Am I the only one nuts?

Glad I found this! I stay up late to read threads on here! I talk about WDW at least once a day, I tell cashiers/bank tellers/doctors/everyone that we're going...I love it! I love WDW!

I must defer to the wise and insightful, always delightful Cheshire ...

:ccat:We're all MAD here!:ccat:

I haven't even been for the first time yet and am obsessed. Thankfully my parents are too - so we get together on weekends when we can to do "homework" (watch Disney movies), plan intineraries, talk about WDW, talk about the DIS ... we're all on the DIS ...

and I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that I may or may not have my collection of Disney shirts already packed in my suitcase :rolleyes1

You're definitely not alone. As a matter of fact...welcome home! This is THE place where you can talk Disney all you want and noone will get tired of it.

I just went out to buy a new bathing suit and snacks for our trip down at the END OF THIS WEEK! (we can't wait):banana:

We're goin' to Disney...

We're just as bad in my house! DH and I went last month for 5 days sans children. We go back in 115 days with kids and my parents. We both read the Disboards, plus i also read the passporter threads. I got 2 new DW books in the mail yesterday, the PP Treasure Hunts and the Ultimate Guide to Disney, gorgeous book! We are DVC so I also check the site daily to see if we got our waitlist to BCV, fell in love with it last month and with my 2 parents who are over 60, one with a hip replacement and other health issues, want to be close to their favorite park. We also have several Disney shows on the TIVO so we watch those a lot as well.

You're one of many on the same Disney fanatic boat!

Maybe we'll see you there for our first Christmas at Disney!:santa:

You're not the only one. We went for our first family vacation last October and can't wait to get down again for October 2008 :woohoo:! MNSSHP here we come!

I've been waiting for the new rates to come out so we can start setting aside the money for DH's room ressie. He attends a conference that is at Disney every other year and of course, it will be back next year :banana:!

Now that the rates are finally out, I'm going balistic with trying to tack on our vacation the day his conference ends. However, this time, we want to treat my mom and have her come with us. She hasn't been down since 1993.

I'm wondering how long it will take before DH gets tired of me talking about it :rolleyes1 But then again, he may finally enjoy doing this. At least right now he is and would like to sit down together and plan this out. He even suggested surprising my mom with the information for her birthday in February so she has time to start saving up her "Slush" fund.

I have been thinking Disney 24/7 since June. My mom has been showing my kids the disney video for a year now and we have finally decided to get the ball rolling for our Big Family Trip. Now I'm not the most decisive person to begin with and I like to weigh every possible option, so just figuring out the dates and where we will stay has taken a vast amount of my time. I have finally found dates that work for all members of our trip (I’m crossing my fingers ~ June of 2008) Now I have 11mos to obsess! By the way I still haven’t decided where to stay yet?
My Brain has been going nonstop about this decision:
  • maybe CSR or POFQ
  • maybe PopCentury
  • maybe rent from a DVC owner
  • hmmmmm AKV savannah view would be nice – uh well maybe save a little $ with the standard view.
  • Then again if I could find a CSR who wants to get rid of their points that pool is awesome
  • OKW is pretty too
  • Do I buy at $13 a point or hold out for $11

All of these decisions to make and so much info to be found!

By the way I still haven’t decided where to stay yet?
My Brain has been going nonstop about this decision:
  • maybe CSR or POFQ
  • maybe PopCentury
  • maybe rent from a DVC owner
  • hmmmmm AKV savannah view would be nice – uh well maybe save a little $ with the standard view.
  • Then again if I could find a CSR who wants to get rid of their points that pool is awesome
  • OKW is pretty too
  • Do I buy at $13 a point or hold out for $11

All of these decisions to make and so much info to be found!

Try asking over on the Resorts Board. You'll get a lot of help and advice. I wasn't sure if we should try a deluxe or keep with the value resorts, so I posted my question on the Resorts Board. Got a lot of good suggestions and helpfull information :thumbsup2

You are in the right place. :)

We booked for September 2007 in Dec. 2006 (on the bounceback plan) and I had me alarm set on my cell phone for 180 days so I could make ADR's.

For the November trip (a last minute thing sort of since I booked it about a month ago when DH said it was OK) I had the cell phone alarm set for when I could book ADR's, when I could book the Candlelight Processional, and it is still set for when I can book Lunch with an Imagineer.

We're all OCD here when it comes to our Disney trips!

I don't know who's more excited about our upcoming trip in October...me or my DS who will turn 2 a couple days before we leave. If I ask him if he's excited about going to see Mou Mou (Mickey) he starts dancing, squeeling, giggling, and will sometimes run to the front door yelling "go go go"! If I ask him what he wants for his birthday he tells me "kiss Mou Mou". Not even 2 yet and already addicted to Disney.:thumbsup2 I almost always go to the princess meals because I've always liked the princesses. So we never miss a meal at CRT and this time also booked the princess breakfast in Norway. Now I have to book them because my DS is a HUGE flirt and loves the princesses too:rotfl: We have a great picture of him with Mickey but the only pictures he had great big smiles in were the ones with the princesses. My father got a big kick out of that.

I'd love to be able to pack way in advance but usually only get the kiddo's summer clothes packed in advance and the rest I have to do the week before. This year I get the joy of packing for vacation AND planning/prepping for/throwing a birthday party. Thankfully I convinced DH to have the party somewhere else so I don't have to worry about cleaning before and after the party and dealing with a party while my house is cluttered with packed and half packed suitcases. No surprise to anyone that the theme of the birthday party is Mickey...complete with Mickey ear headbands instead of the typical party hats.::MickeyMo

For some reason DH never gets excited before the trip...probably because he hates to pack and we drive down now and I know he doesn't look forward to the 3 day trip to get down there. But once we're there he has fun and I think he's excited that DS is less timid than he was last year and will be up for more rides. DH is looking forward to taking him on the Pooh ride and DS has already asked about the horsey ride (Cinderella's carousel). How can he possibly remember we rode that several times because he loved it so much? He was only 14 months old when he was on that!

How many posts do you have to have before it lets you post pictures? I wanted to post the cute picture of DS with Mickey but it still won't let me.

Ok I'M a little slow. At first I thought DH DD and DS were family member's initials. I get it now! Can you tell I'm blonde? Now I can't wait to use em myself!

Ok I'M a little slow. At first I thought DH DD and DS were family member's initials. I get it now! Can you tell I'm blonde? Now I can't wait to use em myself!

:rotfl2:

You are so cute. I used to be blonde, I know your pain! :) I don't have a dh or any little "d"s. Heck, I don't even have a dbf. But I'm hoping that someday, when I do have the dh/dbf, he is as big of a fan of Mickey as I am. And he better not make me choose between him and Mickey, because that is one thing I will refuse to do.

Mystery solved...turns out DH has been showing the kiddo slide shows on the computer. So he's been seeing pictures of our vacation last December several of which are him on the carousel he loved so much. No wonder he keeps mentioning it.

:cool1: I became hooked in June, 2002 (WDW) when I decided that my little family should go. The following year we had my brother's family of 4 go with us in June 2003. :thumbsup2 Finally in June 2006 we had my sister's family of 3 along with brother's family of 4 for another trip. :yay: NOW!!!......we are planning a trip in June 2008. Already booked our room at the AKL. 4 in my family, 4 in my brother's, 3 in my sister's and we have our cousin and her family of 3. I'm slowing working on the whole world going to enjoy the Magic of Disney World one family at a time. :banana: :banana: :banana:

My inlaws are trying to organize a big family Disney cruise. Between DH's immediate family, his brother in law's family, and some cousins and their families I believe we're up to about 30 people planning on going and more interested in going but not committed to it yet.

My inlaws are trying to organize a big family Disney cruise. Between DH's immediate family, his brother in law's family, and some cousins and their families I believe we're up to about 30 people planning on going and more interested in going but not committed to it yet.

Sounds fun, my inlaws used to organize family vacations like that and we always had a blast the last one was at a Resort in the Keys. It's great to just relax and here old stories (especially the ones about DH). It's too bad my inlaws don't like Disney. I've been trying to talk them into a Family Disney Trip like the one your inlaws are planning, but no can do.

(notice I am now using the initials!)

Like everyone else I am happy to have found a site where I can obsess about WDW and not offend or worry about people thinking that I have never grown up. Who wants to grow up if it means sacrificing trips to WDW!

I skipped twenty years between visits once but since then I have gone much more often. The last two times friends were suppose to go with us but they couldn't put the money aside to go so we, me and my DS, went alone and had a great time. Last year we went on a land/sea package and I made reservations in May of '05 and paid monthly on the vacation until time to go in August '06. I read DIS every day :-)disrocks: ), bought two guide books, went onto the Disney resort site, subscribed to allearsnet.com and mousesavers.com newsletters. I just planned our DL-P one-day visit in June '07 and am now planning on a magical gathering for the summer of '09. It's a never ending cycle!:rotfl2:

:love:
My solo trip in November was supposed to be with some of my family. That didn't quite work out. They decided to wait until next year. I just couldn't. Now that I am all grown up, and went many years without vacations, I am going to go away every year from now on. I am going to start looking at the Disney Cruise for 2009. I know my one of cousins wants to go on the cruise with their children. My other cousin and their kids are going to Disney this month for the first time for all of them. :wizard: If I could get all of my relatives to go on the Cruise that would be awesome. It's a shame I don't have any brothers or sisters. (Pretty soon I'm gonna start hearing "We are friends of the friendless, yes we are, yes we are." :happytv: )

Ok one moment I was elated, you might say I was on cloud 9, :cloud9: and the next moment I am back to square one. :sad2: DH and I had finally made our decision on where to stay. We decided to rent through a DVC owner at AKV. We found a renter who called me and said that she had made the reservations for us for June 2008. What a wonderful moment that was. I printed off pictures of AKV and showed DD and DS. Heard “Wow mama will we really see giraffe and zebra?”

Then when I got home there was an email from the owner saying she had some bad news and the reservation didn’t go through! Uggghhhhh,. She said that the computer was only allowing 7months out (but she did say that AKV was her home so she should be able to book 11 months out) so now I don’t know what’s going on. I just hope she calls or emails back that MS called and said it was their computer problem and of course you can have your reservation.

If this doesn’t go through I’m back to square one with trying to find :sail:someone who has AKV points at the right price and with payment options I like. Or maybe we will stay at the Coronado or the POP. Just when I thought it was time to look up all the fun Disney stuff, it’s back to hotel insanity!!!:scared1:

My 2yo daughter asks every day if today is the day we are going to Disneyworld-we aren't going for 8 months and we have never been. Looks like Disney fever is contagious LOL.

And I have already thrown a couple of things in a suitcase in preparation :rotfl:

Yvette, dh John, ds Joshua pirate: ds Samuel pirate: ds Max pirate: and dd Freya princess:

I defintely think that disney maina is inherited. My ds4 climbs his swingset everyday and proudly proclaims he's driving to WDW. He's never been before but he'll tell anyone that will listen to him that he's going there to meet the little mermaid and take his picture with her. It's no wonder he is so involved with everything disney, I spend all my time looking here and on other disney sites.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter