say beyond that. I am likely canceling my FWs in 2021 and banking the points, so I if I do I’ll let you know if it works.

Mine cannot be modified. I would venture to guess that your reservations were made by someone less experienced with GWs because typically they want to verbally warn you that you lose GW when converting to points ALSO they then need to manually add back points the difference between reservation and GW contract amount to make you whole.

*IF* (when?) the GW is ever LESS points than the booking, they will probably need to ADD points to account before making the booking in order to properly fund the reservation. In such a case they definitely want to manually cancel so they get their points back! 8-)

Mine cannot be modified. I would venture to guess that your reservations were made by someone less experienced with GWs because typically they want to verbally warn you that you lose GW when converting to points ALSO they then need to manually add back points the difference between reservation and GW contract amount to make you whole.

*IF* (when?) the GW is ever LESS points than the booking, they will probably need to ADD points to account before making the booking in order to properly fund the reservation. In such a case they definitely want to manually cancel so they get their points back! 8-)

When was your FW booked?

Have another next week that will be booked for me which could point to a change or an error like you said.

When was your FW booked?

Have another next week that will be booked for me which could point to a change or an error like you said.
They were booked (WK48) Tuesday evening I believe. It will be interesting to see if my WK49 will be booked next Tuesday as well. I anticipate the same unmodifiable type of reservation but let’s see what happens!

Also I will say the points are the Fixed Week point totals as well.

For me though I would have to check if when I cancel I will get all 150 points back or just the 149 and member services has to give me the extra point. That is my contract that they added 1 point to in order to get me to the 300 total point incentive.

The need to call in was because the week typically books at a different number of points than what you own - ie that average of 10% more. Of course that can vary year to year so you might actually hit right on it especially with the point reallocations that have been done. If you cancel online and the number of points needed to book was less then unless something has changed you'll only get that lower number back. MS needs to cancel to return back the full number of points you have on the contract. If you book something ahead of time then the fixed week won't be done and no bother in getting the full contract of points.

Last edited:
All three of my FWs at CCV - 44,47,48 - allow me to go into the Modify workflow. I haven’t actually modified or cancelled them online as the post above makes me nervous I wouldn’t get my points back.

For those with RunDisney weeks: DVC never called me about modifying the week. Aren’t they supposed to? It’s passed the 11 months now and we are likely cancelling next year anyway, but I wanted to understand how it *should* be working.

Also how does the early registration for the races work? Is that something they are supposed to call me about or send me an email on? I know I can call MS but figured I’d ask here first.

All three of my FWs at CCV - 44,47,48 - allow me to go into the Modify workflow. I haven’t actually modified or cancelled them online as the post above makes me nervous I wouldn’t get my points back.

For those with RunDisney weeks: DVC never called me about modifying the week. Aren’t they supposed to? It’s passed the 11 months now and we are likely cancelling next year anyway, but I wanted to understand how it *should* be working.

Also how does the early registration for the races work? Is that something they are supposed to call me about or send me an email on? I know I can call MS but figured I’d ask here first.

clarified by another

Last edited:

They are supposed to call you to schedule the week, and you should also receive an email with race registration. You should call them.

For the race, W&D 2021 hasn't been scheduled yet, so that's probably why no registrations have gone out - I haven't received it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter