Annual Pass return for out of state guests???

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Ok I apologize if this has come up before but I have been so long out of the loop on anything regarding WDW. With that said has there been any recent news or anything to suggest that annual passes for out of state guests might be returning anytime soon? Any news mentioning this at all?

Thanks

Nothing new. Even in state guests can only buy Pixie Dust, then they have to wait a year before they can upgrade to anything higher.

I think WDW annual passes as we knew it , are gone.
New restrictions and higher prices if they come back
100%, maybe one day DVC members might get some sort of special AP situation to keep them coming back - worded poorly, should've said to keep them selling/people signing up. But out of state APs are dinosaurs, just gone.

Nothing new. Even in state guests can only buy Pixie Dust, then they have to wait a year before they can upgrade to anything higher.

Wow, you just taught me something I've clearly missed before. I didn't realize there was a path to upgrade. Thanks.

Short answer. NO.

Now DL Paris just announced there were putting their new pass sales on hold. They also have 4 similar ones. They said they are revamping the AP program and looking to end of year for the new program. SO might this be a sign that all three parks are getting new programs????? Since all three have holds on sales.

Wow, you just taught me something I've clearly missed before. I didn't realize there was a path to upgrade. Thanks.
For Florida Residents only.

I so want these to come back. At least now I am super grateful I didn’t buy into DVC. If I was an out of state DVC owner with no AP access, I’d be angry!

Sadly, Disney is happy to not have me as a customer as much as I want to do. :(.

For Florida Residents only.
That is mainly because only the Incredi-Pass is available to out of state. Though do any DVC members still happen to still be carrying the Sorcerer Pass? If so, they could possibly upgrade to the Incredi-Pass at renewal?

Yeah, we just renewed the other day. Had Pixie Dust Pass and all passes were available to renew in to. We still kept the Pixie Dust Pass. It is hard to argue with the price at $30 per month.We are Florida residents.

They've been mums the word on WDW APs.

My DVC friends (out of state) have maintained renewals in part to concerns related to future sales.

Thanks for the replies. So no news at all really then? Oh well.
At this point if there is going to be any news, it won't be until the week after Easter (at the earliest.). It's one of the busiest times of year for Disney so no need to sell APs right now.

I so want these to come back. At least now I am super grateful I didn’t buy into DVC. If I was an out of state DVC owner with no AP access, I’d be angry!

Sadly, Disney is happy to not have me as a customer as much as I want to do. :(.

Same here. Pre-COVID, we went at least 4 times a year and even 7 or 8 times one year. We always stayed Deluxe because my wife is a Princess. (but she is my princess, and I knew what I was getting into. lol) We considered loading up on a bunch of DVC points multiple times, but decided that we prefer to stay in the actual hotels instead. Bay Lake Tower doesn't feel the same as staying in the actual Main building. So, we passed. Very glad we did.

That is mainly because only the Incredi-Pass is available to out of state. Though do any DVC members still happen to still be carrying the Sorcerer Pass? If so, they could possibly upgrade to the Incredi-Pass at renewal?
Yes, they can upgrade at renewal. In fact, WDW sends out “reminders” that your expiration date is approaching, with a link to Renew Now. If you click that link, it brings you to the webpage for renewing an IncrediPass and doesn’t even mention that if you want to keep the Sorcerer AP you just have to call DVC Member Services. Obviously, they want DVC members to renew up to the more expensive pass, and based on posts I’ve seen here, some do that without realizing they have the option to keep the less expensive one.

Yes, they can upgrade at renewal. In fact, WDW sends out “reminders” that your expiration date is approaching, with a link to Renew Now. If you click that link, it brings you to the webpage for renewing an IncrediPass and doesn’t even mention that if you want to keep the Sorcerer AP you just have to call DVC Member Services. Obviously, they want DVC members to renew up to the more expensive pass, and based on posts I’ve seen here, some do that without realizing they have the option to keep the less expensive one.
Interesting, when I went in to renew our Florida Pixie Dust AP online, it defaulted to the Incredi-Pass, but it let me change it back to Pixie Dust to renew. No call needed.

Interesting, when I went in to renew our Florida Pixie Dust AP online, it defaulted to the Incredi-Pass, but it let me change it back to Pixie Dust to renew. No call needed.
DVC owners have to call MS so that MS can connect them to Ticketing and confirm to Ticketing that they’re eligible for the DVC Sorcerer AP. Then Ticketing takes payment over the phone and completes the renewal.

If they opened up sales to DVC and you were friends and family with DVC on MDE, would they be able to buy annual passes for you?

If they opened up sales to DVC and you were friends and family with DVC on MDE, would they be able to buy annual passes for you?
No, only members and those living in the same household would be able to buy DVC tix. Everyone over 18 has to show ID when activating the pass and DVC member shows member card (now it's digital.)

I could see them starting sales again in September, after the summer slam. I still have and keep renewing mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter